VSonic GR07 vs Vsonic GR01 vs Fischer DBA-02 MKII
Apr 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 22
GR07 is more neutral and has a very balanced sound.
DBA02's are bright and extremely detailed and clear.
GR01's are somewhat in between the two, but probably closer to the DBA02 since it is also a TWFK driver based headphone.

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #7 of 22
Which pumps out better bass, GR07 or DBA02? I'm looking to possibly upgrade my Atrios and require serious sub bass.

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #9 of 22

Quote:
Which pumps out better bass, GR07 or DBA02? I'm looking to possibly upgrade my Atrios and require serious sub bass.

I haven't heard the Atrios, but between those two, definitely the GR07 which makes sense because it's dynamic vs armature. But neither of them are exactly known for bass. The GR07 has more sub bass and a more textured bass, but it's not very punchy, so if you're looking for something comparable to the Atrios, you may want to look elsewhere.

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #10 of 22
@monoglycer:  I'm considering the GR07 because I want something more neutral than my typical bass-heavy and V-shaped choices.  That said, I still want a solid low end, and I had another head-fi'er tell me once that in his opinion, the original DBA-02 sounded fairly similar to the older Atrio (rev2).  Most of the other phones that have descriptions that might match what I'm after are prohibitively expensive, also causing me to lean towards these two.

@lilkoolaidman:  Thanks.  Nice sig, btw.

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #12 of 22
They are different. I'd say the Vsonics are better built than Fischer.

Personally, I prefer the GR01. It has the best accuracy and isolation due to its design. I like its flat response. Build is good but I'd prefer a cable that doesn't tangle as much.

The GR07 is a dynamic driver. Better bass, more sparkle in the treble. Great with dance/rap and loud, fast music. Not as accurate or natural as the GR01 though.

Won't comment on the MKII since I haven't spent much time with them, other than the build quality.

May 31, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #13 of 22
Hi,

I'm also trying to decide if GR01 or DBA-02 MK2 are a good IEM for me as I'd like to try out the Dual BA sound.  Just wondering, what part of the DBA-02's build quality did you find inferior to VSonic?  I've seen from the GR01 discussions that metal nozzle/cap seems to come loose once a while and needs tightening, and also some had the glue holding the strain relief lose it's hold.

I think most dislike's I've read about the DBA-02 are its flat cables, but I would consider that bad design/material choice instead of bad build quality, which I relate to the IEM falling apart and needs repair.

Thanks!

Quote:
They are different. I'd say the Vsonics are better built than Fischer.

Personally, I prefer the GR01. It has the best accuracy and isolation due to its design. I like its flat response. Build is good but I'd prefer a cable that doesn't tangle as much.

The GR07 is a dynamic driver. Better bass, more sparkle in the treble. Great with dance/rap and loud, fast music. Not as accurate or natural as the GR01 though.

Won't comment on the MKII since I haven't spent much time with them, other than the build quality.

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #14 of 22
I am also trying to pick between the VSonic GR01 and Fischer Audio DBA-02 MkII, at present.

What I'm looking for is primarily accuracy, neutrality and detail, but I also do not want to end up with something very decidedly bass-light. I understand that armature drivers in general cannot deliver the same bass response as dynamic drivers, but I would like a fairly capable low-end at least.

Which of the two will prove to be the better choice for me?

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:
I am also trying to pick between the VSonic GR01 and Fischer Audio DBA-02 MkII, at present.

What I'm looking for is primarily accuracy, neutrality and detail, but I also do not want to end up with something very decidedly bass-light. I understand that armature drivers in general cannot deliver the same bass response as dynamic drivers, but I would like a fairly capable low-end at least.

Which of the two will prove to be the better choice for me?

I haven't heard the GR01, but the DBA-02 bass and GR07 bass is pretty similar in terms of quality, though I feel the GR07s bass is more textured. I wouldn't say that the DBA-02 is bass light, but it is fairly bright which could create that illusion, so if you read something about the GR01 being warmer than the DBA-02s or having a bit more bass, then the GR01 is probably best for you of those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back