Vsonic's First Earbuds?
Feb 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:
first impressions on sound?

Quote:
how is the comparisson to blox m2c?

Decent - in fact, really good for the price and I have no problem recommend it over similar priced Sennheiser or AKG. However, it is still a long way to go before it can compete with M2c. If you have a ZO / ZO2 (or any bass boosting amp, even just some bass EQ), then it can scale up really good.

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Decent - in fact, really good for the price and I have no problem recommend it over similar priced Sennheiser or AKG. However, it is still a long way to go before it can compete with M2c. If you have a ZO / ZO2 (or any bass boosting amp, even just some bass EQ), then it can scale up really good.

ah shame, i was hoping these were as good as the blox since i can get them much easier

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #20 of 29
Got my pair from the LMUE recent sale...

Couldn't resist trying at $24 shipped. We'll see how they stack up with my other buds.

Seems they will need some modding to "fix" them. Potential though but not sure what they used to tune the sound of this earphone. I already "capped" off most of the front with scotch tape and they are much better. Nothing permanent as of yet but they most likely need capping in the front to tame them and fill them in and have some more reverb. Less flat sounding, more warmth, depth, life to the mids, fatigue reduced. Will have to tweak/adjust after many hours of burn in. Would still like them to fill in a bit more and the treble to darken/smooth out some possibly.

Similar signature to the thinner buds like the Live, Aurvana Air, and other airy more neutral buds. 

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #21 of 29
Got my pair from the LMUE recent sale...

Couldn't resist trying at $24 shipped. We'll see how they stack up with my other buds.

Seems they will need some modding to "fix" them. Potential though but not sure what they used to tune the sound of this earphone. I already "capped" off most of the front with scotch tape and they are much better. Nothing permanent as of yet but they most likely need capping in the front to tame them and fill them in and have some more reverb. Less flat sounding, more warmth, depth, life to the mids, fatigue reduced. Will have to tweak/adjust after many hours of burn in. Would still like them to fill in a bit more and the treble to darken/smooth out some possibly.

Similar signature to the thinner buds like the Live, Aurvana Air, and other airy more neutral buds. 

mind posting some pictures of your mod and impressions after burn-in........

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #22 of 29
well, I can put more hours on them. Not sure how much more change. Not much I think. 

One mod who be using ear stabilizer(from Amazon and ebay etc) to make them fit in tighter and deeper thus beefing them up some. YMMV based on fit as per usual.

You can snip a hole on the edge of a pair of foams to fit the stabilizer "arm" through and warm them up further.

The other mod is to get a hold of these type of caps...

These are the green PMX70 caps. The gray PMX80 are no longer available. They will tame the UU2 treble some but best to add these and cover more of the holes around the edge of the UU2 driver. Take a thick paper(teabag box style) and trace the buds or measure to cut out a circle the approx. size of the ear bud diameter. Cut in half one for each side. Of course you can adjust more or less the size of the inserts.

This is the mod I use plus foams on the UU2 and it balances them out and smooths/cleans the mids, vocals nicely.

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #23 of 29
well, I can put more hours on them. Not sure how much more change. Not much I think. 

One mod who be using ear stabilizer(from Amazon and ebay etc) to make them fit in tighter and deeper thus beefing them up some. YMMV based on fit as per usual.

You can snip a hole on the edge of a pair of foams to fit the stabilizer "arm" through and warm them up further.

The other mod is to get a hold of these type of caps...

These are the green PMX70 caps. The gray PMX80 are no longer available. They will tame the UU2 treble some but best to add these and cover more of the holes around the edge of the UU2 driver. Take a thick paper(teabag box style) and trace the buds or measure to cut out a circle the approx. size of the ear bud diameter. Cut in half one for each side. Of course you can adjust more or less the size of the inserts.

This is the mod I use plus foams on the UU2 and it balances them out and smooths/cleans the mids, vocals nicely.

Thx for everything.much appreciated.

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #24 of 29
Haha didn't know that they sell that kind of ear stabilizer, I make my own with some bluetack+cotton and it actually help increase bass definition. Ah not talking about Vsonic earbud sorry.

Mar 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #25 of 29
Any reviews up for this earbud? 

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #26 of 29
Thx for everything.much appreciated.

No Problem. I needed to do some modding on them and just EQ-ing more bass wouldn't get the job done. Even pushing/holding them in further warmed them up but not sure why they chose to use a silver cable and a fairly open front. They also drilled three small holes in the rear to dial in the bass amount as these have no bass port, reflex tube or duct running through the stem and those three little holes are not enough to give a nice amount of bass. The decisions they made make me scratch my head
blink.gif
. These may be a great match a nice warm tube amp but would think of doing that. Otherwise they are too sterilized, too clean and harsh, and not well tuned. Even after my mods they are only really good for quiet areas/inside and not outside in any appreciable noise.

Lovely buds physically though. Good cable, nice looking, stable fit.

Jun 13, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #27 of 29

No Problem. I needed to do some modding on them and just EQ-ing more bass wouldn't get the job done. Even pushing/holding them in further warmed them up but not sure why they chose to use a silver cable and a fairly open front. They also drilled three small holes in the rear to dial in the bass amount as these have no bass port, reflex tube or duct running through the stem and those three little holes are not enough to give a nice amount of bass. The decisions they made make me scratch my head
blink.gif
. These may be a great match a nice warm tube amp but would think of doing that. Otherwise they are too sterilized, too clean and harsh, and not well tuned. Even after my mods they are only really good for quiet areas/inside and not outside in any appreciable noise.

Lovely buds physically though. Good cable, nice looking, stable fit.

Hi, im nubie here... Tell me jant71, is this UU2 worth to buy? Coz im looking for another earbud for my another DAP, i already have PK3 and PAA 1 Pro.

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #28 of 29
Nobody is really buying them as far as I can see. that might tell you something. Lendmeurears is giving them away if you purchase a GR07 Bass. I couldn't sell mine on Amazon used unless I priced them so low it wasn't worth it so I closed the listing. The only pair I saw sell on Amazon was a used one for $4. I guess I could give may pair more burn in but I need two pairs of foams and EQ or they are too treble slanted.

I would go for maybe the Baldoor earbell buds instead as they would have more bass and a good sound not too far off from the PK3/Hisound buds signature. A safer choice with some info on them in the Dasetn/Tingo thread. The Dasetn M1 model is also worth looking into. If you do want a more neutral Vsonic like sound but warmer and better tuned, the Tingo TC100 is pretty scary. Audiphile tuning with great extension, detail, transparency that would make an Ety jealous(and I've had the ER4 twice), and a big stage. More what the UU2 would have been if it had been done correctly.

Jun 13, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #29 of 29
  Nobody is really buying them as far as I can see. that might tell you something. Lendmeurears is giving them away if you purchase a GR07 Bass. I couldn't sell mine on Amazon used unless I priced them so low it wasn't worth it so I closed the listing. The only pair I saw sell on Amazon was a used one for $4. I guess I could give may pair more burn in but I need two pairs of foams and EQ or they are too treble slanted.

I would go for maybe the Baldoor earbell buds instead as they would have more bass and a good sound not too far off from the PK3/Hisound buds signature. A safer choice with some info on them in the Dasetn/Tingo thread. The Dasetn M1 model is also worth looking into. If you do want a more neutral Vsonic like sound but warmer and better tuned, the Tingo TC100 is pretty scary. Audiphile tuning with great extension, detail, transparency that would make an Ety jealous(and I've had the ER4 twice), and a big stage. More what the UU2 would have been if it had been done correctly.

I see, thx a lot for the reply jant71. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back