VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Sep 24, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #1,111 of 1,164
  The Klipsche Customer 3s, although they also suffered from weak bass; however, the vocals and lead guitars were just phenomenal. 

I'm a bit disappointed because I just spent $175 on these and I'm underwhelmed. They actually seem to have a similar signature to the TTPOD T2E earbuds, only better in every respect.

If there was just a bit more solid, tight bass, I think I would have no complaints. 

Yeah, i paid close to £200 but i was able to return them to HiFiHeadphones without fuss. The best pair I've had and still have are the Dunu DN 1000. They are v shaped but the mids are very clear and detailed and not even close to being veiled. Bass is big and powerful, with great resolution. Mid bass especially is fun. Treble is very crisp and clear, depending on tip can be quite hot. i prefer foams or Spinfits. Detail levels are fantastic, to micro details level.

I guess they'd be good for metal, although it's not something i listen to. they do all genres well, big soundstage, great separation and layering. I love Queen, and some of their more heavier early stuff and metal tracks sound awesome.

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #1,112 of 1,164
You should maybe look in to Trinity Audio Deltas. They have seven individual filters. Bass, balanced, treble, etc. They are a a great IEM. They were conceived and are sold by some long time Head Fi-ers and they offer superb customer service... their aim is to make high end IEMs at an affordable price for like minded audio lovers.

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #1,113 of 1,164
VS5DS is indeed magic to my ears. The awesome soundstage is indeed impeccable. 

If I didn't try the iBasso IT03, I would not have place this on sales.

By the way, if anyone here is interested (only in Singapore), do let me know. :)

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #1,114 of 1,164
Anyone tested the New VSD5 yet? Very few impressions of it online.

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #1,115 of 1,164

I've thought about it, but already owning the VSD5 and the New VSD3S, I couldn't really justify it to myself. Tried the VSD5 with the spinfit tips from the GR07X, and was pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds, it had been a while since i listened to it. Very micro-detailed treble, and overall very detailed.

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #1,117 of 1,164

I've had a pair for about 5 months, the sound is amazing, like the new VSD3s but more refined.

excellent wide 3D soundstage, nice punchy bass, they were my fave headphones for a bit but unfortunately the connection at the jack has failed and they only work intermittently at the mo.

the new VSD3s ive had for about a year havent suffered this issue yet *fingers crossed*

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,118 of 1,164
 I've had a pair for about 5 months, the sound is amazing, like the new VSD3s but more refined.

excellent wide 3D soundstage, nice punchy bass, they were my fave headphones for a bit but unfortunately the connection at the jack has failed and they only work intermittently at the mo.

the new VSD3s ive had for about a year havent suffered this issue yet *fingers crossed*

Did you claim warranty fir a replacement 5?.......

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,120 of 1,164
no because i live in UK and returning stuff to China always seems like more hassle than it's worth. i've attempted it previously with another piece of kit and just ended up paying a load for postage with nothing to show for it. 

i put it down to experience !

Ok, thats bad......may be lmue or penon wld've been with easy claim. Not sure tho, buying from them too is same as buying from china from UK/EU.they are based in singapore and HK.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #1,121 of 1,164
I bought the Vsonic vsd5 before the S variant came out earlier this year, and it was instant love, the sound signature was perfect for my ears. However after months of regular use the cable split from one of the earphones inside, and when I sent them back to LendMeURears, where I bought them, they sent me back a pair of VSD5S' I can only assume due to the limited run of the non S variant, they ran out of stock. The S variant is almost like all the best parts of the vsd5 but with a cleaner, more toned treble. I can't compare them to any other vsonic earphones as I haven't tried any but these earphones are more then worth the price, and are certainly better then the vsd5, an upgrade no doubt but not a completely new earphone, they are certainly similar, as the name makes obvious. They have a clear but tame treble, and what I think is a spectacular middle, my favourite part of bother earphones. The bass is low and very clear but it does lack the hard hit that many people prefer, personally it is perfect for the music I tend to listen to; that being pop punk, rock and other similar genres. Overall they're a brilliant earphone, sound wise, with the upgrade that most users requested, improvements to the treble. The build quality is better as well, adding the L shape jack, and some level of strain relief, although I still think it's not enough.

