VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #3,812 of 7,982
Quote:
Be warned, these are not a 'wow' IEM. Especially out of the box.

You can say that again.  After my first listen I thought, 'meh'.  Now, after a couple of weeks, I absolutely love the GR07.   

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #3,814 of 7,982
Quote:

I don't think there is a better package in the iem world that combines price, performance, comfort, and pick-up-and-go-ability.

I wholeheartedly agree. 

The TF10 does offer price and performance, but you can forget about comfort and pick-up-and-go-ability.    I would only suggest the TF10 for stationary listening, like in an office or similar setting.    If you can get the right fit then the TF10s can make for a great commuting IEM since they do isolate better than the GR07...but very few can get the perfect fit with the TF10.

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #3,815 of 7,982
I wholeheartedly agree. 

The TF10 does offer price and performance, but you can forget about comfort and pick-up-and-go-ability.    I would only suggest the TF10 for stationary listening, like in an office or similar setting.    If you can get the right fit then the TF10s can make for a great commuting IEM since they do isolate better than the GR07...but very few can get the perfect fit with the TF10.

That's why TF10 work well for me, I listen stationary and probably wouldn't consider wearing them outside. Luckily I can achieve a perfect fit with them, even more so since purchasing my new cable. Because the ear hoops are already moulded they allow a lot of flexibility over the dreaded stock memory wire. I could almost call them comfortable, but they have nothing on GRO7 in terms of comfort. But their sensitivity at 32ohms is very easy to drive, more so than anything else I've heard.

I still believe amping GRO7 is the best way to go. They don't perform for me especially well otherwise unless I'm listening at low volumes (Cowon S9) Using an E11 with EQ1 adds the body they need for rock and metal genre's, I would say amped their mid range although different has a better tone of clarity for vocals over TF10.

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #3,816 of 7,982
First post! Been lurking for a while.

Anyway, I just picked up a pair of GR07s from lendmeurears.com locally. Is there really a need to burn in these IEMs? I've been listening to them out of the box and so far they already sound great to me. Not much of the sibilance which has been reported.

My other IEMs are the Sennheiser IE80 and the Klipsch Image X10, so is there anything that I'm missing from a lack of experience?

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #3,817 of 7,982
First post! Been lurking for a while.

Anyway, I just picked up a pair of GR07s from lendmeurears.com locally. Is there really a need to burn in these IEMs? I've been listening to them out of the box and so far they already sound great to me. Not much of the sibilance which has been reported.

My other IEMs are the Sennheiser IE80 and the Klipsch Image X10, so is there anything that I'm missing from a lack of experience?

Welcome to the GRO7 fortress.

Burn them in for 150 - 200 hours, that's what my seller told me so I went ahead with it, many others report changes with GRO7 in-particularly breaking them in. Overall I found separation seemed to improve, the highs settle in and clarity needed time to open up. More or less they need hours to settle because of the bio-cellulose diaphragms which will relax over time. Don't worry though, sound on mine has only improved over the first month of ownership. Listen to them normally but when you have time let them burn which you know how to do yes? An warmish amp won't hurt either later down the track.

Klipsch X10 is a great IEM I sometimes regret selling them.

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #3,818 of 7,982
Hey thanks!

As for burn in, well, I only know what I've been told, namely; play a song (preferably with drums/bass) on repeat at slightly higher than listening volume. Anything I'm missing?

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #3,819 of 7,982
Hey thanks!

As for burn in, well, I only know what I've been told, namely; play a song (preferably with drums/bass) on repeat at slightly higher than listening volume. Anything I'm missing?

Yes, you're half way there. Play an album on repeat though or even better a playlist ranging in genre's. There's no real right or wrong way. You want to try and use as many frequency's possible to exercise the drivers. I usually burn for 12 hours at a time then let them rest for 30 minutes changing albums next session. Set the volume just a little louder as you said, probably 3/4 is a good to go off.

It sure is an experience, took me about a week to get decent hours up.

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #3,821 of 7,982
Quote:

Nuh uh.  I was wow'd right out of the box and never looked back.  I use them almost exclusively.  Anyone want to buy a mint Westone 4?

Won't mind trading with a pair of mint GR07 
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #3,822 of 7,982
Oh no, it looks like my pair has finally decided to break!  Both sides are barely putting out any sound at all, it seems to me like the problem is probably in the plug...but no amount of wiggling it around seems to help.  Not really sure where to go for the warranty, since VSonic doesn't respond to emails it seems and I doubt I'll be able to track down the taobao seller I bought them from in the first place!  I wonder if somewhere like lendmeurears would be able to help me with that...

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #3,825 of 7,982
Quote:
That's why TF10 work well for me, I listen stationary and probably wouldn't consider wearing them outside. Luckily I can achieve a perfect fit with them, even more so since purchasing my new cable. Because the ear hoops are already moulded they allow a lot of flexibility over the dreaded stock memory wire. I could almost call them comfortable, but they have nothing on GRO7 in terms of comfort. But their sensitivity at 32ohms is very easy to drive, more so than anything else I've heard.

I'll try the same cable you got when I get another pair of TF10s.    Even if the cable sucks, it will be 100 times better than the stock one.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back