VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Apr 9, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #751 of 1,164
  UPDATE: After three months of daily usage, I'm losing signal to the left side. The problem is actually the headphone jack. I guess I'll have to terminate it and resolder on a new plug when I get the time. 

Conclusion: VSD5 sounds great after you get use to the sharp highs. However, it durability is the real issue.

Hmm, i wont fault much on its sound ( its my day to day iem for now) but yeah, it should have had spent more time at QC.

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #752 of 1,164
this is one of the non sound related reasons why i prefer the vsd3s > the vsd5

replaceable/detachable cables

i got the lunarshops cable in the event the cable on the vsd3s cable shorts out (practically the same build as the vsd5, which is a bit concerning for its long term durability)

so a detachable cable is always nice!

enjoy! 

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #753 of 1,164
  this is one of the non sound related reasons why i prefer the vsd3s > the vsd5

replaceable/detachable cables

i got the lunarshops cable in the event the cable on the vsd3s cable shorts out (practically the same build as the vsd5, which is a bit concerning for its long term durability)

so a detachable cable is always nice!

enjoy! 

Yo man, we got you. I clearly dont under stand why Vsonic ditched detachable cable on VSD5.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #755 of 1,164
 Yo man, we got you. I clearly dont under stand why Vsonic ditched detachable cable on VSD5.

Because the MMCX connector is rather **** to be honest :) Many reported bad connection between the housing and the cable. My friends pair was DOA due to the cable. 

I can understand that, heard many ppls response to that.

Having non detachable cables is fine by me. They just need better strain relief. Like the older generation of vsonic earphones. Then im satisfied

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #756 of 1,164
  Because the MMCX connector is rather **** to be honest :) Many reported bad connection between the housing and the cable. My friends pair was DOA due to the cable. 

We would have used Some other cable.

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #757 of 1,164
Or you wanna say that all of those of this type are not good.

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #758 of 1,164
Quick update. I was able to send in my pair to Lendmeurears and promptly got a new set.

UPDATE: After three months of daily usage, I'm losing signal to the left side. The problem is actually the headphone jack. I guess I'll have to terminate it and resolder on a new plug when I get the time. 

Conclusion: VSD5 sounds great after you get use to the sharp highs. However, it durability is the real issue.

Had the same exact problem. If you purchased the pair from Lendmeurears, shoot them an email. I was able to get my pair replaced.

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #759 of 1,164
Quick update. I was able to send in my pair to Lendmeurears and promptly got a new set.
Had the same exact problem. If you purchased the pair from Lendmeurears, shoot them an email. I was able to get my pair replaced.

I told ya. Cheers.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #760 of 1,164
Today i was playing with tips, tired a few, those Klipsch were good but it pumps more bass, i use T2 red tips or SHE9850 tips on my VSD5, but today, went a bit further and tired Nokia lumia tips with wide bore, it was better, sonically an improvement over klipsch and more open with more balanced bass and controlled highs.
I could have lived with that, but i dont know why i thought, lets see if i can put etymotic tips on these, and Voila!! Boom!! cant ask for even better mids from VSD5, Seriously balanced, those long canal is keeping things under a nice limit, and man, stage is bigger, Sonically its beautiful.

If one of my friend here has these ety tips and would like some more balance, go on, try it.

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #761 of 1,164
So I don't own these, but just a comment on durability of vsonic items. I was looking at this thread to see how the vsd5 have held up after a while.  I have the GR07be and the left side no longer works, which I believe is because of the plug. Also the adjustable nozzle on the right IEM is wonky and isn't as stiff as it needs to be anymore, it moves around and was difficult to make a seal after that started happening. While this happened after probably close to a year and a half, that realistically isn't that long. At some point ill fix the gr07be.

Fortunately,  I bought a pair of vs3s to try out when they were released. However, after a couple weeks of using the vsd3s(detachable cable) the left unit stop functioning, seemingly the unit itself broke and not the cable. While LMUE happily replaced them, and with a pair that did not have detachable cables, I went from believing the quality of vsonic products were pretty good, to being weary of buying another vsonic product.

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #762 of 1,164
So I don't own these, but just a comment on durability of vsonic items. I was looking at this thread to see how the vsd5 have held up after a while.  I have the GR07be and the left side no longer works, which I believe is because of the plug. Also the adjustable nozzle on the right IEM is wonky and isn't as stiff as it needs to be anymore, it moves around and was difficult to make a seal after that started happening. While this happened after probably close to a year and a half, that realistically isn't that long. At some point ill fix the gr07be.

Fortunately,  I bought a pair of vs3s to try out when they were released. However, after a couple weeks of using the vsd3s(detachable cable) the left unit stop functioning, seemingly the unit itself broke and not the cable. While LMUE happily replaced them, and with a pair that did not have detachable cables, I went from believing the quality of vsonic products were pretty good, to being weary of buying another vsonic product.

VSD5 too is not that good when it comes to build quality, i will give it 5/10.

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #763 of 1,164

VSD5 too is not that good when it comes to build quality, i will give it 5/10.

dangg that's low!
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back