Vsonic's First Earbuds?
Feb 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

thesuperguy

100+ Head-Fier
I was browsing on lendmeurears and I stumbled upon this page: http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?products_id=64&osCsid=0ff80bffd1cdcaeaef325b38d02283c7

While looking at the specs, what shocked me was the very limited frequency response of only 15hz-3000hz in comparison to most earphones that go above 10000hz often even reaching 20000hz. Then again, it could just be a typo.

Now I myself am not an expert with earbuds swearing to never purchase them again after comparing a decent pair of IEMs with apple earbuds, but Vsonic is known for putting out respectable products so this is indeed interesting.

They currently go for a little under 30 USD so there isn't much harm in trying them.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 29
Quote:
I was browsing on lendmeurears and I stumbled upon this page: http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?products_id=64&osCsid=0ff80bffd1cdcaeaef325b38d02283c7

While looking at the specs, what shocked me was the very limited frequency response of only 15hz-3000hz in comparison to most earphones that go above 10000hz often even reaching 20000hz. Then again, it could just be a typo.

Now I myself am not an expert with earbuds swearing to never purchase them again after comparing a decent pair of IEMs with apple earbuds, but Vsonic is known for putting out respectable products so this is indeed interesting.

They currently go for a little under 30 USD so there isn't much harm in trying them.

Looks very interesting. I will likely get it, trusting Vsonic's reputation, because, frankly, I don't like earbuds. Also, the frequency range is likely a typo, but it doesn't really matter, because, as far as I know, the frequency range specs for IEMs and earbuds mean little since it's not exactly accurate measuring it. But it's probably a typo. Pretty common one too though.

Earbuds can be quite decent, but generally IEMs have a better price/performance ratio in my experience. I actually haven't used the old stock Apple earbuds for several years, so I haven't the vaguest idea how they sound...I'm sure bad with what I've heard. I'm certain that VSonic's new UU2 will sound better.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 29
May be the 3000hz is a typo?  Anyway, if you are interested in ear bud, the new Apple EarPod is quite an upgrade from the previous version, with a balanced sound and surprisingly satisfying quantity of bass, especially compared to the old generation.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 29
Considering frequency response ranges are meaningless and essentially made up, I'm sure it's 15hz-30khz.

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 29
Quote:
Considering frequency response ranges are meaningless and essentially made up, I'm sure it's 15hz-30khz.

thanks for the affirmation
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #7 of 29
Probably a typo just like "Vsonics first earbuds"
smile.gif
. What was this then...

Credit to Zelda who first found these AFAIK.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #9 of 29
Most of you are probably not here long enough to know but VSONIC has sold earbuds years before they started to sell IEM, so this is definitely not their first.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:
That's interesting. Were the older model earbuds' price/performance as good as those of the company's current IEMs?

Not really.

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Not really.

people overlook earbuds. I mean i do not know why everyone do not own a Blox. I would likely say my ANV3 sounds better than the GR07 at like 1/2 the price!

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:
I will say this, the UU2 is ugly relative to the other image posted.

Yes, the earpiece look unremarkable. It does however has one of the best cable I have seen on any earbud in the recent years.

UU2-05.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back