VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jun 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #271 of 2,003
Quote:
Well, there's no thread called this way and the head-fi's search isn't the greatest but I think I linked the files recently. 

edit: http://www.head-fi.org/t/495812/a-tale-of-2-iems-montser-turbine-copper-1-vs-monster-turbine-copper-2-how-different-burnin-techniques-gave-me-two-unique-iems/165#post_8897730

Thanks. What's the difference between the brown noise file and the 'highs' oriented file? Is it to do with dweaver's theory that brown noise enhances bass clarity whereas 'highs' improve vocals etc?

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #272 of 2,003
Quote:
Thanks. What's the difference between the brown noise file and the 'highs' oriented file? Is it to do with dweaver's theory that brown noise enhances bass clarity whereas 'highs' improve vocals etc?

Well, the one with more brown noise has a bit more emphasis on working out the bass region and the one with more pink and white on the highs. But they both have worked pretty well for me.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #273 of 2,003
My website was hacked so I had to take it down. I won't promise anything but let me see if I can get them back up on a webpage to download again.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #274 of 2,003
Quote:
My website was hacked so I had to take it down. I won't promise anything but let me see if I can get them back up on a webpage to download again.

Awesome!

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #275 of 2,003
Quote:
Ok bud, you wanted a comparison you got one,

Had to be a quickie as summats killing the battery on my fuze, no idea if it's me not switching it off, or the battery is gone.

Ahem.....

Sauce will be my fuze/P4 warbler for both, Rocoo ba for the EPH100's and Colorfly C3 for the VSD1's

Tracks will be trance of course, Triple A - Winter stayed and Matt Darey - See The Sun Both decent remixes of course.

VSD1 - Forward, Engaging, Effects are more pronounced, and linger in your head for longer such as echoes etc
Bass hits deep and hard, tiny hint of bloat bit it's settled down, hopefully with more burn in it'll settle down some more.
Treble has more sparkle, for me it's bang on where i like it.
Vocals are great on these things, again forward but in the right way, forces you to pay attention and really enjoy listening.

EPH100 - Well you know these, More spatial but yet music doesn't linger, vocals a bit recessed but perfectly acceptable as you'd expect from the mids.
Bass is well balanced, the VSD1's can go too much with the bass, but the yammies are pretty reserved, also separation is better.

Which one do i love, it's close, the separation in the yammies is what i love about them, not to mention their laid back nature.
But if i had to choose, id say VSD1, they are just real nice to listen to, combined with that fit makes them a winning combo for me.

Now if you don't mind, im going to have a play with my HS3000 that's just arrived, just to see what the fuss is with this aptx codec.
popcorn.gif

You just chose them over $150 headphones.  Hype train officially full steam ahead!  Wondering how these would compare to my CKN70s  :)

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #276 of 2,003
You just chose them over $150 headphones.  Hype train officially full steam ahead!  Wondering how these would compare to my CKN70s  :)

I couldn't say, but it wouldn't surprise me if they gave them arun for the money.

I'm smitten, just a combination of the sound and for me a near perfect fit. And like the yamahas they're not fussy about their source.

You know what I never thought I'd find a better iem for me than the EPH100. But I'm happy to have been proven wrong.

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #277 of 2,003

As soon as customs stops holding mine hostage I'll post some comparisons.

Jun 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #278 of 2,003
Quote:
Hi,
did anyone had a chance to compare the VSD1 to the GR04FE ?
I've the GR04FE, but honestly I'm not a big fan of them. I actually prefer the MH1C and FX40 to the GR04FE.

I think kova4a has both of them. Did you had any chance to make a quick comparison between these 2 Vsonic models ?
Still thinking if I need to go for the VSD1 or not while they are still partially on offer @Lendmeurears, as I have TDK IE800, UE 200, Quadlon QX50 and JVC FX3X all on their way 
ksc75smile.gif
 , but I feel a bit sorry for my wallet.

Jun 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #279 of 2,003
Quote:
I think kova4a has both of them. Did you had any chance to make a quick comparison between these 2 Vsonic models ?
Still thinking if I need to go for the VSD1 or not while they are still partially on offer @Lendmeurears, as I have TDK IE800, UE 200, Quadlon QX50 and JVC FX3X all on their way 
ksc75smile.gif
 , but I feel a bit sorry for my wallet.

Yeah, I have both. I've been busy (drinking too much) since I got it and I haven't even began to swap tips, which will be the first thing to do. I'm thinking I might do that later tonight, so I will probably post impressions and comparison within the next couple of days.

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #280 of 2,003
I was choosing between gr04 and gr99 , and just new about VSD1 . Maybe you can advice me , which one better suits me .
I need IEM's that they would  comfortable while working out , low sound leakage ( dont want to disturb people in public transport), and Im listening mostly to classic rock music.
And one more question, if I buy from lendmeurears, and when ordering there's "Add Comments About Your Order" , can I ask them to write a litte lower price on package, so I shouldnt pay taxes :) ?

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #282 of 2,003
Quote:
I was choosing between gr04 and gr99 , and just new about VSD1 . Maybe you can advice me , which one better suits me .
I need IEM's that they would  comfortable while working out , low sound leakage ( dont want to disturb people in public transport), and Im listening mostly to classic rock music.
And one more question, if I buy from lendmeurears, and when ordering there's "Add Comments About Your Order" , can I ask them to write a litte lower price on package, so I shouldnt pay taxes :) ?

Definitely VSD1 in my opinion. Leakage is minimal (people on the bus definitely wont hear your music). They are very comfortable worn both over and down the ear, and do not fall out whilst exercising. The VSD1 can accommodate most genres pretty well; you will most likely be satisfied. With lendmeurears, it is best to contact them on facebook before buying if you want to negotiate on prices/shipping etc. (Note that you'll most likely fail in price negotiating though). You could also look on the previous few pages of this thread, there's a guy selling these for their introductory price ($37 USD) plus shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back