VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
May 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #5,133 of 7,982
I contemplated on either getting the MK2 or the BE for a while, and went with the MK2. They have met all my needs for an IEM and more... with just enough bass for my taste. If I want extra bass that is what my E12 bass boost is for 
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #5,135 of 7,982
Quote:
Heres my GR07 Mk2 after about 6 months of use, notice the hint of blue hue on the cable, it started to changed color around the 4 month mark. But they still sound just as great!

Where do you live? I live in Florida and with the climate around here I always keep them in the pouch when not in use. I live in an old building that doesn't isolate well. I hope this doesn't happen to mine
frown.gif

May 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #5,136 of 7,982
Quote:

Where do you live? I live in Florida and with the climate around here I always keep them in the pouch when not in use. I live in an old building that doesn't isolate well. I hope this doesn't happen to mine
frown.gif

I live in Hong Kong, and travel around south china frequently. Its extremely humid here and i also keep mine in the pouch when not in use. Im sure florida shouldnt be a problem unless you are always in a non-air-conditioned place. 

May 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #5,138 of 7,982
Gentlemen, gentlemen. There's only one way to solve this: mochill should send all three of his sets to an objective third party for an assessment as to his claims in regard to his specific IEMs.

I will gladly offer up my services in this regard :D

Full disclosure: I miss my GR07 a bit lol.
Full disclosure 2: I'd like to run them through the D100 :)

Darn, thought I had a good shot with that one :rolleyes:

May 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #5,139 of 7,982

Here's a couple pics. First one has them being worn the "correct" way. The second pic shows how they have to be for my ears sake. I think for music, there will be no issues. I have no intentions of wearing these for movies or games. What do you guys think? FWIW, I could NEVER get the TF10's to fit well. Although, I had no issues w/ Ety ER6i and Klipsch S4. Just for kicks, is there another headphone under $200 that sounds as good and does not take up so much ear "space?"

cables out front, square in ear

cables out bottom, square out

May 11, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #5,140 of 7,982
Quote:

Here's a couple pics. First one has them being worn the "correct" way. The second pic shows how they have to be for my ears sake. I think for music, there will be no issues. I have no intentions of wearing these for movies or games. What do you guys think? FWIW, I could NEVER get the TF10's to fit well. Although, I had no issues w/ Ety ER6i and Klipsch S4. Just for kicks, is there another headphone under $200 that sounds as good and does not take up so much ear "space?"

cables out front, square in ear

cables out bottom, square out

For the 1st pic, the cable should go around the ear, not outward. Did you try changing the nozzle angle for a better fit?

May 11, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #5,141 of 7,982
Right, but it doesn't matter cause 1st pic causes pain in 5 minutes. Pushing the nozzle furthest out and placing them w/ cable down like 2nd photo gives me the most comfort.

I'm using an old leftover pair of Complys that fit the TF10's w/ good success.

May 11, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #5,142 of 7,982
looks awkward but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I think the housing is a minor gripe about this for people with small ears like me, I don't particularly like the squared shape of it.

May 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #5,144 of 7,982
As long as you're getting a good seal, I don't think there's a problem. It's a pity that they won't fit in your ears the way they were meant to, though - it doesn't look comfortable at all.

May 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #5,145 of 7,982
for me the biggest limitation of gr07 (the first version) is in PRAT. the phones are just not fast enough to be engaging over a long period of listen.
It's slow tempo doesn't seem like an issue since it has an excellent instrument separation (I always though this was the function of transient speed [hence prat] but I guess other factors do affect instrument separation since gr07 does this better than some other phones that sound faster) but moving over to my speakers or even akg271, it's quickly revealed just how slow these phones are. anyone have similar experience with newer versions? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back