W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Oct 7, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #3,586 of 3,914

the yeezy reviewer is a reviewer of pop music though so it makes sense for him to be blown away by it.

Checking out the reviewer of the NehruvianDOOM album, it is quite apparent he his confused by his own rating system. The actual review itself might be more telling of his thoughts on it but his rating system doesn't mean much. Most of the regular hip-hop that I am familiar with is rated anywhere between 6-8 out of 10. The only 10/10 I came across is DIlla's Donuts but it looks looks to be more of a dickride rather than a proper objective rating. Dilla beats can be dope but it isn't some miraculous holy water that offer eternal blessing to your system.

^
That just means you just have piss poor taste Kami, while all my albums are top rankin'......
......by me that is. :wink:

Dilla is good but overrated, some of his stuff is fyre while a lot of it is a miss for me sadly. Can't say i am a huge fan tbh.

You say it like i take ANY of the reviews posted on pitchfork seriously. LMAO Just check it out for the LuLs. : P

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #3,590 of 3,914
verse? hard to pick, he's got so many one liners.  off the top "got more soul, than a sock with a hole", "smack the thin grin off a chin for crack smokin, DDT the first bar and leave the track back broken".  good question tho.  how abouts you?

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #3,592 of 3,914
haha, he does have goofy song titles.  

microwave mayonnaise
ballskin
deep fried frenz
hoecakes
space hoes
gazillionear
sofa king

and he's got like a 10 cd set of all beats.  they have strange names as well.  like they are part of a witch's stew.  called special herbs and spices
chrysanthenum
dragon's blood+ cayenne
dragon's blood resin + cinnamon
horehound + sesame seeds

he isn't the best rapper in the world, but he's probably one of my favorites.  mostly because of his creativity and his ability to be grimey and vulgar yet whimsical.  and he's deep. some of his stuff makes no sense at all at first listen, until you figure out his references.  and then it's like damn.  genius.

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #3,594 of 3,914
Logic just released this song 46 minutes ago:
https://soundcloud.com/teamvisionary/logic-buried-alive

Called "Buried Alive"  

It's good stuff : )  I'm mostly posting it just to beat ultra fan boy OP to it.

EDIT: The Quentin Tarantino name drop at the end just made this song GOLD.  Second favorite director/writer of ALL TIME!

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #3,596 of 3,914
New Logic album out today.  I'm just waiting for a FLAC rip of it :3

Listening to mp3 version of it and lots of good stuff on it so far.  It leaked a few days ago apparently.  

2,200 POST OMG SO BIG CELEBRATION PLS NOW

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #3,597 of 3,914

Listening to mp3 version of it and lots of good stuff on it so far.  It leaked a few days ago apparently.  

2,200 POST OMG SO BIG CELEBRATION PLS NOW

^
Logic Album purchased as well as new Run The Jewels 2. hoho We eating REAL GUD!!!

Oh schiit and new Big K.R.I.T as well soon.
... 'ish is gonna be FYRE!!!
popcorn.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #3,598 of 3,914
^^^go get Intuition by Boaz and Blasphemy by Apollo Brown & Ras Kass as well. Have a good weekend or night.

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #3,599 of 3,914
  ^^^go get Intuition by Boaz and Blasphemy by Apollo Brown & Ras Kass as well. Have a good weekend or night.

^
Do i look like i am made of cabbages??? Ain't buying all that 'ish i ain't heard of you crazy Kami.

Need to buy some Korean Hip Hop albums tbh.
ph34r.gif

... one of my favs from the album. :  )

Oct 25, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #3,600 of 3,914
Run The Jewels 2 is now free for DL!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/10/run-the-jewels-2-stream

Get it while it's hot. Just for making it free, it's already worth my purchase of the album. : P

Had no idea it was gonna be free as it was with their 1st release. haha <3 them for that though. :  )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back