VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #3,616 of 7,982
There was another very well written review where the reviewer slightly preferred the GR07 to the DBA so it's a preference thing. Hard to go wrong with either. My only negs on them were the not horrible sibilance and the last bit of resolution but only compared to the very best. They're more natural sounding than some others that the reviewer preferred because he values res but you may not like the same trade offs and the res is good. I think you'll be happy enough with them and the top extension is there. If they smoothed out the peak up there without just more resistance, they'll sound even more extended.

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #3,617 of 7,982
Bought GR07 but after reading head fi, i noticed mine not MKII, so decided to return it(buy from amazon thats why its not the latest version), but anyway i really blown by the sound, the sound is incredible out of the box.. to my ears my TF10 with stock cable, Chris Himself cable and Fiio cable also cannot compete with GR07, it just really fantastic. I will buy new one from lendmeurears website after got my refund~ cannot wait to see what the difference will it be with more silver added~lol..feels like selling all my other iem~ sounds exagerating but to my ears(and most of people i think), GR07 is really awesome~ oh and i'm noob here, so please be nice to me~
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #3,618 of 7,982
had the tf10, dba02 and vsonic

i prefer dba due to the clarity but i have the mk2 of the vsonic on hand, though will be selling them since I have pfe and though they aren't the same leagure imo, they are cheaper

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #3,619 of 7,982
Quote:

i prefer dba due to the clarity but i have the mk2 of the vsonic on hand, though will be selling them since I have pfe and though they aren't the same leagure imo, they are cheaper

It took me 3 tries to make sense of this 
redface.gif

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #3,620 of 7,982
Quote:

Quote:

It took me 3 tries to make sense of this 
redface.gif

and need me to read his and yours and his again...
smile.gif

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #3,621 of 7,982
http://www.head-fi.org/t/558092/vsonic-gr07-exquisitely-balanced

so this review seems to give the impression that they lack detail, treble response, and soundstage!  also compares them to a number of other IEMs including the DBA-02 and they almost all fare better.  now i have one of these on the way and thinking i made a bad choice.  thinking i should have went with the DBA-02 instead.

any comparisons to shure se215 and apple dual driver iems, and how they would fare against them? (the two i'm probably most familiar with)

guess i can always return them if i'm not happy (bought through amazon instead of the ebay site as i was impatient, but at least it should be less of a hassle)

they lack detail:

Yes, compared to something like TF10 or DBA-02 they lack some "micro detailing". When I say "micro" I mean the tiniest little things that usually aren't heard anyway unless specifically using an IEM built for exposure. GRO7 try to express these little sections and they're there in the presentation but will not jump out out like TF10 display them.

treble response

I would say that is false. GRO7 have some of the best treble response I have heard in any IEM. Always awake fully aware with a sound even balanced armature can't pull off. It's fully extended. If GRO7 lack in micro detailing they sure make up for it in treble.

and soundstage

In depth I can agree they lack somewhat, Width no, they're much wider than anything I've heard including TF10.

Jul 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #3,622 of 7,982
The top has a bit too much of a hot spot to 'sound' extended or as detailed as the best. I get better microdeatiling not only from IEMs designed for that purpose but from just very good ones or even the best home setups (speakers). Just saying so makes it sound like these don't have a great amount of information or are very hot and neither is the case. Ufortunately when you describe something, minor attributes become overstated. Just a really good phone. (MKI, haven't heard a MkII)

Jul 21, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #3,623 of 7,982
I'd like to try some TF10s but I would have to know exactly why some people don't get a proper fit with them. I apparently have pretty large ear canals...so that's no problem...I am most worried about the angle of the fit and the contact with the back of the outer ear. :xf_eek:

Unfortunately I value comfort pretty much at the same level I value the sound...that is why I've kept the phonaks and the yams even though I don't necessarily agree with the sound sig totally.

Jul 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #3,626 of 7,982
i already bought from amazon and it's already delivered and waiting, from gateshop.  on amazon it said they were the new version, but from what i hear it probably isn't.  go me for making boneheaded mistakes.

only reason i got it there instead of lendmeurears was cause i was impatient and didn't want to wait two or more weeks (though it's coming a day late due to another mixup on my part).  i'm probably too lazy/impatient to return them if they are the old version; would it really be worth it?

i'm also risking personal fiduciary complications because of this but i should survive, lol

Jul 22, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #3,629 of 7,982
got them, listening to Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden, had a few so probably not in the best condition to judge them lol but so far they're sounding pretty glorious.  the stock tips that were on them seem pretty isolating,  smaller than i expected! but quite comfortable.

"Desire" is pretty effin amazing :rock:

the box was beat up as others reported but at least it's MKII!!!

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #3,630 of 7,982
got them, listening to Spirit of Eden, had a few so probably not in the best condition to judge them lol but so far they're sounding pretty glorious.  the stock tips that were on them seem pretty isolating,  smaller than i expected! but quite comfortable.

"Desire" is pretty effin amazing :rock:

the box was beat up as others reported but at least it's MKII!!!

Great! Even better for you... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back