VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jun 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #288 of 2,003
So many options right now, do these better the ckn70 for trance?

Mine just came in. Been listening for the past hour. Totally different beast. Signature is different. Its fun and forward. Bass is thumpy but bloated out of box. The mids aren't at the CKN70s level, but still present and pleasant. The highs are tamed compared to the 70s but are a little harsh depending on the track.

This is fresh out of packaging, so we'll see after some burn-in.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #289 of 2,003
So many options right now, do these better the ckn70 for trance?

I'll be getting them this month at some point, hopefully.

If you want something good for trance then check out the Zero Audio Carbo IEMs.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #290 of 2,003
Quote:
I'll be getting them this month at some point, hopefully.

If you want something good for trance then check out the Zero Audio Carbo IEMs.

Dude your my go to guy now, you can spend your money so I dont have to lol. I have to ask are those carbos, better than the s500 in trance? Also are you talking about the tenores or the bassos?

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #291 of 2,003
Quote:
Mine just came in. Been listening for the past hour. Totally different beast. Signature is different. Its fun and forward. Bass is thumpy but bloated out of box. The mids aren't at the CKN70s level, but still present and pleasant. The highs are tamed compared to the 70s but are a little harsh depending on the track.

This is fresh out of packaging, so we'll see after some burn-in.

Which out of the ckn70 and vsd1 has a similar sound sig as the mh1c?

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #292 of 2,003
Quote:

Dude your my go to guy now, you can spend your money so I dont have to lol. I have to ask are those carbos, better than the s500 in trance? Also are you talking about the tenores or the bassos?

@Lifted probably meant either. He has the Tenores and loves them for trance. He knows that others such as myself have the Bassos and love them for trance.

The S500's and the Basso's are so different (being headphones and iems), that it's hard to compare. And I'm not the best to judge anyway, because my ears get a bit fatigued with the S500's after a while (I may dig them out and do a comparison though for my own interest).

So yeah, @Lifted is your man. Fwiw though, although I think the vsd1's are wonderful (and great for trance), I tend to gravitate towards the Bassos for trance because they have a larger/deeper soundstage, they sound airier and more layered, their treble is more refined and has more sparkle, they have less bass but more sub-bass and the bass seems a bit more refined (whereas the vsd1's bass is stronger and has more mid-bass, so you get more of a thumping bass with them, and the vsd1's mids are more forward). The vsd1's sound is more in your face and they demand your head bopping engagement, whereas with the bassos I tend to sit back and enjoy the more refined show. They both sound quite different, and they both sound very good, so it comes down to personal preference I think.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #293 of 2,003
Yep, I meant either one.

I have the Tenore and love them, @waynes has the Basso and loves them for trance. So far though no one has both, to compare. Think of it this way though, from what I read... with Basso you get more bass + thump but the highs are a little bit tamer while still remaining extended.

While Tenore have beautifully extended highs with wonderful resolution and sparkle.

So like @waynes said, it's totally up to you but you won't know until you try. They aren't exactly pricey IEMs either. So you can't really fail with either.

Let me tell you this as well though.

@Huxley has the VSD1 and he prefers them over the Yamaha EPH100 for trance. Now that's saying something.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #294 of 2,003
It looks like i will be getting the vsd1, wish I had got them before they ran out of stock on ebay. I think the vsd1 will be £32, the carbo bassos are nearly £90 on ebay. @lifted Andreas do your yammies get any listening time these days?

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #295 of 2,003
It looks like i will be getting the vsd1, wish I had got them before they ran out of stock on ebay. I think the vsd1 will be £32, the carbo bassos are nearly £90 on ebay. @lifted Andreas do your yammies get any listening time these days?

I advise you to buy the Zero Audio IEMs from Amazon Japan. The Tenores cost me £43 all in, and that's pretty amazing considering they are worth twice that in murr. :D

Oh and VSD1 you get cheaper if you buy form LendMeUREars directly.

Anyways, for me the Tenores beat my Yammies in a sense of what my perfect Trance sig is. Oh and no, my Yammies have not got any listening time since I got the Tenores. I'm even thinking about selling them lol

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #296 of 2,003
Just received my VSD1 from Peter Lai and all i can say is WOW! I commute by train everyday for an hour and my Brainwavz R1s inline microphone decided to fall apart on itself so i was in a scramble. The price point was just right at $40. I'm fairly rough with IEMs due to the commute and when i'm packed in like a sardine in the car i don't blame any IEM to wear down. 

I put on some T-400s for now and will try out the other earpieces when i get home today but here are my initial ideas.
Bass is just as R1s, but now i have my mids back! I can definitely hear the taps of the cymbals and the drums aren't so muddled listening to Modest Mouse - 3rd Planet. Listening to Kendrick Lamar - Money Trees for hip hop the vocals seem so much clearer but could use a tad bit more bass (but not as muddled as the tours) i'll have to mess with the EQ for hip hop. I had the R1s since October and they were an an "upgrade" to some beats tours that i had before. I can only imagine how good the GR07 BEs are. I hope the cable holds up on this one for a year since it seems a bit flimsier than what i'm used to. 

I do however miss the inline mic to control my phone's play/pause/skip though. Also i wear them over the ear so the LEFT/RIGHT switch is sorta annoying watching videos. I'll if i can play with the nozzles so i can keep them oriented the correct way.

I'll have to check out amazon for a third party remote. I'll be burning them in this week and report back after 40hrs.

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #297 of 2,003
i prefer vsd1s to vsd1

but there may something wrong with the informations of vsd1s
VSD1S Good for: Female voice(that's true), classical(exactly small compiled songs), symphonic(i don't think so), big convention(i don't think so).
VSD1S strength lies: Loud field(if compare with vsd1), high frequency resolution(true).

my vsd1s:

http://puu.sh/39l9K.JPG

beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #298 of 2,003
 HI ,I saw this article in a chinese headphone forum.Well ,vsd1 is good ,but I have seen some chinese players [size=small]considered that vsd1s is better than vsd1 .The bass of vsd1s is less than vsd1 ,but  enough ,and more than [/size]Aurvana Air .the sound field of 1s is more larger than GR07.female voice and high frequency
symphonic and big convention of 1s sounds like Aurvana Air ,but air can give you a  " Empty inspiration" when you sound female voice(this is some player's point).The CEO of vsonic said "vsd1/1s should have more than 200 houers burn-in , its diaphragm material is the same as HD800 "(sounds crazy),the bio-material sold 6000000RMB/t.(6000000RMB≈1millon$).But ,some palyers also said that 
1s can't paly 
symphonic and big convention well 
.(oh,we must know it sold only less than 50$  )

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #299 of 2,003
Quote:
 HI ,I saw this article in a chinese headphone forum.Well ,vsd1 is good ,but I have seen some chinese players [size=small]considered that vsd1s is better than vsd1 .The bass of vsd1s is less than vsd1 ,but  enough ,and more than [/size]Aurvana Air .the sound field of 1s is more larger than GR07.female voice and high frequency
symphonic and big convention of 1s sounds like Aurvana Air ,but air can give you a  " Empty inspiration" when you sound female voice(this is some player's point).The CEO of vsonic said "vsd1/1s should have more than 200 houers burn-in , its diaphragm material is the same as HD800 "(sounds crazy),the bio-material sold 6000000RMB/t.(6000000RMB≈1millon$).But ,some palyers also said that 
1s can't paly 
symphonic and big convention well 
.(oh,we must know it sold only less than 50$  )

EM................My English isn't well 
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back