VSonic GR07 vs Vsonic GR01 vs Fischer DBA-02 MKII
Dec 19, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #17 of 22
The DBA-O2 mk2 is not bass light.  It is lean but very tight, punchy and fast.  It get top marks from me.  Oh and the build qualities have been completely fixed in the mk2 version.  Personally, if your prefered sound sig is aggressive, flat, fast, detailed, analytical it is the best set of phones under 300 (except Hifiman Re-272 which shines with a balanced amp and therefore pretty expensive to get the most value out of)

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #18 of 22
Hi all, I'm interested in these and have a few questions. I just bought a set of Rockit R-50, and I like them a lot. They do seem a bit light on the bass end but that could be enhanced by my use of an iPhone 4 and some less that perfect sources of mp3 etc. The R-50 is very comfortable, but I would like to get a better isolation. They sometimes feel like they are going to fall out. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience with over the ear wearing. I got some ety triple flange tips, but I think I like the stock tips better (mediums).
I want a set of IEMs that have a full rich/warm sound, huge soundstage, detailed, comfortable with good isolation.

I listen to a lot of guitar centric music and like the amp tones to shine. I also like good voice clarity. Bands like joe bonamassa, joe straining, John Mayer and eric Johnson, to name a few. I listen to many styles of music, dare I say all, but I'd like it to excell in the stuff I just tried to describe. I also listen to Rock, ambient, new age, and trance music. A few bands I'll mention if it helps: Van Halen, Led Zep, rush, Andy Timmons, Paul oakenfold

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #19 of 22
Sorry I hit the send button by mistake!!

Bottom line is I am leaning toward the GR01 but what do you recommend?
I'm not a bass head but would like more than what I've gotten with the R-50. I am looking for a balanced sound with excellent detail, isolation and soundstage, with a good fit. I understand each ear is different. Something that is worthy of owning as another option, next to the R-50s.

One last thing: I have a set of RE0 IEMs coming, couldn't resist the $50.00 price while still in the Christmas buying frenzy. Did I just buy another set that will be comparable to the R-50s?
Thank you for any help in advance. I love this forum! Music and sound freaks unite.

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #20 of 22
The more I listen to the R-50 IEMs, I'm finding I absolutely love them! The bass is just fine as long as the source is good. They're definitely not bass heavy, but I think that's a good thing. I've been on a permanent tone quest with guitar amps, and these really let the amp tones shine.

I ordered a set of gr06 last night. My obsession is getting the best of me again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back