VSONIC VC02 Thread
Nov 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #92 of 791
Quote:
Not analytical, just detailed. Musical and detailed, if that makes sense. Quite well balanced apart from the currently slightly forward mids and those may change over time. Not warm either, just natural and musical sounding.

Thanks a lot for answering. One more thing, does this offer deep insertion like the GR01? The barrel of GR01 is a lot thinner than this right so I'm wondering about isolation and also if you feel any discomfort in wearing this. Please do give impressions if you plan to do cable rolling since you've said third party cables fit.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #93 of 791
Quote:
Thanks a lot for answering. One more thing, does this offer deep insertion like the GR01? The barrel of GR01 is a lot thinner than this right so I'm wondering about isolation and also if you feel any discomfort in wearing this. Please do give impressions if you plan to do cable rolling since you've said third party cables fit.

It is so small and can get so far into your ear canal, that I had trouble removing it, and kept pulling the cables off instead. 
biggrin.gif

I never use deep insertion methods, as I have never found a need to, as I am one of those lucky people who can get a perfect fit with pretty much any medium sized, oval silicon tip. So, from my accidental attempts to insert the VC02 into my brain instead of my ear, it might be reasonable to suggest that deep insertion will be no problem at all 
tongue.gif
 I found isolation good and comfort good, but I am not the right person to comment on those particular aspects, as I can say that about pretty much all IEM's that I own except for the UE TF10 that was clearly made for the ears of a Klingon 
biggrin.gif
 Someone else here who normally has difficulty with comfort or isolation should answer that one.

I can't offer a comparison with GR01 as I have never had that IEM, but I think, if anything, the VC02 looks to be even smaller and thinner than the GR01. Perhaps someone else here who has a GR01 could confirm that ?

EDIT: Worth noting that when putting the tips on the VC02, there are two possible positions they can be in. When pushed on the lower of the two positions, then the end of the tip is very close to the end of the nozzle, which will be placing it closer to your ear drum anyway. With that in mind, people may discover they don't need to insert as deeply as the do with some other IEM's.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #94 of 791
Quote:
A 3mm dynamic driver, how does it even have bass?  I might get a pair just to hear a 3mm driver and what that sounds like but from reading some of the impressions it seems like a decent under $100 IEM.

I have no idea technically, how it manages to produce bass from a tiny driver like that, but produce it, it certainly does. It is produced convincingly, with punch, clarity and decent depth. Quite a remarkable achievement for something so tiny.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #95 of 791
Quote:
  A 3mm dynamic driver, how does it even have bass?  I might get a pair just to hear a 3mm driver and what that sounds like but from reading some of the impressions it seems like a decent under $100 IEM.

A sealed system in your ear canal, no matter how small the transducer, if it produces sufficient SPLs, then it should have bass. I'd be more worried about the QC of constructing such a tiny driver. Any density imperfections may impact the sound greatly. I envision some people saying the VC02 is stellar, and others saying, "What is this nonsensical hype?"

Looks like it's a great package for <$40, though.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #96 of 791
Quote:
is it bassy?

Not excessively. It's not Dre Beatz type bass. It's tight, deep, well controlled and punchy. Only a real bass head would want more I think than the VC02 provides. On a par with the GR07 I would say for bass depth, but with better clarity, punch and slam.

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #97 of 791
I was being a bit facetious about it not having bass, I just haven't heard of a 3mm dynamic transducer before.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #98 of 791
this is the worlds smallest micro driver to date......and built quailty is great as always from vsonic....the isolation is outstanding for me with the smallest black eartip that is included......while trying to burn it in with my complex mix that i downloaded from burinwave.com before the site was taken down( :frowning2: )....this little driver could take on full volume with that track where my jvc fx31( another amazing earphone for $39.60 from japan.it is also tiny with amazing sub bass,sparkly highs,and lush mids.). The micro drivers are probably stronger then the bio cellulose driver.

I am a tech geek which loves unique stuff :p......and don't let my 100+ head fi stat fool you guys....i have a whole box full of iems. If you guys are looking for other amazing iem let me know I'll guide you guys to the right direction...damn the timbre on the vc02 is gorgeous :'(....make me want to cry.....it is playing with my emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back