VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #586 of 2,003
I received my pair of VSD1S yesterday and did a quick listen and comparison with my pair of gr07 mk ii. The VSD1S is a real winner, at just $45 and free shipping from lendmeurears. Source used was my peachtree dacit -> uha-6s mkii OPA209.

On first listen, I felt that the VSD1S is a very balanced sounding IEM. Its mids were a little recessed and the treble was slightly higher than neutral though, compared to the my UERMs. Its soundstage and instrument seperation isn't anything to rave about, but that is typical of low-end entry IEMs. It sounded kind of closed in compared to the gr07, and especially the UERMs. Bass and treble extension was pretty good, and smooth throughout. I felt that the bass was just about right, similar to the gr07's bass but not as detailed or controlled. The treble was pretty even throughout unlike the gr07, with no serious treble spikes and very little sibilance, unless it was already in the track. 

I found that the stock default tips fit me very well, but I do wish that they could be worn over the ears rather than just hanging down. 

Overall, I think vsonic is pretty accurate when they say that the VSD1/1S retains 80% of the gr07's sound at only 1/3 the price.

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #587 of 2,003
Quote:
Overall, I think vsonic is pretty accurate when they say that the VSD1/1S retains 80% of the gr07's sound at only 1/3 the price.

Nah, they got it wrong. It's actually 1/4 of the price and in China it's even like 1/6, so the price to performance ration is even more impressive

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #588 of 2,003
Haha I think you're right about that. The price to performance is even more impressive than the re-400's imo.

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #589 of 2,003
Just got my VS1 today!!! yay yayy. Coincidentally, it was shipped from my hometown in Illinois too. Was really surprised.

Problem though... Can't tell if this is a defect to worry about or if you guys have the same issue. The left one seems to be poorly mounted. I tried nudging the tip but it doesn't move, so it's definitely adhered how it sits now. If you don't see it... the left nozzle is protruding out more and is angled to the right more. I can still get a perfect seal, the sound doesn't seem to be affected (listening right now). It's noticeable with the vsonic tips, but with my complys, it goes over that edge and hides the gap; so it's no big deal. 

What do you think I should do? What would YOU do? Just live it? Or contact lendmeurears for an exchange? 

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #591 of 2,003
Quote:
Just got my VS1 today!!! yay yayy. Coincidentally, it was shipped from my hometown in Illinois too. Was really surprised.

Problem though... Can't tell if this is a defect to worry about or if you guys have the same issue. The left one seems to be poorly mounted. I tried nudging the tip but it doesn't move, so it's definitely adhered how it sits now. If you don't see it... the left nozzle is protruding out more and is angled to the right more. I can still get a perfect seal, the sound doesn't seem to be affected (listening right now). It's noticeable with the vsonic tips, but with my complys, it goes over that edge and hides the gap; so it's no big deal. 

What do you think I should do? What would YOU do? Just live it? Or contact lendmeurears for an exchange? 

Honestly, from the pics it looks like the issue is with the right nozzle, not the left. The nozzles are supposed to be protruding as they need space to rotate. Does the right nozzle move? You can try applying more pressure to the left one to move it. I remember joker mentioned he used pliers to start moving the nozzles.

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #592 of 2,003
redface.gif

..... got it to move... playing around with it now. How bout that. 

Woops 
size]

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #596 of 2,003
Quote:
Wayne, you don't wanna know about the 1Plus2. I'm not happy that I accepted to audition. I'm likely to go bankrupt.

eek.gif

I don't even know why I was subscribed to that stupid thread. Then seeing that you have them for audition gave my cheap ass heart palpations. Please please PLEASE hate them!

Jul 20, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #598 of 2,003
After 24 hrs of burn.  Both 1 and 1S sound quite similar.  Vocals seem a little thicker on the 1.  Treble sounds more prominent on the 1 also.  More mid-bass punch on the 1.  Everything I hear is minimal in differences.  More burn is needed I think.  

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #600 of 2,003
So has anyone listened to both iems enough to be able to say which would be better for the stuff I listen to (ex: Yes, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Queen, Journey, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Queensryche, King Crimson, Rush, Nine Inch Nails, Primus, Soundgarden, Jane's Addiction, Alice in Chains)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back