VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Feb 7, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #1,726 of 2,003
So, besides the grill mod, has anyone else done any experimenting? Being my Om IEP is coming in today and I also have an extra pair I decided I am going to bit of experimenting with one of them to see if I cannot get them to sound a little better. Both pairs of VSD1(s) have been burned in sufficiently and will be going against each other. The first mod I'm going to do is actually adding a little cotton into the nozzle's because they're double vented (one vent under the grill and one all the way toward the end. I expect this only to muffle the bass, but a man can dream. Afterwards I am going to tape the vents and see what that does. I may even use a needle and make the vent closes to the nozzle slightly wider as a final experiment.

EDIT: Wut have I done D: The bass is anemic now, but everything is so clear now just from expanding the vent hole. I wonder what would happen if I put a piece of tape over it, hmmmm.... :D

EDITII: Okay, I used a kneaded eraser and wrapped it around the shell and truly enough the bass is back with more impact then before, but that clarity that I had a minute ago is gone. Time to experiment with some holes.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #1,727 of 2,003
So, besides the grill mod, has anyone else done any experimenting? Being my Om IEP is coming in today and I also have an extra pair I decided I am going to bit of experimenting with one of them to see if I cannot get them to sound a little better. Both pairs of VSD1(s) have been burned in sufficiently and will be going against each other. The first mod I'm going to do is actually adding a little cotton into the nozzle's because they're double vented (one vent under the grill and one all the way toward the end. I expect this only to muffle the bass, but a man can dream. Afterwards I am going to tape the vents and see what that does. I may even use a needle and make the vent closes to the nozzle slightly wider as a final experiment.

EDIT: Wut have I done D: The bass is anemic now, but everything is so clear now just from expanding the vent hole. I wonder what would happen if I put a piece of tape over it, hmmmm....
biggrin.gif

EDITII: Okay, I used a kneaded eraser and wrapped it around the shell and truly enough the bass is back with more impact then before, but that clarity that I had a minute ago is gone. Time to experiment with some holes.

none of these mods were done on the pair i just bought, right? lol

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #1,728 of 2,003

EDIT: Wut have I done D: The bass is anemic now, but everything is so clear now just from expanding the vent hole. I wonder what would happen if I put a piece of tape over it, hmmmm.... :D

none of these mods were done on the pair i just bought, right? lol

Nope, I have two pair as I stated in the sells description. The one you bought was the one that I used to check the original sound vs my modded pair.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #1,729 of 2,003
Nope, I have two pair as I stated in the sells description. The one you bought was the one that I used to check the original sound vs my modded pair.

the ad didnt say anything about it so I was just wondering

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #1,730 of 2,003

the ad didnt say anything about it so I was just wondering

Oh, I meant that it said "When I bought my pair I also got another pair..." I would never sell you something that had modifications. My experiments either get keep or thrown away. Don't worry mate :) Yours are just plan ol' VSD1's. I would suggest trying the vent mod as it is an easy fix if you don't like it.

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #1,731 of 2,003
Feb 7, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #1,732 of 2,003

Chuckle!

its a legitimate concern.  This is like the 4th time having the vsd1/vsd1s.  I always end up trading my set away to balance out a trade.  

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #1,733 of 2,003

its a legitimate concern.  This is like the 4th time having the vsd1/vsd1s.  I always end up trading my set away to balance out a trade.  

Ok. You had a "lol" at the end, so I thought you were joking. Hope you're able to hang onto them for a while this time :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #1,734 of 2,003
officially back in the club.

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #1,736 of 2,003
I'm officially out of this club with Teke getting my un-modded pair and my modded pair getting munched on and ripped apart by my cat.

Unsubbed :frowning2:

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #1,737 of 2,003
Feb 11, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #1,739 of 2,003

Users who are viewing this thread

Back