VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Jan 21, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #275 of 1,164
Compared to the GR07 BE these VSD5'sn lack some of the former flagship's organic texture and depth but is pretty close. These are mo' 3D fo' sho.  

Same thoughts GR07 more neutral, natural, organic and smooth compared to vsd5
VSD5 has more air, crisp highs can be splashy at some times and if recordings are bad you cant use VSD5.
Soundstage might be same width but yes VSD5 is 3D has nice depth and height
VSD5 bass digs deep has nice rumble and very well textured but still fast like GR07.

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #277 of 1,164
VSD5 has more air, crisp highs can be splashy at some times and if recordings are bad you cant use VSD5.
VSD5 bass digs deep has nice rumble and very well textured but still fast like GR07.

Splashy highs after burn in?

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #278 of 1,164

^
yeppp pretty much what i am hearing as of now as well. If burn-in changes/refines them more then these are gonna be SUPERBLY SWEET!!!

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #280 of 1,164
Splashy highs after burn in?

I have about 40hrs on mine. Still not 100hrs recommended by Vsonic.
VSD5 are grado versions of IEM
biggrin.gif
extreme details but can be .....

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #281 of 1,164

I have about 40hrs on mine. Still not 100hrs recommended by Vsonic.
VSD5 are grado versions of IEM
biggrin.gif
extreme details but can be .....

^
Nah if you think these are harsh/bright/hot at tymes you have no idea what JVC/ATH typical tuning can sound. Now those can be crazy fatiguing/sibilant esp. with the older models. They seems to have improved quite some in recent releases but still it can get annoying. The ATH CKR9's upper peaky mids more troublesome for me than these VSD5's. 

These VSD5's really remind me of the Sony H3's for some reason minus their super detailed BA tweeters for the treble, and slightly less bold/BIG staging of the H3's. Sounds kinda like a more bright/ slightly less refined version of the Sony's esp. in the treble.

The H3's are no doubt warmer and smoother from top to bottom with better control/refinement. But darn it are they damn close in technical capabilities/ presentation.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #282 of 1,164
It is on the cool and bright side but wouldn't really call it harsh - maybe a bit edgy depending on your source. Gr07's still hotter in the lower treble and a bit more aggressive in this area.

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #284 of 1,164
 Man you are unlucky lol
GR07 vs VSD5 comparison? What do you prefer? Which IEM has more 'musicality' in your opinion?

I've only A/Bed them a bit, but as far as the obvious stuff goes, VSD5 wins in the soundstage department pretty easily. IMO. Wide, tall, deep, and with more forward projection. VSD5 is drier in the mids and cooler and brighter sounding overall, that's a preferential thing though. I might end up preferring the VSD5 even if it loses out in say, timbre(which I think it will). It's good.

It's also pretty good for metal it seems, which the EX1000 was not, so that's nice. Drums kick ass on these.

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #285 of 1,164
Took a brief pre-burn listen last night out of my old Rockbox-ed iRiver IHP-140.

1. Didn't seem overly bright to me. This was after listening to CustomArt demo kit - various BA CIEM demos. YMMV.

2. Bass was quite present when needed but wasn't omnipresent, which is my preference. Bass could be tighter. For burn-in believers - burn-in might help with this. This area is a definite upgrade over VSD3 series to my ears.

3. Imaging was much more 3D than VSD3 series - and very good for the price range in my experience!

So far, enjoying these more than VSD3 series. VSD5 is definitely a cooler sound compared to the VSD3 series warmer, thicker sound. Will put these in the burner today and check back in later. That's it for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back