VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Oct 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #991 of 2,003
Well, I'm still not too worried as while I sometimes receive stuff in less than a week most of the time it's around 7-14 days and it still has been around 8 days, so hopefully it will be shipped soon and I'll receive it the beginning of next week. I think you just got lucky to get it in 6 days coz there were other people here who also ordered it before you and still haven't reported back.
And yeah, the SE is the Limited edition - just headphoniaks called it Special Edition thus SE. In China people call it VSD1 LM but I've been referring to it as LE from the beginning coz Vsonic's CEO abbreviated it VSD1LE in his posts.

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #993 of 2,003
Mine are on the way
biggrin.gif

Well, with my luck even though I purchased the first LE from bigbargainonline I'll probably receive mine last.

edit: Actually, just checked the tracking and it seems the package has left Hong Kong for its destination today. A bit slow but I won't complain coz it could have been way worse. Of course with the weekend coming I doubt the customs will clear it until Monday.

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #996 of 2,003
Hmmm....... these VSD1 LEs are a bit tricky.

From my initial listen on my 5th gen ipod classic what stood out was the bigger/ fuller/ bolder sound. More out of head experience if you will. There was also more emphasis on the bass end as well, though it's of the "rounder", not tighter/ deeper variant. So I was like nice there seems to be some added clarity and that nothing feels lacking although the bass end needs to tighten up in order to sound more right that's for sure.

Then after dinner i took a listen to them again and realized that the EQ on my ipod was set on "Jazz" preset, which had boosted the bass end as well as the treble as depicted below:
.. ...one of these preset things but you get the idea.

After i set EQ back to "Flat" these VSD1 LE sounded kinda a bit lackluster and boring esp. in the treble regions after i relistened to the same albums i had earlier.  So i was like this is interesting, and proceeded test drive these VSD1 LEs with my tried and true tracks for bass/mids/treble forwardness/quantity/ quality/ texture, etc. Lo and behold the treble of these VSD1 LE are indeed more rolled off than the VSD1 Classic and the gr07 BEs. As i have already mentioned the bass end sounds more "round" as in softer and less textured compared to the others as well. Although forwardness/ lushness of the mids seems to be the same on all of them.

I was kinda taken back a bit by this cuz to me the VSD1 Classics sounded closer to the gr07 BEs in sonic presentation and capabilities than these VSD1 LEs. These VSD1 LEs still have VSonic's house sound no doubt but deviates from the sound of the gr07 BEs more compared to the VSD1 Classics.

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/63/100x100px-LS-6333cfb7_xba4ip.jpeg[/img]
  1. esteebin
  2. badge_100.v1509773630.png

I hope it doesn't get to that.

I just can't wait to see what more experienced reviewers have to say about the LE. I am comparing the LE with the GR07BE and it's really hard to tell the two apart. Almost 95% of the GR07BE sound.

Drivers66 also mentioned:

I use them every day, and for me they still are an amazing bargain. I've compared them with the GR07 face to face,, and, may be the GR07 is a bit more precise (you have to look for subtle details to notice the differences) and equilibrated. Bass notes have more impact in the VSD1 SE (but may be with a bit less extension) and treble is a bit softer and darker than in GR07, SE is also less sibilant (as treble is not as present as in GR07). For me, i still prefer the slight coloration of the LE than the additional precision of the GR07.

I agree, but I prefer the GR07BE because of the over ear configuration and the slightly beefier cable/construction. Maybe drivers66 has the MK2? Since they mentioned the VSD1 SE (LE?) bass has more impact and treble is slightly less.

Wow daddy Vsonic can tune them!

^ The highlighted above of "Driver66"s impressions is aligned with my initial impressions it seems. Though when i hooked these VSD1 LEs into my portable Venturecraft amp/dac they scales better and responds better to EQ than the VSD1 Classics due to their more neutral/ polite tuning/ sound signature??? When i set my ipods EQ to the "Jazz" preset these VSD1 LEs really comes out to play and sounds more alive, clearer/ fuller than my VSD1 Classics, but my gr07 BEs still have more texture and extension compared to both of these VSD1 variants. Un-EQed/ un-amped i prefer the VSD1 Classics over the VSD1 LE at this stage, but when amped and EQed the VSD1 LEs has a slight edge. For me the gr07 BEs still reign supreme sadly. 

I was hoping these VSD1 LEs would sound vastly different from all of VSonic's previous offers as it was supposedly tuned by the father of the CEO to sound like their up coming VSD7s, but sadly this is not what i am hearing from my initial listening sessions. I am not really digging the less extended polite treble as well as the rounder/ softer bass texture tuning, but the overall fuller, more out of the head sound is a nice addition since it makes it sound a bit more 3D.

/initial impressions/ rant

edit: Lets see what burn-in does for these.
popcorn.gif

Fingers crossed but i ain't expecting miracles. haha
ph34r.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #997 of 2,003
  HE HE HE gonna add insult to injury, this is for you kova.
ksc75smile.gif

... VSD 467 boi!!!

