W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Apr 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,366 of 3,914
Quote:
^ ya'll actually memorize lyrics GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!! Hurrr hurr here we go how you gonna rap when you skinny, 50 ain't skinny, 2pac ain't skinny wa wa wa I'm gonna knock you out!!! Swag............ lyrics to live by.
cool.gif

Is it Justin Bieber?

See we actually pay attention to music that's why we actually have taste.

Quote:
Its one of those groups, you kinda just need to have a connection with the MCs to know which one it is.

Idk what acid jazz is. Nah, I may have made it too hard lol. I was seriously surprised you got Secrets of the Cosmonauts.

I'm guessing Organized Konfusion then. The lyrics seem similarly interlaced and intellectual in a way that's sorta kinda similar? (I'm just shooting in the dark here). 

I don't remember anything like that in their debut album as it's the only one I've heard. Please don't flame my noobness.

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #1,367 of 3,914
Quote:
Is it Justin Bieber?

See we actually pay attention to music that's why we actually have taste.

I'm guessing Organized Konfusion then. The lyrics seem similarly interlaced and intellectual in a way that's sorta kinda similar? (I'm just shooting in the dark here). 

I don't remember anything like that in their debut album as it's the only one I've heard. Please don't flame my noobness.

Its from equinox, if it wasn't for the damn skits, its in the league of their self-titled album

Quote:
^ ya'll actually memorize lyrics GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!! Hurrr hurr here we go how you gonna rap when you skinny, 50 ain't skinny, 2pac ain't skinny wa wa wa I'm gonna knock you out!!! Swag............ lyrics to live by.
cool.gif

I don't, but a quotable is a quotable, its RAP after all

If you are intimately familiar with an MC enough you can basically finish a line before they recite it...off their new song. Better yet, if I was given lyrics and nothing but the written lyrics, I can probably vibe through it just by recalling how the MC typically raps. I do with no less than 10 MCs, probably more if I wasn't so occupied with other crap.

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #1,368 of 3,914
Quote:
I don't, but a quotable is a quotable, its RAP after all

If you are intimately familiar with an MC enough you can basically finish a line before they recite it...off their new song. Better yet, if I was given lyrics and nothing but the written lyrics, I can probably vibe through it just by recalling how the MC typically raps. I do with no less than 10 MCs, probably more if I wasn't so occupied with other crap.

It's like my post-rock/ballad obsession. I can usually continue to play a hook or lyric (the latter partly in due to how generic plenty of ballads are - not to diminish the greatness of the genre) if I've heard the band enough times. 

i.e. Any and every Loveholics song :p

Master troll can probably do the same with b-ball plays to be fair though.

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #1,369 of 3,914
It's like my post-rock/ballad obsession. I can usually continue to play a hook or lyric (the latter partly in due to how generic plenty of ballads are - not to diminish the greatness of the genre) if I've heard the band enough times. 

i.e. Any and every Loveholics song :p

Master troll can probably do the same with b-ball plays to be fair though.

Whatcha talking about ALL my moves are originals, ain't nothing predictable here meng. Speak for yourself I be serving it up left and right and shooting it as well. Then you'll know who masa' troll is when he bust a J in yo face MJ style. :p

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #1,370 of 3,914
Jumpers are over used, work on some hooks and laugh at players tryna contest it, no matter how tall

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #1,371 of 3,914
Jumpers are over used, work on some hooks and laugh at players tryna contest it, no matter how tall

damn Kami you know me so well, I do have a mean hook and a nice banker meng. I don't really have a jumper, cuz my @as too lazy to do it properly so I just bank it. Was using that phrase just to trash talk Twinkies noob Bball @as.

I do agree with you though, and might even say that jumpers are as over rated as lyrics is in rap. :p

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #1,372 of 3,914
If we put it into perspective, lyrics is to rap what dribbling is to basketball. Then lyricism is the posterization, ankle breakers and shutdowns. No line your feet up and shoot ****, get that ball into the basket in any means necessary.

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #1,373 of 3,914
If we put it into perspective, lyrics is to rap what dribbling is to basketball. Then lyricism is the posterization, ankle breakers and shutdowns. No line your feet up and shoot ****, get that ball into the basket in any means necessary.

LoL well put I knew you were a Baller at heart even though your idols are pretty boi cross dressers. :D

Did you come up with that last line, not bad. :beerchug:

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #1,374 of 3,914
Quote:
LoL well put I knew you were a Baller at heart even though your idols are pretty boi cross dressers.
biggrin.gif

Did you come up with that last line, not bad.
beerchug.gif

Well, I seriously hated my highschool coaches telling me to line my feet up and shoot "properly." Not to sound conceited but I quite literally was like 1 of 2 people in my team that had a natural shooting style. Everyone else was complete crap or too damn rigid with their 45-degree-bent-elbow crap. Don't even get me started with bball IQ, its like they joined the team just cuz they were athletic and had always participated in every athletic thing when they were younger, so why not try for the team right?

sorry for mini rant, I thought you meant k-pop idols there for a sec, i only like B2ST and BAP, none of the members cross dress

here's a cutie for you

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #1,375 of 3,914
Well, I seriously hated my highschool coaches telling me to line my feet up and shoot "properly." Not to sound conceited but I quite literally was like 1 of 2 people in my team that had a natural shooting style. Everyone else was complete crap or too damn rigid with their 45-degree-bent-elbow crap. Don't even get me started with bball IQ, its like they joined the team just cuz they were athletic and had always participated in every athletic thing when they were younger, so why not try for the team right?

sorry for mini rant, I thought you meant k-pop idols there for a sec, i only like B2ST and BAP, none of the members cross dress

here's a cutie for you

nah man that's all you buddy. I can't hang with that sh!T.

LoL Kami da baller!!! Fff all that proper crap, you gotta develop your own style meng. Ain't no cookie cutter plug and play stuff going to advance your game, though it's good to know the fundamentals but if it doesn't feel right to you its worthless.

I was the only Chinese dood in my HS varsity team and the rest were all Bracks and Filipino doods, while the Bracks doods were raw as hell on their own they don't know how to play well as a team. And we got creamed by other schools that played crazy well together even though we had more "raw" talent.
Anywho what I am getting at is that there needs to be a fine balanced in order to become better.

The funny thing about that year was that I had to quit the damn team early into the season cuz there is this dumb @ss swimming test requirement you have to pass in order to graduate but my noob @ss can't swim so I had to join the swim team in order to learn. LMAO

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #1,376 of 3,914
^ its the Tragically Hip for sure :)

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #1,378 of 3,914
Oops, posted that prematurely.. didn't see the additional pages. Oops.

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #1,379 of 3,914
Quote:
And the truth comes out.

Yeah so how bout dems rap ya know?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Apr 22, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #1,380 of 3,914
^ its the Tragically Hip for sure :)

It's a tragedy indeed just look at all them hot single females Kami posted WAYNE, they're just screaming for your attention, you just gonna act like you don't see them??? Cold WAYNE!!!

And the truth comes out.

[rule]
Yeah so how bout dems rap ya know?

haha at times it did felt like I was the only one and proud of it. :D

so how 'bout dem bangerz ya know???

@Kami
pretty good stuff meng, the production of the 1st MV was nice and has an interesting message as well. The DJ premier production on the 2nd track is pretty damn sweet. The rappers were alright, could have killed it some more me thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back