VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Oct 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #977 of 2,003
I always thought my vsd1s were mediocre till I paired it with my I basso dx50 and wow, anyone else used this with there DX50?

I certainly enjoy mine with the DX. Talk about soundstage. Right up there with TF10!

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #979 of 2,003
  Wow, this thread is massive now. Sorry OP (me) has failed to deliver updates; been out for awhile. Anything I should add/remove to OP?

^ i would have to give our drunken lawyer ALL the credit. Kova was a one man crusader for these VSD1/S. BRAVO BRAVO, my love for these VSD1s IS NOT WORTHY!!!

But i wouldn't mind if you added all my troll posts to the op OP.

Oct 21, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #980 of 2,003
Hello, Yesterday, i removed the metal grilles on my VSD1. The sound of trebles is  better now, clearer & smoother.

I used an hairpin to remove them.

I wasn't very happy with trebles before and was thinking to buy a better earphone.

This mod worth the while !

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #981 of 2,003
  Hello, Yesterday, i removed the metal grilles on my VSD1. The sound of trebles is  better now, clearer & smoother.

I used an hairpin to remove them.

I wasn't very happy with trebles before and was thinking to buy a better earphone.

This mod worth the while !

can i put the grills back on if i do that too?

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #982 of 2,003
Yes, it's possible. The grill is just held by this metal piece. Certainly more difficult to put back with a tweezer than to put off ...

I think that if you decide to remove the grills, you are aware that Vsd1 will need more precaution to avoid dust etc.

For my part, i'll never put grills back ...

Does someone share my feeling about this mod ?

[sorry for bad English i'm french :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #983 of 2,003
Does anyone know if VSonic no longer includes the foam tips?

A buddy of mine just received his VSD1s and the box was sealed and doesn't include the foam tips, only the black silicone tips...so I'm wondering if VSonic discontinued them.

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #984 of 2,003
  Does anyone know if VSonic no longer includes the foam tips?

A buddy of mine just received his VSD1s and the box was sealed and doesn't include the foam tips, only the black silicone tips...so I'm wondering if VSonic discontinued them.

I'm not sure. Vsonic never actually announces when they change the packaging or accessories and they do it fairly often. It was mentioned that the foam tips might be removed in the future, so I guess it's possible that that's what happened. They aren't good anyway. It seems that Vsonic are working on improving their foam tips and supposedly release them next year also as a separate product - they seem to think the new tips will be able to match the likes of Comply. 
If they've removed the foam tips then it might be only in the latest batches, so it will probably depend on where you bought the VSD1 from coz there are probably sellers who still have stock of VSD1/VSD1S with the foam tips included.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #985 of 2,003
My VSD1 LE arrived today.

I have the VSD1 when it was released and the difference in packaging is the lack of the colorful foam tips.

Initial impression of the LE is that the sound is very balanced. Compared to the VSD1 with 200+ hours of burn in, the bass on the LE does not sound bloated as the regular. The highs are still energetic but not fatiguing. The 80 ohm impedance is noticeable: at similar volume levels, the LE has lower sound. I think the higher impedance does help in improving the sound signature/quality in that it helps control the speaker (i.e. prevents the highs from being too peaky and the bass from being too boomy).

These are initial impressions straight out of the box, so they have not been burned in yet. I am liking the LE sound if things don't change much.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #986 of 2,003
  I'm not sure. Vsonic never actually announces when they change the packaging or accessories and they do it fairly often. It was mentioned that the foam tips might be removed in the future, so I guess it's possible that that's what happened. They aren't good anyway. It seems that Vsonic are working on improving their foam tips and supposedly release them next year also as a separate product - they seem to think the new tips will be able to match the likes of Comply. 
If they've removed the foam tips then it might be only in the latest batches, so it will probably depend on where you bought the VSD1 from coz there are probably sellers who still have stock of VSD1/VSD1S with the foam tips included.

