VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
May 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #5,117 of 7,982
Quote:
Bass,mids, treble, soundstage are they reason. But if you do agree I understand because it also depend on you source and file quality
smily_headphones1.gif

That's no explanation.  

May 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #5,118 of 7,982

But...but...my head is going to explode! Also, I'm thinking that I might need to go w/ a smaller IEM. Ety ER6i's and Klipsch S4's never gave me pain...but I feel PAIN w/ these things. Still haven't tried all the tips as they're currently drying. (see below)

As for the sound, I'm VERY happy w/ them...w/ the exception that the low end takes over everything IMO.

May 9, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #5,119 of 7,982
Quote:

But...but...my head is going to explode! Also, I'm thinking that I might need to go w/ a smaller IEM. Ety ER6i's and Klipsch S4's never gave me pain...but I feel PAIN w/ these things. Still haven't tried all the tips as they're currently drying. (see below)

As for the sound, I'm VERY happy w/ them...w/ the exception that the low end takes over everything IMO.

In that case, the MKII is your friend. Return the BE if you still find it too bassy after a while. The MKII will present a more neutral/natural experience.

May 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #5,121 of 7,982
Bass is deeper and better textured, mids are more foward with better detail, treble is same with smoother less sibilence sound, soundstage is deeper and wideer but not my a huge step , maybe 10% each, speed is diffenitly same.also wanted to mention that my one is burned in for 300hrs using fast heavy bass track on full volume of 40 with everything enabled and set to max on my cowon j3.

May 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #5,122 of 7,982
Bass is deeper and better textured, mids are more foward with better detail, treble is same with smoother less sibilence sound, soundstage is deeper and wideer but not my a huge step , maybe 10% each, speed is diffenitly same.also wanted to mention that my one is burned in for 300hrs using fast heavy bass track on full volume of 40 with everything enabled and set to max on my cowon j3.

I'm amazed that you find these differences between two iems that share the exact same driver and housing.

May 9, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #5,124 of 7,982
Cable and burn in plays a role in the sound and yes I have all three gr07 variation and all three have 300hrs on each and out all three the bass edition have the most naturalest sound and tone in the music :)

Not that I'm disparaging your opinion, but it seems to me that what that means is that the be has the most bass.

May 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #5,125 of 7,982
Quote:

In that case, the MKII is your friend. Return the BE if you still find it too bassy after a while. The MKII will present a more neutral/natural experience.

Yeah, there's nothing natural about the bass edition...unless you're a
basshead.gif
. It feels exactly like when the sub in my car is cranked too high. BOOOM! BOOOM! It makes it difficult to hear vocals for crying out loud. People like this?!

May 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #5,127 of 7,982
Not that I'm disparaging your opinion, but it seems to me that what that means is that the be has the most bass.

Cable and burn in plays a role in the sound and yes I have all three gr07 variation and all three have 300hrs on each and out all three the bass edition have the most naturalest sound and tone in the music :)

Gentlemen, gentlemen. There's only one way to solve this: mochill should send all three of his sets to an objective third party for an assessment as to his claims in regard to his specific IEMs.

I will gladly offer up my services in this regard :D

Full disclosure: I miss my GR07 a bit lol.
Full disclosure 2: I'd like to run them through the D100 :)

May 9, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #5,129 of 7,982
Quote:

So Ontrac just stopped by w/ my new GR07...

So not only are they the wrong product, but they've got ear wax on the tips. I ordered from Overstock Deals ~ fulfilled by Amazon because:

1. picture was clearly an MKI/MKII
2. review said he got an MKII
3. Feedback Rating: 4.8 stars over the past 12 months (98,415 ratings)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UNNRX4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is this my fault. Absolutely. Am I disappointed? Not @ all. Here's why:

1. Amazon is refunding me immediately
2. Amazon is letting me keep these GR07 Bass editions for 30 days
3. Amazon is giving me a credit of $20 So it looks like I'll get a chance to compare the MKII's w/ the Bass edition. :D

Now...time to start cleaning w/ 99.9% alcohol...

Edit: Also, I have to purchase this w/ a prepaid visa (hence the amazon over lendmeurears purchase). Ideas of where to buy from next?

Edit2: Is mp4nation.net a safe place to order from?

Bought brainwavz at Mp4 Nation and gave me free Fedex delivery . Arrive within 2 days . Definitely safe . But somehow my box came crashed . Not that flat though 
tongue_smile.gif

May 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #5,130 of 7,982
I'm currently using a Sennheiser CX400. Would the GR07 BE or the GR07 MKII be a good (overly wow) upgrade?

I have CX400s and GR07s mk1.1 and almost everyone here says the mk2 is better so yes, they will wow you for the big leap in SQ. You'll experience a whole new level of clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back