VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Feb 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #766 of 924
As reference for what though? I feel like they are actually not accurate for anything other than treble/mid oriented stuff. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

It might be eke. They require an absurdly deep fit with a perfect seal for any kind of decent bass. I hear full bold bass to below 30Hz with mine. Bass heavy tracks sound obviously bass heavy. But again the fit is pretty invasive. I've gotten used to it but sometimes I'm still surprised at how deep the reference plane really is. On the other hand isolation is unreal. Easily better than the GR07 by about 10dB or more.

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #767 of 924
Quote:
  I hear full bold bass to below 30Hz with mine.

Seriously? You must have golden ears then, because to me, saying they produce "full, bold bass below 30 Hz" is really a stretch. I'm all for the ER4, but if there's one thing even the most fervent of ER4 lovers will concede, it's that it cannot correctly reproduce the deepest bass. 35-37 Hz is about as low as I personally can say it's "accurate" to, no more. But heck, maybe I've just been cursed with sub-par group D hair cells.

Pickles, JO, 1988

Feb 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #768 of 924
agreed on missing subbass, but the ER4 is definitely of reference quality regardless, those that don't hear it need time to recognize. GR07 for example is more flawed, with slightly loose midbass, less treble bandwidth, and peakier less refined treble. Knowles dampers do help that extension though and midbas. 

Feb 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #769 of 924
I strongly disagree. The ER6 that I auditioned wasn't even close to being capable the bass in a recording. My favorite classical pieces sounded weak and anemic, hiding the ambience of instruments like the timpani.

I've heard that the ER4 has less bass, which is a little ridiculous, IMO.

Feb 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #770 of 924
Sounds like a fit issue, ER4P has about the same bass as HF and ER4S about the same as ER6, maybe wee bit less. I do think the ER6 is missing bass overall, but just a bit, not as bad as mentioned. I do ike the ER4s with added damping via dampers for more bass as mentioned. 

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #771 of 924
Seriously? You must have golden ears then, because to me, saying they produce "full, bold bass below 30 Hz" is really a stretch. I'm all for the ER4, but if there's one thing even the most fervent of ER4 lovers will concede, it's that it cannot correctly reproduce the deepest bass. 35-37 Hz is about as low as I personally can say it's "accurate" to, no more. But heck, maybe I've just been cursed with sub-par group D hair cells.

Pickles, JO, 1988

You're right tomscy, and I'd like to be more clear. The bass as a whole sounds very full on recordings by Massive Attack for example, and additionally to my ears it rolls off only slightly at around 30Hz, which is what I meant to convey. Also I should have qualified my statement by saying I'm using the red filters which help accentuate bass slightly. I'm sure your hearing is fine. :)

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #773 of 924
I don't know if that's been posted in another thread but Lendmeurears posted an update on facebook, which ends with this: "Lastly, on the products side, there should be 2 new products coming from the Vsonic side in the next 2 months so stay tune. But it will not be the hybrid iem that many of you are looking for. More info on the hybrid will be posted soon!" 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back