Initial impressions to come....
ph34r.gif

So that was the last thing I saw before  falling asleep. You're quite the troll.

Hmmm....... these VSD1 LEs are a bit tricky.

From my initial listen on my 5th gen ipod classic what stood out was the bigger/ fuller/ bolder sound. More out of head experience if you will. There was also more emphasis on the bass end as well, though it's of the "rounder", not tighter/ deeper variant. So I was like nice there seems to be some added clarity and that nothing feels lacking although the bass end needs to tighten up in order to sound more right that's for sure.

Then after dinner i took a listen to them again and realized that the EQ on my ipod was set on "Jazz" preset, which had boosted the bass end as well as the treble as depicted below:
.. ...one of these preset things but you get the idea.

After i set EQ back to "Flat" these VSD1 LE sounded kinda a bit lackluster and boring esp. in the treble regions after i relistened to the same albums i had earlier.  So i was like this is interesting, and proceeded test drive these VSD1 LEs with my tried and true tracks for bass/mids/treble forwardness/quantity/ quality/ texture, etc. Lo and behold the treble of these VSD1 LE are indeed more rolled off than the VSD1 Classic and the gr07 BEs. As i have already mentioned the bass end sounds more "round" as in softer and less textured compared to the others as well. Although forwardness/ lushness of the mids seems to be the same on all of them.

I was kinda taken back a bit by this cuz to me the VSD1 Classics sounded closer to the gr07 BEs in sonic presentation and capabilities than these VSD1 LEs. These VSD1 LEs still have VSonic's house sound no doubt but deviates from the sound of the gr07 BEs more compared to the VSD1 Classics.

^ The highlighted above of "Driver66"s impressions is aligned with my initial impressions it seems. Though when i hooked these VSD1 LEs into my portable Venturecraft amp/dac they scales better and responds better to EQ than the VSD1 Classics due to their more neutral/ polite tuning/ sound signature??? When i set my ipods EQ to the "Jazz" preset these VSD1 LEs really comes out to play and sounds more alive, clearer/ fuller than my VSD1 Classics, but my gr07 BEs still have more texture and extension compared to both of these VSD1 variants. Un-EQed/ un-amped i prefer the VSD1 Classics over the VSD1 LE at this stage, but when amped and EQed the VSD1 LEs has a slight edge. For me the gr07 BEs still reign supreme sadly. 

I was hoping these VSD1 LEs would sound vastly different from all of VSonic's previous offers as it was supposedly tuned by the father of the CEO to sound like their up coming VSD7s, but sadly this is not what i am hearing from my initial listening sessions. I am not really digging the less extended polite treble as well as the rounder/ softer bass texture tuning, but the overall fuller, more out of the head sound is a nice addition since it makes it sound a bit more 3D.

/initial impressions/ rant

edit: Lets see what burn-in does for these.
popcorn.gif

Fingers crossed but i ain't expecting miracles. haha
ph34r.gif

And then I wake up and see this and I sense the disappointment in your words and I've got to say - serves you right 
biggrin.gif

I guess in a way I'm happy that you're not very happy with the purchase you made based on my lies and made-up stories.

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #998 of 2,003
  So that was the last thing I saw before  falling asleep. You're quite the troll.

And then I wake up and see this and I sense the disappointment in your words and I've got to say - serves you right 
biggrin.gif

I guess in a way I'm happy that you're not very happy with the purchase you made based on my lies and made-up stories.

^ THIS CYCLOPS GIF IS GODLY!!! <333s

Damn kova you upping your troll game, nice nice. You'll be at my level soon enough.

Anywho yeah was kinda disappointed by their sound tbh, maybe this is the VSD1 Old Man version cuz ya' know tuned by the CEO's Old Man for that Old Man sound. : P

Pretty fitting. LoL

Anywho 2X but wait.... you still have to wait for a while before you can even get the disappointment. hoho G.G

Anywho X3 Cyclops says ha! <3s
... blow me.
evil_smiley.gif

edit: IT'S TYME!!!

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #999 of 2,003
  edit: IT'S TYME!!!

I don't know what you're talking about? So far you're the only one who's been disappointed and due to your Master Troll title you have close to zero credibility 
biggrin.gif
. So for now just put that box or bag of yours on your head

and you should consider yourself lucky coz you have more time before I receive mine and start bashing on your opinion. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,000 of 2,003
  I don't know what you're talking about? So far you're the only one who's been disappointed and due to your Master Troll title you have close to zero credibility 
biggrin.gif
. So for now just put that box or bag of yours on your head

and you should consider yourself lucky coz you have more time before I receive mine and start bashing on your opinion. 

^ BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA DAT GIF <333s

Kova troll level OVA' 900000000000000000000000000000000!!!

Alright i'll let you have this one for now, boxed up and in the burners....

... but i'll soon unleash another box of worms if they aren't tasty even when burnt to a crisp. To be continued.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back