VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Nov 16, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #1,246 of 2,003

^ Another victim.
evil_smiley.gif

No wait it's just WAYNE he doesn't count.
tongue.gif

Happy not to count in the world of cardboard! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #1,248 of 2,003
Almost mine had complete 97 hrs of burn-in and there's a very slight change in the overall SQ against out of the box.......head-stage,mids are still opening up,highs are controlled..Another 100 hrs is what I think it still needs to further enhance for it's full potential.....kinda shy IEM. The cable is very thin and extra care is a must while handling these babies.

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #1,249 of 2,003
Only 120 vsd9's? That's just silly.

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #1,250 of 2,003
Hmmm, hey you know what folks if you have the sony hybrid tips try them on these VSD1 LEs.

It really give them a more full sound but is able to keep most of the great traits of the stock tips. Stock tips still sounds the best but with the hybrids these sound even more exciting due to the increase of body and bass, yet they somehow sound a bit more airy as well???
blink.gif

Gonna try other tips that i have for my other iems to see what's up. These not only take EQ/AMPing like a champ, but tip rolling as well. NICE!!!

VSD1 LE 2.0???
popcorn.gif

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #1,251 of 2,003
FOUND IT!!! VSD1 LE 2.0 boi!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
evil_smiley.gif

On man i knew that something between the size of those MH1C/Sony Hybrid tip and the stock VSonic black tips would be perfect. The Philips SHE9700 smallest size tip is PERFECTION!!!

The bore is as wide/ slightly wider than than the stock VSonic stock black tips but it a little bit fatter in size. These are MILKING that sub bass of these LEs like no ones business. WOW!!!

Dat SLAM/ PUNCH/ SOOOOOO MUCH DEEPER AND TIGHTER than the Sony tips. There is much more weight to the notes now, and it is of tight quality not the boomy/ bloated variant when i tried it with the Sony MH1C tips.

This sound is EXPLOSIVE boi!!!

TYME TO BUST OUT DAT PSY BOOM!!! O.O
... best i have heard these VSD1 LE PERIOD, even during mid-way burn-in these didn't sound as full/ controlled/ deep/ textured/explosive.

... the medium size one i normally use the bottom bore is too wide and falls off the nozzle of these VSD1 LE too easily, BUT i was surprised that the smallest sets has a smaller bottom bore and fit perfectly on the nozzle of these LEs.

... the smallest tips are very similar to the VSD1 stock black tips in size as you can see. Plus these Philips SHE9700s sound freaken great as well. WIN WIN!!! The 9700s was on sale @ amazon for as low as $3.50 used Like-New before. LMAO Should have stock up more. haha

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #1,252 of 2,003
My LEs still don't hang on my ears well enough for me to walk without adjusting them a lot.

But I am pleased to note that my all-time favorite tips fit the nozzle: the double-flange Klipsch tips. These oval tips rarely fit other than Klipsch models.

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #1,253 of 2,003
  My LEs still don't hang on my ears well enough for me to walk without adjusting them a lot.

But I am pleased to note that my all-time favorite tips fit the nozzle: the double-flange Klipsch tips. These oval tips rarely fit other than Klipsch models.

Pics of how you are wearing them might help cuz these can be worn straight down or over ears. They are EXTREMELY easy for me to insert/ wear and is crazy low profile. One of the best fitting iems i have came across surprisingly, that was the reason why i went for these LEs as well cuz i liked the fit of the regular VSD1 so much. Even my gr07 BEs is not as comfy cuz it is over ears which can make taking on and off a pain in the arse.

But our ears are all different so.....

edit: so on that note go tip roll ya'll!!!  Tips that are as close to the original stock black tips will sound really good with these LEs. Hey it doesn't hurt to try if you have other tips around. HAPPY ROLLING YA'LL!!!

These PHILIPS SHE9700 tips are TOPs for me. :)

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #1,254 of 2,003
VSD LE No.460 is here and burn-in for over 400 hrs~~

However, I DIY a little bit by replacing the original stock cable to 7N copper cable and reversed the L/R channel. 
Finally, L/R are on the correct side while worn over ears.=]

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #1,255 of 2,003
  the medium size one i normally use the bottom bore is too wide and falls off the nozzle of these VSD1 LE too easily, BUT i was surprised that the smallest sets has a smaller bottom bore and fit perfectly on the nozzle of these LEs.
the smallest tips are very similar to the VSD1 stock black tips in size as you can see. Plus these Philips SHE9700s sound freaken great as well. WIN WIN!!! The 9700s was on sale

@ amazon for as low as $3.50 used Like-New before. LMAO Should have stock up more. haha

Do you find that you get a proper seal with the smallest tips? I'm pretty sure that they would be too small for my ears, so it's a bummer that you say their medium sized tips don't fit

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #1,256 of 2,003
Well, I've been tip rolling like crazy and tried a ton of tips, so I already know my 2 favorites and its probably not a coincidence I liked them the best. I'll give you a tip (pun intended LOL) - check joker's gr07be review and his preferred tips.

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #1,257 of 2,003
  Well, I've been tip rolling like crazy and tried a ton of tips, so I already know my 2 favorites and its probably not a coincidence I liked them the best. I'll give you a tip (pun intended LOL) - check joker's gr07be review and his preferred tips.

So....

Nozzle Size: 4mm | Preferred tips: Stock single-flanges; MEElec A151 single-flanges

I've been using the light blue GR07BE tips on my VSD1LE's. Same as what you're referring to? I wouldn't be surprised, because I've been finding them to be possibly my favorites on the LE's sq-wise (and also comfort wise).

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,258 of 2,003
Joker just gave the VSD1S the top pick under $50.

http://theheadphonelist.com/holiday-buyers-guide-best-earphones-under-50/

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #1,259 of 2,003

So....

I've been using the light blue GR07BE tips on my VSD1LE's. Same as what you're referring to? I wouldn't be surprised, because I've been finding them to be possibly my favorites on the LE's sq-wise (and also comfort wise).

Not exactly. I've mixed a little bit my tips, so not super sure if these are the m6/s6 or a151's but anyway I don't see any difference (edit: actually, I think these are the m6/s6 ones and the a151's ones are with the smaller bore like the R1's tips (or B2's ?) - I should have organized my tips better coz now I'm not always sure which tips I'm using but I'm 99% sure these are the m6/s6's tips)

These are the small ones - the medium are around the same size as the blue vsonic ones. The blue ones are a bit higher and more rounded but technically the meelec tips give me better fit because the stems of the vsonic tips are shorter and the tips sit lower on the nozzle. Actually, even compared to the longer stock vsonic tips the difference in the insertion is like 1mm because of the longer meelec stem. It's obvious that the meelec tips have wider bore more in line with the old vsonic tips with colored stems (the new colored on the outside have slightly narrower bore). It's also clear that the meelec tips don't have that flat top of the tip reminiscent of the sony hybrids.

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,260 of 2,003
I use the light blue tip on my gr07be (perfect fit), and the pre-installed stock tip on my VSD1. I tried several Sony hybrid tips and none of them really give me a good seal on the VSD1. The light blue tip on the VSD1 is big for my ears for some reason, I guess because of the VSD1's thicker design so it keeps falling of my ears . And I found it sounds better using the stock tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back