VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #4,306 of 7,982
VSONIC's CEO latest annoucement, with some news about the GR07's future:

Thank tomscy2000 for the help with the translation, as now we can have a glimpse of the future GR07... :popcorn:

How many times am I going to have to buy this iem lol.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #4,308 of 7,982
Quote:

If I were playing are low volume, flat would be okay. However, the sibilance and warmth would be too distracting at moderate volume. This is true for both male and female vocals.

Maybe you should look into Etymotic's line. They have forward mids, "neutral bass", and very refined treble.

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #4,310 of 7,982
Quote:
How many times am I going to have to buy this iem lol.

I'm beginning to suspect that VSONIC devised a cunning plan to make us buying their products! 
ph34r.gif

biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #4,312 of 7,982
Vsonic GR07 and GR04pro

For me, the differences of the original GR07 and MK2 are mostly subtle. From memory, I don’t really detect much of an improvement in the dynamic range; however the overall presentation seems richer, fuller, very much to my greater satisfaction. Also treble seems to have the same extension but a bit *tamer than the original. Add to that the superb new cable and I definitely prefer the MK2 to the original by a good margin.

(*For the first few days I did have some issues with treble ringing but have since solved the issue, thanks to the swiveling nozzle! Apparently my left ear needs the nozzle angled a good bit different from the right. Through a little practice, I can now find the correct angle the nozzles need to be in very quickly and rarely have to adjust them. As a result, the MK2 treble is smoother and eliminates the ringing issues I had.)

I bought the MK2 from Lendmeurears and received the GR04pro flagship for pennies on the dollar. What a little gem the 4pro turned out to be! Overall I would describe the GR04pro as a mid centric version of the GR07. Vocals are much closer and intimate and the ends of the spectrum roll off a little sooner than the GR07; so you lose a little bit of that awesome sub bass but the treble remains nicely detailed, while probably becoming completely non-fatiguing for any that find issue with the GR07 treble.

I would characterize the 4pro signature as somewhere between the Westone UM2 and Meelec A161p – a mid centric monitor signature with a forward and sweet midrange. Distortion guitars still have the really good Vsonic bite and drums still sound excellent, plus it has the same great cable as the MK2. In direct comparison, the GR07 MK2 is clearly superior and better balanced in frequency response but the GR04pro is an excellent companion to the MK2, especially if you were looking for a workout or backup pair. Considering what I paid extra to have it bundled with the MK2 and my love for mid forward signatures, it’s the deal of the century.

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #4,314 of 7,982
I tell you what kiddies, I was just doing some comparisons between GR07 MK2 and the new comer T-Peos H-100 and I tell you what, H-100 basically leave MK2 in the dust. I know this is going to upset a few out there but it's time to face reality. I've run a few tests back / forth, I'm confident in saying as far as bass response, separation, clarity, dynamics, treble response, mid range detail, depth, imaging presentation goes H-100 pretty much has this in the bag. It's just such a higher resolution it's almost not really comparable imo. I'll let others be the judge to further confirm, but I know right now after testing them who wins here. :wink:

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #4,315 of 7,982
I tell you what kiddies, I was just doing some comparisons between GR07 MK2 and the new comer T-Peos H-100 and I tell you what, H-100 basically leave MK2 in the dust. I know this is going to upset a few out there but it's time to face reality. I've run a few tests back / forth, I'm confident in saying as far as bass response, separation, clarity, dynamics, treble response, mid range detail, depth, imaging presentation goes H-100 pretty much has this in the bag. It's just such a higher resolution it's almost not really comparable imo. I'll let others be the judge to further confirm, but I know right now after testing them who wins here. :wink:

Are the mids recessed compared to the mk2?

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #4,316 of 7,982
Are the mids recessed compared to the mk2?

Well H-100 are behaving differently in their mid range with different sources, more so than anything I've tried before.

Using a ipod touch 2G with them both now yes, the H-100 mids are slightly recessed compared, it's mostly vocals this is noticeable.

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #4,318 of 7,982
Where can I pick up a pair of the H-100s?

If you're interested you need to email Shinwoo the manufacturer directly, because their site isn't in English.

Cheaper than the ebay seller some earlier members purchased through.

Follow this post.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread/225#post_8825061

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #4,319 of 7,982
Quote:
If you're interested you need to email Shinwoo the manufacturer directly, because their site isn't in English.
Cheaper than the ebay seller some earlier members purchased through.
Follow this post.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread/225#post_8825061

I was astonished the first time I saw the H100's response graph. It seems to have the best treble extension of all IEM's, universals and customs, ever made. I would hypothesize that it must have great treble quality. Any words in that regard, especially in comparison to the gr07's treble?

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #4,320 of 7,982
Hello guys, I bought gr07 mk2 few weeks ago.
Everything is as expected and described by members in this forum and you helped me a lot .
I just want to mention that it s easy to wear them down and it's more comfortable like that without reversing channels of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back