Thanks kova4a, it sounds like that's what happened, he probably got a newer batch and VSonic has discontinued them. I was thinking of getting a pair and am asking sellers in advance if there is a way to know, hopefully they'll let me know since the box doesn't reveal what's inside and I'm not sure if the writing on the box does either.

Either way, I'll be joining the VSD1/S goodness soon. I appreciate the clarification and everyone's impressions regarding the VSD1/S.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #987 of 2,003
  My VSD1 LE arrived today.

I have the VSD1 when it was released and the difference in packaging is the lack of the colorful foam tips.

Initial impression of the LE is that the sound is very balanced. Compared to the VSD1 with 200+ hours of burn in, the bass on the LE does not sound bloated as the regular. The highs are still energetic but not fatiguing. The 80 ohm impedance is noticeable: at similar volume levels, the LE has lower sound. I think the higher impedance does help in improving the sound signature/quality in that it helps control the speaker (i.e. prevents the highs from being too peaky and the bass from being too boomy).

These are initial impressions straight out of the box, so they have not been burned in yet. I am liking the LE sound if things don't change much.

Nice. Keep it burning and report if anything changes. It seems your package was one of the lucky ones that end up on top of the pile of packages in the post office and gets processed immediately. Mine is probably buried somewhere in this pile and new packages keep on piling on top of it coz even though I ordered it a couple of days before you it still hasn't left Hong Kong
confused_face_2.gif
, so I might wait quite some time before I receive mine 

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #988 of 2,003
  Nice. Keep it burning and report if anything changes. It seems your package was one of the lucky ones that end up on top of the pile of packages in the post office and gets processed immediately. Mine is probably buried somewhere in this pile and new packages keep on piling on top of it coz even though I ordered it a couple of days before you it still hasn't left Hong Kong
confused_face_2.gif
, so I might wait quite some time before I receive mine 

ebay package tracking had no information about the shipment, then was surprised it was in my mailbox. I bet it should be there within the next few days if not today.

The LE makes the VSD1 seem so dark in the bass department. I am curious as how the LE compares with the VSD1S, which I do not have. Those that like to crank their volume to ear-shattering levels may be disappointed. The volume difference between the VSD1 and LE is about 2-3 clicks on my iPod touch (5th gen)/iPhone 4S.

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #989 of 2,003

ebay package tracking had no information about the shipment, then was surprised it was in my mailbox. I bet it should be there within the next few days if not today.

The LE makes the VSD1 seem so dark in the bass department. I am curious as how the LE compares with the VSD1S, which I do not have. Those that like to crank their volume to ear-shattering levels may be disappointed. The volume difference between the VSD1 and LE is about 2-3 clicks on my iPod touch (5th gen)/iPhone 4S.

Well, mine has information and it's still being processed for shipping, so I guess I won't be receiving it this week. I just hope it does not turn into last year's vsonic VC02's fiasco - I don't know if they misplaced the package or someone at the post office was just auditioning it but it took 50 days for it to actually be dispatched while in the meantime people who ordered it weeks after me had already received theirs.
As far as the ear-shattering volume - there are amps for that, so it's not a problem

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #990 of 2,003
I hope it doesn't get to that.

I just can't wait to see what more experienced reviewers have to say about the LE. I am comparing the LE with the GR07BE and it's really hard to tell the two apart. Almost 95% of the GR07BE sound.

Drivers66 also mentioned:

I use them every day, and for me they still are an amazing bargain. I've compared them with the GR07 face to face,, and, may be the GR07 is a bit more precise (you have to look for subtle details to notice the differences) and equilibrated. Bass notes have more impact in the VSD1 SE (but may be with a bit less extension) and treble is a bit softer and darker than in GR07, SE is also less sibilant (as treble is not as present as in GR07). For me, i still prefer the slight coloration of the LE than the additional precision of the GR07.

I agree, but I prefer the GR07BE because of the over ear configuration and the slightly beefier cable/construction. Maybe drivers66 has the MK2? Since they mentioned the VSD1 SE (LE?) bass has more impact and treble is slightly less.

Wow daddy Vsonic can tune them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back