VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
May 6, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #811 of 1,164
I'm looking for a relatively cheap IEM for my out and about listening.

I read all over this thread that these have great comfort and fit. Could the Shure/Westone owners confirm that the VSD5 is similar in shape and fit? The Shure 215 is the most comfortable universal I ever tried, and it doesn't budge once I set them in place.

Is this available in other colors besides the transparent? IMO the VSD3 in black looks amazing. On the other hand, it's harder to see the diamond shape cuts when it's clear, not to mention the fact that it looks like a DIY project. 

As a Westone owner I consider both VSD3 and VSD5 very comfortable and with a good fit. Sometimes instead of using my Westone on stage, to sing, I'm using my VSD5, without any problem of fitting.
As far as I know there is only 1 color for VSD5.

May 6, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #813 of 1,164
Thanks for the replies. 

That sucks. I just noticed that there is also another model VSD3S which like the VSD3 also comes in black. From what I read on here though, the VSD5 has a more refined sound quality with a more expansive sound stage and less congestion than either of those models.

Initially what sparked my interest in this price range was the Havi B3, and as soon as I heard that the B6 would be coming out "soon" (there is no current estimate, could take a long time) I waited to hear news on it. Who knows when it'll come out.

May 6, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #814 of 1,164
  Thanks for the replies. 

That sucks. I just noticed that there is also another model VSD3S which like the VSD3 also comes in black. From what I read on here though, the VSD5 has a more refined sound quality with a more expansive sound stage and less congestion than either of those models.

Initially what sparked my interest in this price range was the Havi B3, and as soon as I heard that the B6 would be coming out "soon" (there is no current estimate, could take a long time) I waited to hear news on it. Who knows when it'll come out.

There's a new model VSD2/2S from Vsonic.....don't have VSD5 but VSD2 sounds better than my VSD3S (to me).....if someone who owns both, cld confirm if VSD2 sounds on par with VSD5,you cld save some $$ and also the shells are bit comfortable to wear....just sayin.

May 6, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #815 of 1,164

There's a new model VSD2/2S from Vsonic.....don't have VSD5 but VSD2 sounds better than my VSD3S (to me).....if someone who owns both, cld confirm if VSD2 sounds on par with VSD5,you cld save some $$ and also the shells are bit comfortable to wear....just sayin.

Hello there, I have the VSD2 and the VSD5.

To my ears the VSD2 and the VSD5 are not on par.

Comparing them with exactly the same tips - 

The VSD5 is far superior. The 2 sounds good, but more hollow in comparison. The vsd2 is also a lot more sibliant. I'd say that the vsd5 performs and reproduces sound better at all frequencies compared to the vsd2. However, both iems have a similar sound signature. It's just that the VSD5 does that particular signature a lot better.

May 6, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #816 of 1,164
  Hello there, I have the VSD2 and the VSD5.

To my ears the VSD2 and the VSD5 are not on par.

Comparing them with exactly the same tips - 

The VSD5 is far superior. The 2 sounds good, but more hollow in comparison. The vsd2 is also a lot more sibliant. I'd say that the vsd5 performs and reproduces sound better at all frequencies compared to the vsd2. However, both iems have a similar sound signature. It's just that the VSD5 does that particular signature a lot better.

Exactly, VSD2 cant take on VSD5. VSD5 is more detailed.

May 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #817 of 1,164

The shells are supposed to be smooth and rounded on the inner side. Does your ear come in contact with the hard edgy side at all?

May 6, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #819 of 1,164
The fit will be uncomfortable if you have small outer ears. Though if you have tried the 215s, these should be fine. The transparency is brilliant imo.

VSD3 is the worst offender here. They dig into my small-ish ears and become uncomfortable after awhile. VSD5 are better. VSD2 are the most comfortable for me.

Exactly, VSD2 cant take on VSD5. VSD5 is more detailed.

Agreed. There is absolutely no way VSD2 are in the same class as VSD5. VSD5 has less boomy, well-controlled bass and increased clarity / more details by comparison.