I really am impressed both by the quality of the earphones, and the service at LendMeURears, they helped me out quickly and even sent me a replacement pair worth $10-20 more free of charge, I suggest them if you're looking for a pair of vsonic earphones.

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #1,122 of 1,164
I bought the Vsonic vsd5 before the S variant came out earlier this year, and it was instant love, the sound signature was perfect for my ears. However after months of regular use the cable split from one of the earphones inside, and when I sent them back to LendMeURears, where I bought them, they sent me back a pair of VSD5S' I can only assume due to the limited run of the non S variant, they ran out of stock. The S variant is almost like all the best parts of the vsd5 but with a cleaner, more toned treble. I can't compare them to any other vsonic earphones as I haven't tried any but these earphones are more then worth the price, and are certainly better then the vsd5, an upgrade no doubt but not a completely new earphone, they are certainly similar, as the name makes obvious. They have a clear but tame treble, and what I think is a spectacular middle, my favourite part of bother earphones. The bass is low and very clear but it does lack the hard hit that many people prefer, personally it is perfect for the music I tend to listen to; that being pop punk, rock and other similar genres. Overall they're a brilliant earphone, sound wise, with the upgrade that most users requested, improvements to the treble. The build quality is better as well, adding the L shape jack, and some level of strain relief, although I still think it's not enough.

I really am impressed both by the quality of the earphones, and the service at LendMeURears, they helped me out quickly and even sent me a replacement pair worth $10-20 more free of charge, I suggest them if you're looking for a pair of vsonic earphones.

well done, let me know how long they last! I fell in love with my VSD5s' but they failed after only a few months use, I assume to poor strain relief. I also own VSD3s which are also excellent , just not quite as refined sq as their more expensive brothers, but I have had them 18 months regular use without any probs.

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #1,123 of 1,164
well done, let me know how long they last! I fell in love with my VSD5s' but they failed after only a few months use, I assume to poor strain relief. I also own VSD3s which are also excellent , just not quite as refined sq as their more expensive brothers, but I have had them 18 months regular use without any probs.

Absolutely, the only issue is that my friend borrowed them and lost them a few weeks ago, I ordered a replacement pair that is due to arrive today but I had no issue with the first pair up until they were lost, I'll update here if I have any issues with the new pair, another complaint I remembered this morning that I have with the vsd5s and the vsd5, and I imagine with vsd3 and any other gem shaped vsonic earphone, is the fact that they don't quite fit most common ear tips, for example any tip that I put on them fell off regularly meaning I lost almost a pair a fortnight, not a serious issue just one I found perculiar.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #1,124 of 1,164
Absolutely, the only issue is that my friend borrowed them and lost them a few weeks ago, I ordered a replacement pair that is due to arrive today but I had no issue with the first pair up until they were lost, I'll update here if I have any issues with the new pair, another complaint I remembered this morning that I have with the vsd5s and the vsd5, and I imagine with vsd3 and any other gem shaped vsonic earphone, is the fact that they don't quite fit most common ear tips, for example any tip that I put on them fell off regularly meaning I lost almost a pair a fortnight, not a serious issue just one I found perculiar.

yes i have spiral dots on mine and they are prone to popping off, not that cheap to replace either. I wear all my over ear IEMs down, I get a snug fit with the Vsonic's this way, just swap your left and right ears over .

Jan 12, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #1,125 of 1,164

yes i have spiral dots on mine and they are prone to popping off, not that cheap to replace either. I wear all my over ear IEMs down, I get a snug fit with the Vsonic's this way, just swap your left and right ears over .

Yea I had a set of Comply Isolations on the first pair before they got lost. I find that the foam tips Vsonic provide with their earphones break easily, and i mean very easily, every set I've used have broken in a few hours of use, and I take good care of them. So that was the big frustration, the standard tips didn't last, and third party sets didn't fit properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back