VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Nov 2, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #1,097 of 2,003

Snagged one! 
beerchug.gif

bigbargainonline? how much?

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #1,099 of 2,003
  Yeah, it's totally worth it. I would pick the le any day instead of it

pulled my trigger. gave a shot from pennaudio.com, Wai Ming's another bu. let me see how much hype LE is upto....
wink.gif

ty kova4a. +1 shot for you, top of my today's....
beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #1,100 of 2,003
  pulled my trigger. gave a shot from pennaudio.com, Wai Ming's another bu. let me see how much hype LE is upto....
wink.gif

ty kova4a. +1 shot for you, top of my today's....
beerchug.gif

Ah, glad I was of help even if I don't remember it. I got so wasted yesterday than I have almost no memories but thankfully I've been writing on my phone and posting on head-fi with it is so messed up that I haven't been rambling too much.

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #1,101 of 2,003
All I know is i can't wait to get my pair of vsd1le's. I'm still new to the head-fi world so just to play around I got both the vsd1's and vsd1s's to compare and I can defiantly say I hear a difference after 100+ hrs of burn in. I can't wait to hear the Le's because my ears are confused. So far I prefer the vsd1's to the 1s's. I find them both to be for lac of a better term muddy.  Its how they extend into the different frequencies. The vsd1's sound great on the low and high end but the mids seem to get distorted or "muddy" as I said. It seems to be the opposite with the vsd1s's. The mids sound great but the lows and highs sound "muddy". Again I don't know the terms but its something about how they extend into the other frequency ranges. 

Vsd1, low to mid, high to mid bad. Lows and highs overall good. Mids bad
Vsd1s mid to low, mid to high bad. MIds overall good. Lows and highs bad.

I've tried these on multiple sources and that's[size=x-small] what my ears hear. I'd love to see what other experienced head-fiers make of my experience or just make sense of what I'm hearing.  [/size]

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,102 of 2,003
  Well, my guess is that all will be sold in a day or two. You know what they say - it's better to regret something you have done than regret something you haven't. If the limited edition is not very different from the VSD1 you can always keep the one you prefer and sell or gift the other - at least you'll know first-hand how it sounds instead of always wondering.

Words of wisdom right there ^^^

The LE have really amazed after the bass heavy burn in on high volume the last 3 nights. I have decided to gift the VSD1 to my nephew for his birthday. He is a fledgling Head-Fier with his first step being the Monoprice 8320 earlier this year. I think he will enjoy the VSD1.

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,103 of 2,003
What about the fit of these VSD1 models?
I prefer small and light in weight -- would you describe the VSD1s that way?
(Please don't tell me that all the different versions fit differently.)

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #1,104 of 2,003
  What about the fit of these VSD1 models?
I prefer small and light in weight -- would you describe the VSD1s that way?
(Please don't tell me that all the different versions fit differently.)

They are small. They are light. They are quite flush. They can be worn hanging down or over the ear. All of the VSD1 variants have the same fit (unless someone corrects me on that note).

This is what I said in the discovery thread about them:

I was thinking of getting another VSD1 (or VSD1S) as a backup anyway. The thing that pushed me over the edge with them (apart from the super-nova hype that Sf is flinging, and the pretty good hype that kova4a is flinging), is that I really love their form factor. The VSD1's work perfectly for me for sleeping because they are rather flush and I can lie with my head on the side with them in. So I and I can't resist having potentially even better sound for falling asleep with. Other great things: they are also built rather well (they have taken a lot of abuse from me so far). They can be worn up or down. They are great for biking (low wind resistance). They are great for using under ear muffs when cutting the lawn etc. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #1,105 of 2,003
plomped for an LE from Penon Audio, excited especially since I quite liked the VSD1 and have owned the GR07mk1 before it died. May get a separate VSD1S later in the month too :D

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #1,107 of 2,003
Already did, anyone have any idea how many units were released?

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #1,109 of 2,003
No response yet though, expect the update to be in earliest tomorrow.. Will post here when i have more info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back