VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Dec 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #1,338 of 2,003

Im waiting for the VSD3. Anyone know how VSD1/S sounds compared to Yuin pk3? They're the only earphones I have besides apple earphones, lol.

Hmm.......Where did you order? taobao? pricing,ETA?

I don't think he meant it that way. He means that he is waiting for them to come out.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #1,339 of 2,003
I don't think he meant it that way. He means that he is waiting for them to come out.

yeah my bad........lot of things coming out from vsonic,fiio just like too many hands, got confused. thought vsonic launched in china first, over night, surprise pre-scheduled launch there.....for a moment after I read his.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #1,342 of 2,003
But I have my LE purchased lately, to benchmark with VSD3 / 5, as LEs are neutral and balanced
smile.gif
  Man,I'm telling you, if you get an opportunity and lucky enough to get one,just get it. You will be rewarded with kinda natural sound, no compromise.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #1,343 of 2,003
  But I have my LE purchased lately, to benchmark with VSD3 / 5, as LEs are neutral and balanced
smile.gif
  Man,I'm telling you, if you get an opportunity and lucky enough to get one,just get it. You will be rewarded with kinda natural sound, no compromise.

Will the VSD3/5s be that much better than the VSD1? I'm looking to buy new IEMs for <$100. I'm debating between the VSD1, AT-CKM500, and Shure SE215. Will the VSD3/5s trump all 3? 

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,344 of 2,003

Will the VSD3/5s be that much better than the VSD1? I'm looking to buy new IEMs for <$100. I'm debating between the VSD1, AT-CKM500, and Shure SE215. Will the VSD3/5s trump all 3? 

I'm not so sure it's going to be an upgrade? i think it's just a reshelling of the VSD1S and VSD1. It's placing the drivers of those into Shure like housings. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #1,345 of 2,003

Also, new info tweeted today. No more fit issues as the new models will be designed like the Westone and Shure shape:  [I know no big version photo with the VSD5 in that I could find. Anyone who finds one feel free to post it]

"Exposure】 【VSONIC heavy pushing new VSD3 & VSD5 front view] are around ear, where diamond irregular flat matte shell design, is amended several times in order to achieve an important measure to break the traditional home and abroad. D3 series and D5 are adopting this design. D3 for SE535 toward, D3S for W4R toward, D5 is targeted SONY EX1000 direction. D3 series 299RMB, D5 series 399RMB. January 1, 2014, we look forward to.
So we know we have a new shape and sound direction. Before people speculated that they will be as good as the models mentioned but I only see they have the tuning of those phones. Not that the VSD5 will be as good as the EX1000 but tuned to sound in the direction of it. VSD3 mid focused like the 535 and the VSDS tuned more like a W4. So, how good they are we will see in early 2014 but I am not getting that they really promise to be as good as those phones for $50 and $65 but will tuned to sound like the signatures of the EX1000, W4, and the SE535. Maybe 80% of again?
biggrin.gif

There was also an announcement about new VSD1s in new colors and I'm not sure what else.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #1,346 of 2,003

There's no information that they will actually be upgrades sq-wise. All we know is that they'll have different tuning. As far as the higher price, that's most likely because of the higher build quality as vsonic has spent quite a bit of money on the new fancy looking housings and fancy looking packaging.
There was also an announcement about new VSD1s in new colors and I'm sure what else.

There has been no confirmation on redesigned VSD1s. So far the plan seems to be an early 2014 release of the VSD3 followed by VSD3S probably like with the VSD1S a month or two later and VSD5 and supposedly VSD5S following. As far as I know, VSD7 and VSD9 might actually be ready but Vsonic's waiting for the right moment to release them - might be at any moment, might be in quite a long time. It seems that they lack the manpower and possibly the resources to manufacture all of their new models in the time frame they originally considered possible. 
And that's even without considering the fact that they were supposed to release portable and full-size cans this fall or the DAP they are working on.

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,347 of 2,003
There's no information that they will actually be upgrades sq-wise. All we know is that they'll have different tuning. As far as the higher price, that's most likely because of the higher build quality as vsonic has spent quite a bit of money on the new fancy looking housings and fancy looking packaging.
There has been no confirmation on redesigned VSD1s. So far the plan seems to be an early 2014 release of the VSD3 followed by VSD3S probably like with the VSD1S a month or two later and VSD5 and supposedly VSD5S following. As far as I know, VSD7 and VSD9 might actually be ready but Vsonic's waiting for the right moment to release them - might be at any moment, might be in quite a long time. It seems that they lack the manpower and possibly the resources to manufacture all of their new models in the time frame they originally considered possible. 
And that's even without considering the fact that they were supposed to release portable and full-size cans this fall or the DAP they are working on.

Are they still thinking a January release?

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,348 of 2,003
b4 my pair of VS1D1s arrives (it's like 2 hrs drive away from where i live), is there a difference between burning in by listening to music, videos, games etc... and listening to brown noise? 

Brown Noise - Utilizes the lower sound frequencies to generate a deep ambient rumble. Brown noise is excellent for aiding sleep, pacifying children and pets, and even masking Tinnitus. It's also great for breaking in audio equipment and soothing migraines.

http://simplynoise.com/

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #1,349 of 2,003
Are they still thinking a January release?

Well, that's why the VSD3s packaging was teased - to supposedly prove that the VSD3 is completed down to the packaging, so I guess they should have started or should be about to start mass production, so it's ready for the promised January release.

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #1,350 of 2,003
  b4 my pair of VS1D1s arrives (it's like 2 hrs drive away from where i live), is there a difference between burning in by listening to music, videos, games etc... and listening to brown noise? 

http://simplynoise.com/

That's personal preference IMO. Some people feel the need to use noices like white, pink and brown and other stuff like frequency sweeps etc. Others use music and sometimes even just specific types of music. Sometimes people just listen to music and wait for the burn-in process to slowly happen. 
I guess you mean just playing noises like brown - not actually putting the iems in your ears and listening to it.
I usually use mixes of different generated sounds alternating them with just music. I had posted before links to dweaver's burn-in files, which I've been using for the past couple of years but I had uploaded them on hotfile, which is shut down, so I might upload them somewhere else soon if I don't forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back