The shells are supposed to be smooth and rounded on the inner side. Does your ear come in contact with the hard edgy side at all?

That's a big yes if you have small-ish ears :frowning2:

May 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #820 of 1,164
My Concha is pretty big/deep, so I shouldn't have a problem. I know the VSD3/3S/5 have different signatures but is it safe to say the 5 have the "best" SQ? The price difference is $10 on mp4nation. 

I am still considering the Havi B3, which is the same price as VSD5. The B3 look better than the VSD5 for sure, and very similar ergonomics. I guess the most important aspect of sound would be sound stage/layering/seperation. 

Decisions decisions...

May 6, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #821 of 1,164
Quote:

The shells are smooth all around,not sure what did you mean by hard edgy...... So, I assume it's the back of the shell you were referring to, and yes, that MIGHT come in contact if you have a little big anti-tragus, tho yours not a small ear and have enough room (concha) to fit the shell.....

May 6, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #822 of 1,164
I have the havis and VSD5s, for me if you are looking for an IEM for outside wear, go with the Havi because they look better in your view. But only if you have a good powerful music player cus the B3s are super power hungry and lack of power wont realise their full potential. Thats concerning looks. On sound quality, VSD5s are the way to go. They have a nice treble extension that can be slightly sibilant but very detailed, seperation wont dissappoint (B3 and VSD5 seperates the same imo but my friend says that VSD5s seperate better) and not to mention the solid bass performance of the VSD5s as compared to the B3, B3s bass is leaner and more analytical so to speak. If you like a flatter frequency response and the 'not so fun' factor, go for the havis. If you are looking for fun but without being too wishy then go for the VSD5s. Cheers!

May 6, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #823 of 1,164
 Nope. Not mine.

How would you say the VSD5 and Titan 1's compares? Any input on differences and similarities would be highly appreciated.

May 6, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #824 of 1,164
I have the havis and VSD5s, for me if you are looking for an IEM for outside wear, go with the Havi because they look better in your view. But only if you have a good powerful music player cus the B3s are super power hungry and lack of power wont realise their full potential. Thats concerning looks. On sound quality, VSD5s are the way to go. They have a nice treble extension that can be slightly sibilant but very detailed, seperation wont dissappoint (B3 and VSD5 seperates the same imo but my friend says that VSD5s seperate better) and not to mention the solid bass performance of the VSD5s as compared to the B3, B3s bass is leaner and more analytical so to speak. If you like a flatter frequency response and the 'not so fun' factor, go for the havis. If you are looking for fun but without being too wishy then go for the VSD5s. Cheers!

Thanks for the detailed comparison. I am planning to drive either of them with my DX90, I think it should do the trick.

So in terms of width and depth of sound stage, both of these give you a similar immersive 3D presentation? The VSD5 aren't so ugly that I wouldn't consider them for outside use. What sort of music do you listen to, and what sounds better through which IEM?

May 6, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #825 of 1,164

Thanks for the detailed comparison. I am planning to drive either of them with my DX90, I think it should do the trick.

So in terms of width and depth of sound stage, both of these give you a similar immersive 3D presentation? The VSD5 aren't so ugly that I wouldn't consider them for outside use. What sort of music do you listen to, and what sounds better through which IEM?

I have issues with the fit with my B3, they just don´t sit right in my ears, i have no such issues with the vsd5. A thing i would consider is that when you are on the move is the ambient noise. When i take my b3 out for a walk to work the bass is almost completely filtered out. They are fine for home use but tends to be to lean for me when on the move. I am by no means a bass head either. VSD5 has more bass to equal out the ambient noise. 

I think the B3 can sound a little bit nasal and hollow in the mids. The B3 was king when this Chinese craze started off.. Now i am not so sure really. There are many iems i think is better. KC06, VSD5 and VSD2s to name a few. 

I listen to a lot of metal and heavy rock if that helps you in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back