VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Mar 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 341

putente

Headphoneus Supremus
So, here we have a new product from VSONIC, and it features a dual balanced armature (from Knowles, it seems). They were announced a while ago by VSONICs CEO, and they just surfaced at eBay from a chinese seller (as usual with VSONIC products). In a few weeks (2 or 3) we should see them being sold by the other usual online VSONIC sellers (Lendmeurears, mainly). I think these are supposed to be the successor of the GR01 model...

Specification:
Driver: Knowles Dual Balanced Armature driver
Rated Impedance: 32 Ohm at 500Hz (50 Ohm at 1000Hz)
Sensitivity: 105 dB (at 500 Hz)
Frequency response: 20Hz- 20000 Hz 
Distortion Rate: <2% at 94 dB (20u pa)
Channel Balance: <2 dB (at 500Hz)
Rated power: 10mW 
Max Input power: 50mW
Connector: 3.5mm 24K gold plated dual-channel plug
Cable: 130cm TPU cable, 4x20 silver and copper mixed wires

(Picture found at ClieOS blog, In Ear Matters. I hope he already has a unit and will review it soon!)

Here's the eBay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380597556592

So, who's gonna be the first to try them? 
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 341
REVIEWS:

INTRODUCTION

With all the massive hype around VSONIC's new flagship V7007 (used to be known as GR08), you could be forgiven to not seeing this coming. In fact, if it wasn't for Putente who started the info thread, not many people would have known about this.
I took the plunge to be one of the first to purchase this, simply because of my good track record with dual-driver IEM (UE700, B2, IE800, FA Tandem), all of which I love, and also VSONIC's good track record of producing a good IEM.

There is only one place (I think) which you can purchase this from for time being, a seller called bigbargainonline from eBay, It took about 2 weeks from the time of purchase, until it turned up at my door

This is VSONIC's second VC-range of IEM, the first one being the well-liked VC02.

SPECS (from the little leaflet inside the box)

1. Driver - Dual Armature (Knowles)
  2. Impedance - 32Ω at 500hz (50Ω at 1000hz)
  3. Sensitivity - 105dB at 500hz
  4. Frequency Response - 20hz to 20khz
  5. Distortion - <2% 94dB
  6. Rated Power - 10mW
  7. Maximum Total Power - 50mW
  8. Plug - 3.5mm gold plated dual channel
  9. Cable - 1.3m TPU cable, 4x20 silver and copper mixed wires

ACCESSORIES AND BUILD QUALITY

Excellent accessories, basically you get 8 different size hybrid tips with different colours, as well as black single-flange and dual-flanges, 3 different sizes of foam hybrid, a shirt clip, and a string-tied top, suede pouch, similar to Sony's XBA-1, and Fischer Audio's pouch.

Build quality is also excellent, the plug is similar to that of GR07's, and the body is made from a sturdy aluminium with a hard rubber joint (similar to VC02), and it feels like it can be thrown around a bit without hurting too much. The body is super small and very comfortable to be worn at all time, similar size to Klipsch X10.

SOUND QUALITY

Bass - Fast, tight, punchy, with good extension, up to around sub-bass area before rolling off. Impact and slam is quite powerful for an armature-based IEM, the overall bass level is slightly less than Klipsch x10 (minus the mid-bass bloat) and UE700, bigger IE800, B2, R-50, and about the same level as XBA-2, though IMHO, the quality is much better than XBA-2

Mid - This is where the magic lies here, the mid is forward, smooth, and detailed, though the detail level is nowhere near IE800 and B2. Much better mid than that of UE700 and XBA-2. Tunes with vocals are extremely enjoyable with this

Treble - Slightly laid back, has some good energy and brightness to it. Sibilance are there, not as bad as B2, and fixable by using foam tips. People who are sensitive with sibilance would be annoyed I'd imagine, though personally I don't have any problem with it. Extension is excellent, and holds decay quite well, though not as well as B2 and R-50.

Soundstage - Wide, though not exactly 3D.

Microphonics - Pretty bad if worn cable down, much better if worn around the ear

The size of the nozzle is a bit strange, if you like your Comply tips, it is just marginally too big for 100's and too small for 200's, though as you can see above I managed to fit Comply 100 on it with the aid of a small screwdriver to stretch the stem first, Comply had 150 tips in the past but as far as I know they don't have it anymore, 150 tips would have fit perfectly.

CONCLUSION

I think, the best way to describe VC1000's signature is UE700 with forward mid, and slightly less bass. It's not an analytical dual-BA IEM like B2 or R-50, but it's all about fun with VC1000, and personally, I like it very much

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 341
Well, I'm not sure if the VC1000 should be called a successor of the Gr01. Based on the pricing and the fact that the Gr01 is not being discontinued, I would have to call it a cheap dual BA from vsonic as it doesn't seem it has been created to replace the Gr01.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #5 of 341
Quote:
Well, I'm not sure if the VC1000 should be called a successor of the Gr01. Based on the pricing and the fact that the Gr01 is not being discontinued, I would have to call it a cheap dual BA from vsonic as it doesn't seem it has been created to replace the Gr01.

Let's wait and see... 
wink.gif

Btw, will you order a pair? 
biggrin.gif

Shame to see a lack of a removable cable.

Well, if it would be a removable cable like in the VC02, you're not missing much...

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #6 of 341
Considering VSONIC's track record, I wouldn't mind perhaps to be the guinea pig, historically I always love my dual-BA, but my concern is that the price would be cheaper once it reaches the western market...

...so tempted hahaha...
L3000.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #7 of 341
Quote:
Considering VSONIC's track record, I wouldn't mind perhaps to be the guinea pig, historically I always love my dual-BA, but my concern is that the price would be cheaper once it reaches the western market...

Considering it's a new product, I doubt you'll find it cheaper! Take the VC02 price history as an example...

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #8 of 341
It's quite reasonable and affordable price as a dual ba IEM. I'm willing to listen to it!

But I prefer wearing IEMs ear-around than straight down to prevent microphonics. I want vsonic to develop ear-around type BA IEMs.

Mar 12, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #9 of 341
Quote:

Considering it's a new product, I doubt you'll find it cheaper! Take the VC02 price history as an example...

Well, I guess lendmeurears could offer an introductory price when they start selling it but I wouldn't wait for it. 

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #13 of 341
Quote:
With next to no modification, my triple fi cables works fine!

I know they're pin compatible with other IEM cables, but don't they look strange without the black "rear-end" cap over the pins, like with the original cables?

Anyway, we should take this debate over to the VC02 thread, as this removable cable debate has nothing to do with the VC1000. Maybe you can post some pictures there of your VC02 with those cables, no? 
beerchug.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #14 of 341
Quote:

I know they're pin compatible with other IEM cables, but don't they look strange without the black "rear-end" cap over the pins, like with the original cables?

Anyway, we should take this debate over to the VC02 thread, as this removable cable debate has nothing to do with the VC1000. Maybe you can post some pictures there of your VC02 with those cables, no? 

Well, i have to agree with you at that point, it does look strange indeed, lol 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back