VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #3,751 of 7,982
I told you so! :D

Have you considered the Sony MDR-7550? These seem to be very interesting (even more, if I hadn't just bought the RE-262)... :veryevil:

I'm still contemplating. :p I was reading some impressions today which turned me off EX600 a little, sibilance I don't need, I also have my doubts it can better GRO7. I've seen MDR-7550 mentioned but I can only find it on ebay for $260 plus. I don't want to spend that much at this point, anything I buy this time round would come from the FS section and needs to hold resale value. I don't know...I'm thinking just save for one ultimate purchase because I'm happy enough with GRO7. That damn itch putente!!

I have GRO7 going atm with my E10, I just love them. :etysmile:

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #3,752 of 7,982
Yes, those MDR-7550 are $100 above the GR07 and I'm not even sure they're better... In my case, I went for the RE-262 because it has a completely different sound signature, and supposedly they have one of the best mids among the IEM realm. If they where similar to the GR07, I wouldn't have bought them at all! What are you looking for in your next IEM? 

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #3,753 of 7,982
I've considered RE-262 aswell, the 150ohm impedance turns me off a little. it would be a sure crime in turn making me purchase another portable amp. While I enjoy my E11 I understand it's limitations in SQ, I can't justify the purchase plugging into the E10 whenever I want to use RE-262, I heard reports Cowon J3 gets less than 10 hours running them.

What I'm looking for is something that excels in soundstage width, decent depth, separation and imaging, with there about's the same clarity of TF10, though preferably with a natural timbre over TF10's metallic signature. :cool:

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #3,754 of 7,982
Quote:
I've considered RE-262 aswell, the 150ohm impedance turns me off a little. it would be a sure crime in turn making me purchase another portable amp. While I enjoy my E11 I understand it's limitations in SQ, I can't justify the purchase plugging into the E10 whenever I want to use RE-262, I heard reports Cowon J3 gets less than 10 hours running them.
What I'm looking for is something that excels in soundstage width, decent depth, separation and imaging, with there about's the same clarity of TF10, though preferably with a natural timbre over TF10's metallic signature.
cool.gif

Well, even if it's far from being the best SQ portable amp around, the E11 can drive the 150Ohm RE-262 with ease for sure! You could look at the RE-272, which has 20 Ohm impedance, and will excel in most of those areas you're looking for, but it's price is similar to the MDR-7550... 
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #3,755 of 7,982
Quote:
Guy's.
I'm thinking of picking up some EX600's. I was wondering if anyone's heard both GRO7 / EX600 and can tell me what to expect? Would I be wasting my time doing this, is it considered a side grade? GRO7 are currently my main IEM, I've come to really love the timbre, presentation and balance through my Cowon S9 but I crave for something different. I can't wait any longer for GRO8 (which I will still buy)
What are your thoughts, worth it? ..

I've had GR07 / EX600 / EX1000 at the same time (since sold the EX600).  If it weren't for the poorer isolation and funny shape of the EX (preventing me from going to sleep with them), I would prefer them.  As it is I find the GR07 my go to  IEM.  If I'm going to sit at my desk, I end up with full HPs rather than the EX1000.  But then, I hated and sold my Cowon J3, so what do I know?  :wink:

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #3,756 of 7,982
I've had GR07 / EX600 / EX1000 at the same time (since sold the EX600).  If it weren't for the poorer isolation and funny shape of the EX (preventing me from going to sleep with them), I would prefer them.  As it is I find the GR07 my go to  IEM.  If I'm going to sit at my desk, I end up with full HPs rather than the EX1000.  But then, I hated and sold my Cowon J3, so what do I know?  :wink:

That's ok, I've hated my S9 and 'almost' sold it several times. It's taken me two and a half months to appreciate it, (which could change tomorrow) so no harm done ridding of your J3, I completely understand. I've been doing some more reading about EX600 tonight and I think I'll give it a go. Apart of me has a good feeling about them, as long as the price is right, I can easily resale like many others before her.

Cheers. :smile:

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #3,759 of 7,982
Aug 7, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #3,762 of 7,982
I've had the gr07s just last week and I'm on my 80th hour, I just have to tell you guys these are so great I've had a few goosebumps everyday relistening to old tracks. My 6 month old westone 1s just can't hold a candle to these vsonics. Even less talented singers sound good with these on. just a question,since I'm still technically in burn in  phase,should I be using fiio e6 with my htc desire s/galax6 tab 10.1? my clip+ is still with a postman somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back