VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 15, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #557 of 2,003
Sorry... Not gonna bite on the 50 dollar w4r competitor. Not even close.

Jul 16, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #560 of 2,003
VSD9 
will compete 
sennheiser 
IE800, akg 
K3003, the 
cost will be 550$ usa 

At that price it'll be a direct competitor to the RE-600. I'm more than happy for Hifiman and Vsonic to have a price / performance war :-D

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #561 of 2,003
   Just got my vsd1's.Out of the box they were okayish - nothing wow like.Got around 2 hours on them.I didn't get all the hype at first.But they slowly started growing on me.Hopefully they will turn into the buy-of-the-year iems after few more hours.They do metal/rock well but not wow like.For eg,they handle Opeth quite well but need more speed/crunch.In short they are great bang-for-buck.They are an upgrade over gr02be and Brainwavz m4.They are also versatile.They can be laidback and when wanted become in-your-face attack metal loving iems.They make me headbang in certain metal tracks which is quite a feat.I think like the gr02be,vsd1's need to grow on you until you start to appreciate them.My suggestion - buy them but have some patience.You wont be mindblown at first sight.Right now I cant say if these are worth more than their price but they are a nice upgrade over gr02be.
  Thanks all the Head'Fiers who helped me into taking the right decision of buying these especially - kova4a and waynes world.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #562 of 2,003
Did an impulse buy last night right before i went to bed. Read a couple pages on the thread and said screw it. Missed the $130 gr07 deal lendmeurears did earlier this year. Figured this would be a good compensation. Also a good daily beater, might have to hang up my r1 which I use everyday for commuting to work.

How are these with Edm and bass heavy music?

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #563 of 2,003
Quote:
Did an impulse buy last night right before i went to bed. Read a couple pages on the thread and said screw it. Missed the $130 gr07 deal lendmeurears did earlier this year. Figured this would be a good compensation. Also a good daily beater, might have to hang up my r1 which I use everyday for commuting to work.

I find these great for edm and bass heavy music. Huxley says he prefers these to his yamaha eph100's for trance which is saying alot about the vsd1. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #564 of 2,003

I haven't touched the R1s since i got these, I sometimes miss the hard bass drops but the mids are so much better on the vsd1. I use them for the same purpose with commuting. They are pretty good for hip hop and dubstep so far when i use my fiio rocky on the "bass" setting and with my gs3. It takes amping and eq pretty well. If these are 80% of the gr07 im pretty curious on how much better those sound. Also the brainwavz r3 is around the corner too!

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #565 of 2,003
I'm really starting to dislike that these aren't over the ear phones. I much prefer to wear them up, but it reverses the channels. They also don't isolate as much cable down, which is one of the reasons I got them (I'm going on a long international flight soon).

But they sound great 
angry_face.gif

Anyone want to trade for something of equal value that isolates more and can be worn over the ear?

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #567 of 2,003
Eke, afaic they are meant to be worn over ear. Screw up on their part to get the channels wrong. Too bad your source can't channel swap.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #568 of 2,003
Quote:
Eke, afaic they are meant to be worn over ear. Screw up on their part to get the channels wrong. Too bad your source can't channel swap.

Nah, if they wanted to make them for over-the-ear use they would have done it at least with the VSD1S, which were released later. I'm pretty sure they know what they wanted with the vsd1's design. I doubt someone messed up at the factory and vsonic's ceo was like "oh, no problem - we'll just make all of the batches with reversed channels now." While a do agree that these are great when worn over the ear I still get a pretty comfortable fit with good seal with the cable down.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #569 of 2,003
Hi! Are these good sub $50-$100 beaters for the music I listen to(see other posts)? They well built? Any other budget iems that you would recommend for my tastes? A quick reply would be nice(sorry if that's a bit rude)

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #570 of 2,003
Quote:
Hi! Are these good sub $50-$100 beaters for the music I listen to(see other posts)? They well built? Any other budget iems that you would recommend for my tastes? A quick reply would be nice(sorry if that's a bit rude)

Yeah, the VSD1 is pretty good with that rock and metal. They are pretty well built for the price. I should probably receive my VSD1S next week to compare the two but for now as I've only heard vsd1 I can only recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back