VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Oct 27, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #406 of 924
Quote:
Nice, these are reading more and more like a K3003 clone.  I hope so, I love that phone.  Another vote for a black cable.

Not that I endorse clones, but I think these can be a sort of K3003 "done right", with the detachable cable and reasonable princing (we're yet to know their retail price, but knowing VSONIC we can expect them to be reasonably priced)! Even if I've never heard the K3003, from what I've read I think they're a great product, but not for the price AKG is asking for them! This is my own personal opinion, and I'm not trying to start an argument here about this...

About the sound, since they're coming from VSONIC, and they're going to be their flagship/top of the range model, I guess we can only expect great things! 

BTW, about the cable color suggestions, we need to be in China for VSONIC to consider our opinion... 
deadhorse.gif

Oct 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #407 of 924
I would love to do a review on these if I can get my filthy hands on them 
biggrin.gif
 but with that said, I would probably need to get used to more Vsonic IEMs as I'm not too impressed by their previous IEMs. Don't get me wrong, they were great, I was just being spoiled by some high-tiers like the Tralucent 1+2, PFE232, AKG K3003i, FAD, and the infamous ER-4S.

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #408 of 924
I would love to do a review on these if I can get my filthy hands on them :D  but with that said, I would probably need to get used to more Vsonic IEMs as I'm not too impressed by their previous IEMs. Don't get me wrong, they were great, I was just being spoiled by some high-tiers like the Tralucent 1+2, PFE232, AKG K3003i, FAD, and the infamous ER-4S.

You certainly are an Ety fan aren't you XD

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #409 of 924
Wow
eek.gif
Definitely sounds like my next IEM!

As for the cable, black or dark grey would be cool IMHO, but any color would be OK as long as it is sober (just hope they don't make it like that red Monster-like cable from that rendering in the original post).

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #411 of 924
Can someone fluent in reading chinese/mandarin please translate the following for us:

圈铁混合耳塞只是我们目前展示实力的第一步,13年度我们将带给大家GR07金属 拔插换线版本,配有全球首创的同轴双单元技术,向全球展示我们中国耳机的最高水准。

It's the latest announcement from VSONIC's CEO, and according to Google Translator, he starts by talking about the new model we're calling the "GR08", but the rest of the translation is just too messed up to make any sense. He says something about 13 years and about the GR07 too... Help, please! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #412 of 924
Quote:
Can someone fluent in reading chinese/mandarin please translate the following for us:

It's the latest announcement from VSONIC's CEO, and according to Google Translator, he starts by talking about the new model we're calling the "GR08", but the rest of the translation is just too messed up to make any sense. He says something about 13 years and about the GR07 too... Help, please! 
biggrin.gif

I can only make out about some new earphone coming out in 2013...

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #414 of 924
Guys, thank you for your help, and not that I'm doubting what you both said, but according to Google Translator to english, that announcement starts with "Circle iron mixed earplugs", and this is the way VSONIC's CEO has been refering to the model we're calling GR08 in his previous announcements. So, I still believe his saying something about the "GR08", even if it's not directly about it...

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #415 of 924
Quote:
圈铁混合耳塞只是我们目前展示实力的第一步,13年度我们将带给大家GR07金属 拔插换线版本,配有全球首创的同轴双单元技术,向全球展示我们中国耳机的最高水准。

「圈铁混合耳塞只是我们目前展示实力的第一步」 = The dynamic + BA hybrid is only the first step in showing our abilities

「13年度我们将带给大家GR07金属 拔插换线版本」 = in 2013 we will be bringing everybody the GR07 with detachable cables (possibly with metal housing, but I'm not sure whether they're referring to the fact that the detachable cable sockets are metal, or that the entire housing is metal)

「配有全球首创的同轴双单元技术」 = with the world's first coaxial dual unit technology

「向全球展示我们中国耳机的最高水准」 = in order to show the entire world that Chinese headphones are of the highest quality

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #417 of 924
Quote:
「圈铁混合耳塞只是我们目前展示实力的第一步」 = The dynamic + BA hybrid is only the first step in showing our abilities

「13年度我们将带给大家GR07金属 拔插换线版本」 = in 2013 we will be bringing everybody the GR07 with detachable cables (possibly with metal housing, but I'm not sure whether they're referring to the fact that the detachable cable sockets are metal, or that the entire housing is metal)

「配有全球首创的同轴双单元技术」 = with the world's first coaxial dual unit technology

「向全球展示我们中国耳机的最高水准」 = in order to show the entire world that Chinese headphones are of the highest quality

Thanks for the translation, tomscy2000! Now it makes sense, as Google translation made no sense at all! Although he was talking about the "GR08", this announcement is more related to the GR07, so I'll post it in that dedicated thread...

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #418 of 924
No problem. It's certainly exciting news. I'm really liking that (albeit small) picture of the CNCs prototypes of the GR08 shell; if the GR07 is going to be upgraded to that type of housing as well, then it'll be even more popular than it already is.

Here's a much larger photo (I'm a little sad there's no articulating nozzle head, but I get why):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back