VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #4,501 of 7,982
Quote:
I have cuurently habe the BA200 the GR07 bass edition and MH1C.
BA200 - best for jazz and vocal oriented tracks. Details abound and you think you are listening to a different version of every track you play. I listened to "Don't Speak" by no doubt and I remember asking myself...is this the 2012 Version or the live version?...This is using my Rocoo P. I didnt get the same effect from an Iphone.
GR07 - best for drum and Bass/Rock and Guitar oriented tracks. They are just awesome, but tends to get nasal with male vocals...maybe I need to burn it in some more.
MH1C - They are too bass heavy/boomy/treble-shy/less detailed than the 07's and, to an even greater extent, the BA200. They offer no sonic advantage over the two, they are slow, decay is bad, tend to get muddied and has some of the thinnest mids I have heard....and I like them!
Technically, the BA200 wins the game. They are fast, detailed and clear. For dynamics and impact, it's hard to beat the 07's without breaking the bank. But just for pure fun and enjoyment, I think the MH1C can offer so much at its price point.

Completely agree here with gr07 vs ba200, although i have the mk2 version not the bass edition.  But it sounds similar in the fact that the bass response improves some rock elements, while the ba200 comes ahead in spaciousness and details.  I pick the ba200 overall as being more preferred personally, but both are great.  The sibilance is what knocks it down the most for me...

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #4,502 of 7,982
The sibilance is what knocks it down the most for me...

I almost got the MK2 but i just sold my GR01s and i didn't want to go down that path again. So I went with the Bass Edition. It doesn't have the sibilance issue that plagued the 01's and the 07's.

I like the The VSonic house sound but the 01' and the 07 MK1&2 are a little too sibilant and the bass edition suffers from a little bass bleed. If they can strike a balance between these two things they would be perfect. Hoping the 08's would address both issues.

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #4,503 of 7,982
Quote:
Ok, quick question:
T-PEOS H100 for $120
TDK BA200 for $141
VSonic GR07 for $163
JVC FXD80 for $100
Sony MH1c for $28
Sony XBA-3 for $120 (these are the only I can buy locally, no waiting for shipping and superb warranty)

Which do you guys thinks offer the best sound (I would ask the best bang for my buck but I think is pretty obvious that that would be the Sony MH1c), I am using the Brainwavz B2, they are great but they can sound thin and harsh at times (specially from my zune hd) I will run them unamped. The B2 offers incredible clarity and is quite transparente,  I think that is the first phone that sounds just right, not veiled like my Alessandro MS1i. I used to own a pair of HJE900 and they were great but they broke (incredible I know) and someone stole my Eterna, I loved the way the eterna sound, so smooth and almost liquid mids, the were a bit narrow on the soundstage and lacked the clarity of the B2 but they were pretty easy going with everything (Megadeth to t.A.T.u.). Any advise? I am willing to speend up tp 200 bucks but I want some top tier sound, dynamic and with more bass than the B2. Many thanks in advance.

Personal choice would be BA200..

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #4,504 of 7,982
I've read about using the MH1C tips on the GR07's and I can honestly see why. Clarity has improved. Bass bleed (i have the bass edition) almost non-existent and soundstage has improved, not by much, but still an improvement.

Tonality has changed a bit compared to the stock tips, but after only about an hour, your hearing adjusts and the stock tips sounded a bit off when A/B-ing

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #4,505 of 7,982
Quote:
Ok, quick question:
T-PEOS H100 for $120
TDK BA200 for $141
VSonic GR07 for $163
JVC FXD80 for $100
Sony MH1c for $28
Sony XBA-3 for $120 (these are the only I can buy locally, no waiting for shipping and superb warranty)

Which do you guys thinks offer the best sound (I would ask the best bang for my buck but I think is pretty obvious that that would be the Sony MH1c), I am using the Brainwavz B2, they are great but they can sound thin and harsh at times (specially from my zune hd) I will run them unamped. The B2 offers incredible clarity and is quite transparente,  I think that is the first phone that sounds just right, not veiled like my Alessandro MS1i. I used to own a pair of HJE900 and they were great but they broke (incredible I know) and someone stole my Eterna, I loved the way the eterna sound, so smooth and almost liquid mids, the were a bit narrow on the soundstage and lacked the clarity of the B2 but they were pretty easy going with everything (Megadeth to t.A.T.u.). Any advise? I am willing to speend up tp 200 bucks but I want some top tier sound, dynamic and with more bass than the B2. Many thanks in advance.

