VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Aug 16, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #961 of 1,164
  Was wondering if that treble peak is really that bright for the VSD5? I am considering it but I don't know how it compares to something like my JH13. I just want a cheap universal to compliment it...

No, not much peaky, its there but not bothering.

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #962 of 1,164
  Was wondering if that treble peak is really that bright for the VSD5? I am considering it but I don't know how it compares to something like my JH13. I just want a cheap universal to compliment it...

problematic? maybe... it was at first for me, I had to go for a small eartip

normally the medium green sony hybrids fit me effortlessly, for example on the vsd3s (I had used the m sony hybrids for a while, and currently still using that same eartip for my gr07be) but for the vsd5 I had to go smaller (the orange sony hybrids) (or the small rha dual density eartips) even though the housing is eerily similar to the vsd3s.

once they go a bit deeper in my ears that seemingly overly peak treble diminished, its still present, but to my ears its in the mid to upper treble. (which can sibilance for some people, that will vary)

still the vsd5 ends well on both ends, and is quite impressive sonically in this price range (which seems to be more and more competitive each passing day)

the build quality needs work though, and I would've liked more colour variations (that translucent tinted colour doesn't jive with me)

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #963 of 1,164
Friend's vsd5 broke near the plug so first attempted to solder a new plug however wasn't getting anything from the left signal wire so that means that wire has been damaged. I kept snipping off more of the cable but still no sound and gave up because i will remove a considerable amount before I remove off the damaged wire and get a signal. Eventually I gave up and decided to throw in mmcx connectors to make them removable cable like the vsd3.

tldr: Cable broke, converted to mmcx removable cable design 

fancy cable attached 

I noticed with the stock Shure cable the treble peak is smoothed out a bit, will need more testing 

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #964 of 1,164
Hi all,

Received my VSD5 just 28 HOURS after put my order on LendMeUrEars Singapore, thumbs up for LendMeUrEars and DHL Express. Getting one of the last VSD5s out there perhaps?? (it says 5639/6000)

I purchased the VSD5 mainly because after roughly a year my HAVI B3 Pro 1 left monitor died due to internal cabling, and I'm no electrician to repair that :frowning2:

Havi's cables are extremely heavy IMO (heaviest among the IEM cables I had), took it for a run 1-2 times a week plus commuting to work everyday. Probably that's the main reason of it snapping internally.

Previous IEMs are Westone UM1, Audeo Phonak PFE 122, Shure SE215 Blue, VSonic GR07 Mk2, Havi B3 Pro I.

I won't call myself an audiophile, probably just music lover who would like to give my opinion here.

I'll compare the VSD5 to my 2 recent earphones which is GR07 and the B3.

Fit: Personally I love the VSD5 out of the other two!! Yes GR07 has the adjustable nozzle, but this one fits perfectly straight out of the box and doesn't move a lot (just like the SE215). I don't even need the ear guides. So I rank this #1, GR07 #2, and Havi #3 in terms of fit.

High and mids: The detail is there, nothing I expected out of a sub $100 earphones. I'd say the detail on the highs and mids are somewhat close to the GR07 Mk2 which is twice the price. Cymbal sounds are bright and crisp; female vocals are clear.

Lows: This one stands out of the 3, with the rumbling bass there, not punchy and not too lacking as in the GR07 (everyone complained about that I reckon). I listen to Post/Math rock, Jazz, Fusion, and instruments kind of thing; the amount of bass is enough for me.

Soundstage: I'd say the VSD5 is more like a neutral studio like soundstage, not as wide as the Havi B3 and GR07s. Although I do expect a wider auditorium-like soundstage :frowning2:

Yep that's it for my brief review, hope it doesn't confuse u guys..

Feel free to comment or ask :D

Aug 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #966 of 1,164
  i'm considering to buy those or the TTPOD T2... but i'm concerned with the build quality...

T2 is not going to be the best if you want top end extension, and awesome if you want crispy and clear mid. VSD5 has some build issues, T2 doesn't. But VSD5 on a whole has BETTER sound quality, stage and imaging with better both end extension.

If you can take care of the VSD5, it is a fabulous sounding earphone.

Aug 27, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #967 of 1,164

T2 is not going to be the best if you want top end extension, and awesome if you want crispy and clear mid. VSD5 has some build issues, T2 doesn't. But VSD5 on a whole has BETTER sound quality, stage and imaging with better both end extension.

If you can take care of the VSD5, it is a fabulous sounding earphone.

thank you! VSD5 is cheaper also....

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #969 of 1,164
i'm considering to buy those or the TTPOD T2... but i'm concerned with the build quality...

Dude, with that nick you should get The Duke :wink:

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #970 of 1,164
Funny that you guys mention T2 vs the VSD5. Last week I ended up buying the T2's over the vsonics. I liked them but one of the housings already split in half!! So it's getting sent back today and I ordered a set of VSD5's. I will let you know how they compare.

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #971 of 1,164
  Funny that you guys mention T2 vs the VSD5. Last week I ended up buying the T2's over the vsonics. I liked them but one of the housings already split in half!! So it's getting sent back today and I ordered a set of VSD5's. I will let you know how they compare.

Nothing funny about it, you should have had asked.

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #972 of 1,164
Holy crap. Talk about fast shipping!

Currently listening. Compared to the T2's, there is so much more clarity! Separation is better and there is no congestion or muddiness. Soundstage is fairly large! Isolation is awesome too. Surprising that a single BA sounds better than a triple driver hybrid.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #973 of 1,164
Holy crap. Talk about fast shipping!

Currently listening. Compared to the T2's, there is so much more clarity! Separation is better and there is no congestion or muddiness. Soundstage is fairly large! Isolation is awesome too. Surprising that a single BA sounds better than a triple driver hybrid.

Nice but it's not a BA :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back