1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music' started by sfwalcer, Jan 21, 2013.
First

Back
230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
Next

Last
  1. sfwalcer
    ^
    That just means you just have piss poor taste Kami, while all my albums are top rankin'......
    ......by me that is. :wink:

Dilla is good but overrated, some of his stuff is fyre while a lot of it is a miss for me sadly. Can't say i am a huge fan tbh.

You say it like i take ANY of the reviews posted on pitchfork seriously. LMAO Just check it out for the LuLs. : P

2. KamijoIsMyHero
    Idk about you but my piss is healthy clear

3. luberconn
    i listened to the new nehruvianDOOM album last night.  it wasn't all that.  i love me some DOOM and his beats are nice in this album, but the lyrical content was so-so.  

4. KamijoIsMyHero
    What is your favourite DOOM verse?

5. luberconn
    verse? hard to pick, he's got so many one liners.  off the top "got more soul, than a sock with a hole", "smack the thin grin off a chin for crack smokin, DDT the first bar and leave the track back broken".  good question tho.  how abouts you?

6. KamijoIsMyHero
    "microwave mayo"

7. luberconn
    haha, he does have goofy song titles.  

microwave mayonnaise
    ballskin
    deep fried frenz
    hoecakes
    space hoes
    gazillionear
    sofa king

and he's got like a 10 cd set of all beats.  they have strange names as well.  like they are part of a witch's stew.  called special herbs and spices
    chrysanthenum
    dragon's blood+ cayenne
    dragon's blood resin + cinnamon
    horehound + sesame seeds

he isn't the best rapper in the world, but he's probably one of my favorites.  mostly because of his creativity and his ability to be grimey and vulgar yet whimsical.  and he's deep. some of his stuff makes no sense at all at first listen, until you figure out his references.  and then it's like damn.  genius.

8. KamijoIsMyHero
    Roc

Marciano

Bothand Nether likes this.
  9. linglingjr
    Logic just released this song 46 minutes ago:
    https://soundcloud.com/teamvisionary/logic-buried-alive

Called "Buried Alive"  
    1794673_986394731386160_7916586019133754519_n.jpg
    It's good stuff : )  I'm mostly posting it just to beat ultra fan boy OP to it.

EDIT: The Quentin Tarantino name drop at the end just made this song GOLD.  Second favorite director/writer of ALL TIME!

10. iambasedgod

11. linglingjr
    New Logic album out today.  I'm just waiting for a FLAC rip of it :3

Listening to mp3 version of it and lots of good stuff on it so far.  It leaked a few days ago apparently.  

2,200 POST OMG SO BIG CELEBRATION PLS NOW

12. sfwalcer

^
    Logic Album purchased as well as new Run The Jewels 2. hoho We eating REAL GUD!!!

Oh schiit and new Big K.R.I.T as well soon.
    ... 'ish is gonna be FYRE!!! [​IMG]

13. KamijoIsMyHero
    ^^^go get Intuition by Boaz and Blasphemy by Apollo Brown & Ras Kass as well. Have a good weekend or night.

14. sfwalcer

^
    Do i look like i am made of cabbages??? Ain't buying all that 'ish i ain't heard of you crazy Kami.

Need to buy some Korean Hip Hop albums tbh. [​IMG]
    ... one of my favs from the album. :  )

15. sfwalcer
    Run The Jewels 2 is now free for DL!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/10/run-the-jewels-2-stream

Get it while it's hot. Just for making it free, it's already worth my purchase of the album. : P

Had no idea it was gonna be free as it was with their 1st release. haha <3 them for that though. :  )

First

Back
230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
Next

Last