VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
May 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #151 of 2,003
^ Good stuff kova4a! Keep those impressions coming!

May 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #152 of 2,003
Quote:
^ Good stuff kova4a! Keep those impressions coming!

Well, I'll end with the impressions for now and let them burn-in. I'm too lazy to even swap tips now coz usually if the burn-in had effect I end up with different tips, so I won't rush things or overhype it now as most people like to do with good new products and as you can see I haven't written anything in the discovery thread. I do have to say that it's definitely a very good performer and a bang for buck for its MSRP

May 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #153 of 2,003
I'm glad I posted this thread as so many people seem to like them! 
smile_phones.gif

I just ordered the HifiMan RE-400 Waterlines's coming from the VSONIC GR02 BE's, however I'd love to see how the VSD1/VSD1's compare to $100+ IEMs. Regardless, these will be my next pair for workouts! 

EDIT: Any info you guys think I should add to OP, let me know!

May 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #154 of 2,003
Quote:
EDIT: Any info you guys think I should add to OP, let me know!

How about linking everyones views + impressions in the OP?

May 30, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #156 of 2,003
Okay I'm impressed and find these new iems from vsonic really very interesting.
Early impressions seems to make it be better than my budget vsonic iems (vc02,gr99,gr06).

Clarity wise, which is better? vc02 or vsd1/s?
Lastly, is it comfortable to wear? and how's the isolation? Hopefully it doesn't isolate as much as vc02.

Might be getting one for office use. Cheers!

May 30, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #157 of 2,003
I have a lot of spare time today, so I'll be giving the VSD1 a proper listen, so you can expect more fuel to be added to the hype train later today.

May 30, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #158 of 2,003
Quote:
I have a lot of spare time today, so I'll be giving the VSD1 a proper listen, so you can expect more fuel to be added to the hype train later today.

Nice one mate!

Can you listen to my latest mix with them and let me know how it sounds please :wink:

Download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xcuteb

May 30, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #159 of 2,003
Quote:

Nice one mate!

Can you listen to my latest mix with them and let me know how it sounds please :wink:

Download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xcuteb

Yeah, no problem - it's downloading a bit slow though, so it will take an hour till in finished and I can give it a go. And a small update - the bass really needed just a bit of work to get in line and I'm impressed

May 30, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #160 of 2,003
So far I have to say that if fans of bass worried about the bass of VSD1 - they shouldn't. IMO it's the bassiest of the whole sub-$100 bunch and I haven't heard the gr07BE but I guess the VSD1 will be more in line with it as it is bassier than gr07 mk2. It's got thickness and impact, which should make vsonic reconsider the Bass Edition moniker of the GR02BE. I don't think there'll be any disappointed bassheads. 

@Lifted
I gave your mix a listen and I have to say that the VSD1 might not be the best for this type of music. Something more treble happy will be better and maybe something with BA drivers, so the speed is better. Of course, I still haven't started tip rolling and playing with insertion depth, so again I won't rush to conclusions before that and before more burn-in but so far they the VSD1 is a bit bass-oriented and while the treble extends decently (more so than the gr04 flagship for instance) it's a bit laid back. As far as the mids I wouldn't call them forward. I don't have the gr07 anymore but by memory I'll have to say to say for sure but I don't think the VSD1's are more forward than it and if they are it is very slightly - nothing like the Gr04 flagship let alone the gr06. Now it's probably more in line with the mh1c but the bass is tighter and a bit faster - of course, it can't match with the speed and the impact of something like my a161p but that's already hard for other single BA drivers, so I wouldn't call it a drawback when a much cheaper dynamic driver can't match that

edit: Actually scratch what I said about its shortcomings as I'm obviously rushing my impressions, which I realized now coz I tried it with the meelec tri-flanges - different tips and depth insertion do come into play with the sound, so until I've checked it with all of the bags of tips I have I won't be telling the whole truth.

May 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #162 of 2,003
Quote:
Hey, sorry but what exactly is tip rolling? 

Swapping tips till you find the best ones for the particular iem. Most people just go for whatever size fits their ears from the tips included with the iem but on head-fi we know better coz there is a lot more to it than the size of the tip - the material, the wideness of the bore, single, double of triple flange etc. But building a good collection of tips takes time and usually takes a lot of iem purchases 
size]

May 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #164 of 2,003
Quote:
Hi kova4a, how is the instrument separation and soundstage?

Well, as I said I'm still testing different tips and their effect but the soundstage sounds decently wide. Positioning and separation are good too but I need more time to evaluate everything and I'm not dismissing the possibility that the soundstage could open up more after proper burn-in.  I'm just trying to be as objective as possible instead of overhyping it so early. 

May 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #165 of 2,003
@kova4a Thanks for your feedback, it seems I have made a right decision getting the DX200 instead. The micro drivers seem to be loving the fast and punchy sound. Speed is often a key in Trance music and it seems I have proven that a micro driver is best for it again.

Feel like my Yamaha EPH100 aren't gonna get much use anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back