VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Nov 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,291 of 2,003
Well, I was just comparing the LE with the gr04 flagship (with the mh1's tips) and Le's separation is about on par with the gr04fe's. I can't make up my mind, which one I prefer more. The gr04fe has less bass and is a bit more balanced overall. Le's slightly smoother and fuller while the gr04fe is a bit crisper and more resolving but remains relatively smooth and forgiving too. The interesting thing is that with stock tips gr04fe has almost no sparkle but with the mh1's tips it has more than the LE, while LE's sparkle isn't much affected by the change of tips. 
I might put the gr04fe on par with the LE, which has more bass and is smoother and more refined sounding but a bit dark in comparison and slightly less resolving.

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #1,292 of 2,003

Have you tried the MT300 tips???

Or even the Lethals???

I think I've tried them all. And most of them sound really good on the LE's (ie the jvc fx3x tips sound great on them). But I tend to end back with the medium stock tips (followed closely by light blue gr07be tips and medium mh1c tips).

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #1,293 of 2,003
  Indeed! The LE's are wonderful. And as far as form is concerned, they are my favourites. Small. Light. Flush. Wear them up. Wear them down. What's not to like? :)   Well, the cable is a bit wimpy, but so far it has been durable enough.

^ Same here loved the regular VSD1 form factor/ fit so much that these VSD1 LE are a no brainer for me. I like how they fit/ worn over the gr07 BE over ears.

Yeppp cable seems a bit thin but looks/ feel durable same cable as my VC02s so..... they get the job done.

Well, I was just comparing the LE with the gr04 flagship (with the mh1's tips) and Le's separation is about on par with the gr04fe's. I can't make up my mind, which one I prefer more. The gr04fe has less bass and is a bit more balanced overall. Le's slightly smoother and fuller while the gr04fe is a bit crisper and more resolving but remains relatively smooth and forgiving too. The interesting thing is that with stock tips gr04fe has almost no sparkle but with the mh1's tips it has more than the LE, while LE's sparkle isn't much affected by the change of tips. 
I might put the gr04fe on par with the LE, which has more bass and is smoother and more refined sounding but a bit dark in comparison and slightly less resolving.

^ Glad those gr04 flagships are THAT great sounding but never heard them so i'll just have to take your word for it.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #1,294 of 2,003

^ Glad those gr04 flagships are THAT great sounding but never heard them so i'll just have to take your word for it.
bigsmile_face.gif

Well, not many people have them - everyone was busy buying the gr06 and missed out on the gr04fe that was only $51. That's what name confusion and lack of reading skills lead to. Now, technically comparing the LE to the gr04fe shouldn't be fair as gr04fe was originally like 110 bucks or so but props to vsonic for making just as good iem (if not better, depending on personal preferences) for cheaper.

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #1,295 of 2,003

I think I've tried them all. And most of them sound really good on the LE's (ie the jvc fx3x tips sound great on them). But I tend to end back with the medium stock tips (followed closely by light blue gr07be tips and medium mh1c tips).

Yeppp same here, i keep going back to the stock black tips as well, but boy is those Philips tips fun/ explosive. I might have to get a set of those Mee M6 tips cuz the ones i got from a friend was indeed the M9 tips.  His lame @ss got his M6s stolen. LMAO.
triportsad.gif

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #1,296 of 2,003
  HYPE FOR THESE VSD1 LEs SUSTAINED!!!
tongue_smile.gif

Yo, LEs are almost sold out and most of us owning them as well........
wink.gif

So Bro, no more HYPE needed to sustain.
beerchug.gif
He he....LoL Your Hype Project is Over and you are on paid leave, and get ready for VSD3 project next.......more instructions to follow.......
atsmile.gif
Easy mate...

btw, you can buy a new pair of M6 instead buying just silicon tips.you get a pair of M6 themselves,a nice clam shell case. it's just upto you.......

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #1,297 of 2,003
Ok, finally got my VSD1 LE, out of the box i thought it was defective, it sounded very muddy, congested and bassy with almost no treble, but i'm glad it got better after a few minutes.

Now i have like 40 hours of burn in, it's sounding very good so far, i think i already like it better  than VSD1S. The most impressive think i noticed is the size of the soundstage, it's quite big and spacious, also good imaging, a step up for sure over VSD1S. Everything is fairly balanced, musical, smooth, natural with great timbre, far from analytical. VSD1S sounds a little more V shape to me with that extra boost in the treble (which can give the impression of more clarity), definitely more sibilant too.

I don't know yet if i like it better than the mh1c, but we will see if it gets even better with a little more burn in...
L3000.gif

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #1,299 of 2,003
  What are the differences b/w the LE's and the regular VSD1?

Well, VSD1(pop, vocal and rock music) and VSD1s (classical and jazz music) share same tech specs but LE has been tuned to 80ohms,besides some change in overall FR and sensitivity. LE ships with Less/No foam tips against those 2 models,which has 4 foamies.And LEs are ~$25-$32 pricier than those 2......