You've come to the right place ....  for the following answer :  You want the Gr07  !!!

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #4,506 of 7,982
Ok, quick question:
T-PEOS H100 for $120
TDK BA200 for $141
VSonic GR07 for $163
JVC FXD80 for $100
Sony MH1c for $28

I have the MH1C, the BA200 and the GR07. I was about to suggest the BA200s but they are not the best for rock music. i would say, your best bet would be the GR07 given the range of music you listen to.

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #4,507 of 7,982
Quote:
Ok, quick question:
T-PEOS H100 for $120
TDK BA200 for $141
VSonic GR07 for $163
JVC FXD80 for $100
Sony MH1c for $28

+1 on the GR07 for Rock/Metal, but it's also a great all-rounder...

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #4,508 of 7,982
Has anybody who owns the GR07 tried the Rockit Sounds R-50? Joker gives these a very high rating and they only come in at $120 USD...I'm intrigued by these and would love to read a comparative review of the two.

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #4,509 of 7,982
I had the R50 on loan for a while. It's fairly neutral and doesn't do anything wrong. That said I found it very boring and lifeless but I'm probably in the minority there, based on its appreciation thread. I greatly prefered the BA200 to it.

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #4,510 of 7,982
Thanks everyone for your responses, I pretty much knew that the GR07 kinda would be my best option, based on the fact that since I read ClieOS' review I wanted them, never have heard anything bad about them (maybe besides kiteki's review) and being this an appreciation thread of course
wink.gif
. Still haven't figured out, but I think that I can cross the T-PEOS out of my list and so the JVC.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #4,511 of 7,982
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your responses, I pretty much knew that the GR07 kinda would be my best option, based on the fact that since I read ClieOS' review I wanted them, never have heard anything bad about them (maybe besides kiteki's review) and being this an appreciation thread of course
wink.gif
. Still haven't figured out, but I think that I can cross the T-PEOS out of my list and so the JVC.

Other than a little sibilance (really not that bad) they're pretty darn sweet. :)  I really love the build quality and cables too...  They are really comfortable.  I forget I'm wearing them with the ear guides on.

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #4,514 of 7,982
Has anybody else had issues with the GR07 "losing" the sound it settles into after burn-in? I've got well over 300 hours of use on mine, but after not listening to them for a few months and them going back to them they were very bloated, congested and excruciatingly harsh up top. I thought it was just because I was coming from the RE0, but after listening to the GR07 for a few hours they leaned out, opened up, and smoothed back out on top. I even A/Bed them with the RE0 again to see if it was just my brain acclimating, but it wasn't. It's like they had to do another (albeit significantly shorter) burn-in again after not being used for awhile. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience, because I've never had a pair of headphones do this. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #4,515 of 7,982
Quote:
Has anybody else had issues with the GR07 "losing" the sound it settles into after burn-in? I've got well over 300 hours of use on mine, but after not listening to them for a few months and them going back to them they were very bloated, congested and excruciatingly harsh up top. I thought it was just because I was coming from the RE0, but after listening to the GR07 for a few hours they leaned out, opened up, and smoothed back out on top. I even A/Bed them with the RE0 again to see if it was just my brain acclimating, but it wasn't. It's like they had to do another (albeit significantly shorter) burn-in again after not being used for awhile. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience, because I've never had a pair of headphones do this. 

I think i have the same issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back