VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jun 30, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #451 of 2,003
Quote:

Those stupid foam tips are dead to me!

Quote:
I found no use for any of the stock tips,

Give/sell them to me :3 I'll happily take them off your hands!

On another note, I had the chance to audition these today. They sound great especially for the price point. Compared to the GR07mkII which are my daily, I find that the VSD1's have a tad more bass quantity but does not have the same extension as the 07's. The sibilance other are talking about, I didn't find it, but these were burned in 150+hours so.... These are also a bit slow compared to the mkII's as well. I feel that these are 07's on restraints, but it still performs extremely well.

Jul 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #453 of 2,003
Quote:
How would you guys rank these iems in terms of clarity,detail and sparkle? vsd1, ckn70, bassos, eph100, mh1

My guess: eph100>ckn70>bassos>vsd1>mh1

Lol, that just looks like its ranked by price. :p

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #456 of 2,003
Quote:
Here is the chinese vsd1s review:
http://elverdis.blogspot.com/2013/06/vsonic-vsd1s-part-ii.html

Lol - that's a challenging read when chrome translated to English!

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #458 of 2,003
Quote:
Here is the chinese vsd1s review:
http://elverdis.blogspot.com/2013/06/vsonic-vsd1s-part-ii.html

LOL I just read it and my brain is tired. It's really hard to understand the chrome translation. Anyway, I might have to get it eventually to hear the difference myself. I'm still really impressed with the VSD1. It's either me going crazy or it's burn-in or mental burn-in but the bass seems to be more tame now and the mids more neutral. I actually went back to the stock tips as with the sony mh1c's tips it started to sound a bit to smooth to me. Still very smooth and non-fatiguing and nice for just sitting back and enjoying some good music. Again it's really impressive what you can get for 40 buck these days.

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #459 of 2,003
Quote:
LOL I just read it and my brain is tired. It's really hard to understand the chrome translation. Anyway, I might have to get it eventually to hear the difference myself. I'm still really impressed with the VSD1. It's either me going crazy or it's burn-in or mental burn-in but the bass seems to be more tame now and the mids more neutral. I actually went back to the stock tips as with the sony mh1c's tips it started to sound a bit to smooth to me. Still very smooth and non-fatiguing and nice for just sitting back and enjoying some good music. Again it's really impressive what you can get for 40 buck these days.

Yup. I'm as happy as hell with my VSD1's. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #460 of 2,003
Quote:

Yup. I'm as happy as hell with my VSD1's. 

Well, it is really good. I wouldn't mind a bit more energy in the lower treble but still very impressive - good bass, fairly neutral and flat mids and well extended non-fatiguing highs. It makes me think how just a couple of years ago the impressive thing in that price range was something like the soundmagic e30 when the vsd1 is so much better. I was reading a book for a few hours today and while being concentrated on the book there wasn't a single time the vsd1 distracted me from the whole experience. Usually I start concentrating on something in the sound that bothers me or distracts me from the book but this time there was nothing like that. No hissing, no peaky sounds - just smooth and relaxing bliss. And again I'm really impressed with its ability to not pick up hiss, which is really impressive for its sensitivity. The vsd1 is just a great overall performer. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #461 of 2,003
Quote:
Well, it is really good. I wouldn't mind a bit more energy in the lower treble but still very impressive - good bass, fairly neutral and flat mids and well extended non-fatiguing highs. It makes me think how just a couple of years ago the impressive thing in that price range was something like the soundmagic e30 when the vsd1 is so much better. I was reading a book for a few hours today and while being concentrated on the book there wasn't a single time the vsd1 distracted me from the whole experience. Usually I start concentrating on something in the sound that bothers me or distracts me from the book but this time there was nothing like that. No hissing, no peaky sounds - just smooth and relaxing bliss. And again I'm really impressed with its ability to not pick up hiss, which is really impressive for its sensitivity. The vsd1 is just a great overall performer. 

I was power washing the bottom of a boat today. It was hot and not completely fun work. But I had the VSD1's going under my earmuffs, and their great sound thankfully WAS distracting me, and made the day somewhat enjoyable. So cheers to the VSD1's!
beerchug.gif

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #465 of 2,003
Quote:

Any chance you could compare them to the e30's? (Even if only based on memory.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back