LE's are more neutral, wide SS and better paired with an Amp......more burn-in period. Real patience required.

Forgot,they also share a common, not well designed cable and 3.5mm jack strain relief.

edit> LEs are limited prod of just 1000 units were made and numbered from from 000-999 where these 3 digit serial #s are embossed on the right ear piece on every pair.

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #1,301 of 2,003

Well, VSD1(pop, vocal and rock music) and VSD1s (classical and jazz music) share same tech specs but LE has been tuned to 80ohms,besides some change in overall FR and sensitivity. LE ships with Less/No foam tips against those 2 models,which has 4 foamies.And LEs are ~$25-$32 pricier than those 2......

LE's are more neutral, wide SS and better paired with an Amp......more burn-in period. Real patience required.

Forgot,they also share a common, not well designed cable and 3.5mm jack strain relief.

edit> LEs are limited prod of just 1000 units were made and numbered from from 000-999 where these 3 digit serial #s are embossed on the right ear piece on every pair.

Well, I wouldn't call it more neutral - maybe slightly more balanced. Also definitely not wider soundstage-wise - a bit better in the depth department though due to the better separation. IMO the cable is fine - light, soft and pliable. It might lack in thickness but there are a lot more expensive iems with worse cables, so I have no gripes with it. It's good to mention that the price difference with the other VSD1 models is because the LE is hard to get due to its limited production, so sellers raised the prices. In reality it cost the same as VSD1 and VSD1S in China and was only 10 bucks more expensive when I purchased mine.

Do you use any amp to drive the LE? And a bit off topic: Do you guys think using IEMs out in the winter is a bad idea? The winter at my place is around 40F -> 5F (5C -> -15C)

Well, it depends on how powerful is your source and how loud you listen to your music. The LE needs more power due to its higher impedance but while it benefits a bit from the added power it doesn't neceseraly need an amp.
I've been using iems during the winter for years. It depends on the iem though - some iem/headphone cables stiffen a lot when it's too cold and might break or be damaged and also BA iems are more prone to issues with cold weather so I usually limit my use of armature iems when it's too cold and I know I'll be spending more time outside.

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #1,302 of 2,003
How do the VSD1 compare to the MH1?
The MH1 sound great (although a bit too bassy for me) but the stupid cable ruins it for me.
Also do you have any comparisons between the VSD1 and the GR04 and GR06?
thanks

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #1,303 of 2,003
The comments about the LEs coming with less, costing more and having a higher impedance are correct.

If I had known about how much more power they need, I might not have paid extra to buy them.  At this point in their break-in, and without amping, I'm not convinced that they are as good as what I already have.

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #1,304 of 2,003
  The comments about the LEs coming with less, costing more and having a higher impedance are correct.

If I had known about how much more power they need, I might not have paid extra to buy them.  At this point in their break-in, and without amping, I'm not convinced that they are as good as what I already have.

^ Hey meng i will buy it off of ya' if these are not to your liking. :)

Was thinking of getting another set, but didn't wanna hoard.

Oh and what's your # cuz that is real important as well.
evil_smiley.gif

edit: Or even better i got stuff for trade if you are interested. Have a set of brand new ATH WS55s if cans are your cup of tea.
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643666/budget-fi-iem-jvc-fxz200-145-shipped-vsonic-vc02-sale-all-must-go

Let me know. : P

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,305 of 2,003
  *The comments about the LEs coming with less, costing more and having a higher impedance are correct.

**If I had known about how much more power they need, I might not have paid extra to buy them.  At this point in their break-in, and without amping, I'm not convinced that they are as good as what I already have.

* Because more of us are still yet to complete the burn-in process to discover about it's fullness of sound and some are kinda lost their attention and patience due to this long period involved.Some might have gave up for now even and try whenever they find time .
blink.gif
I'm just guessing..
wink.gif

The price is ok IMHO for it's performance,accessories etc, there's no complaint. Remember we can enjoy 80% of GR07's sound signature for 1/3rd of GR07 price.
atsmile.gif

**Exactly, it definitely needs an amping unless we have a quality DAP/source. My SGP5",30GB classic is hard to drive them,but 120GB classic takes it up to some extent. CL DAC/AMP on 120gb is perfectly pairing but still shines better with E12. Other than that, it is a hard to find IEM at this price tag, as of now. And no worries,you will be rewarded for the extra $$ paid($13-$20?), for sure. Infact you can invest just $28 on E6 or $50 on E11 and you will realize how wise your decision was,no regrets. it's ur personal preference,you know what I mean...

Infact I've decided to preserve this,(yeah I'm not totally convinced with the cable and strain relief near the 3.5mm jack) extra baby sit while using them, to use it as my budget/mid tier IEM reference to benchmark other IEMs as it's on the Neutral side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back