VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #3,556 of 7,982
My GRO7 love has recently been taken over by TF10 instrument separation . :rolleyes: You'll probably find me in that thread instead now. :xf_eek: That's not to say I won't be back again! That's the problem when using a few IEM's that can compete against each other. There's a very fine line between 1st and 2nd place sometimes. Until I find something GRO7 does better, I'm heading over there to the TF10 thread.

Tally Ho! :tongue_smile:

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #3,557 of 7,982
You'll be back! 
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #3,565 of 7,982
Quote:
I cant decide between the gr07 MK2's or the TF-10's this is soo frustrating!!!

Having owned both (although not at the same time), that's a no brainer for me..  Hint... I no longer own the TF-10's.  I couldn't stand their "Frankenstein" like fit, lack of comfort, recessed mids or the artificial sounding highs.  Just my opinion...

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #3,566 of 7,982
I have both, right in front of me. :smile:

The treble on GRO7 MKII is far more extended and actually tickles your eardrums (in a good way) there's some real slam in the upper treble regions, while TF10's entire signature sounds like it has a metallic filter laced over it which resembles being in HD. I don't find the mids too recessed, I feel TF10 have better bass impact though GRO7 go lower. I can't tell you which one to purchase as having them both I myself argue daily which one's better. Only two days ago I liked TF10 more, then today I'm back on the GRO7 MKII.

Just buy them both imo. :tongue_smile:

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #3,568 of 7,982
if i buy through lendmeurears on ebay is it just the flat $159.99 if i'm buying in the US, or might there be some additional customs fee/etc to pay?

also anyone can compare these to Monster Trumpet in particular?  Heard good things about it here, though i know it's not incredibly popular, and I get a damn good discount on it at work.  if someone has experience with both gr07 and monster trumpet how do they compare in detail/clarity/soundstage and overall signature?  how would gr07 compare to other monster iems in turbine series and the tributes?  thanks.

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #3,569 of 7,982
I have had my GR07 for 3 months now and I love them.  I use to own to the IE8 but after it broke i decided to get something new as I wanted somthing with less midd bass and better trebles which the GR07 fitted.

The only problem with the GR07 is it can sound thin at times.  On my Sony X-series I use with flat EQ but with ClearBass at +1 to give it a warmer sound as on 0 it just sounds thin.   Thing I love most about the GR07 is I do not need to EQ the trebles as it is perfect sound at flat, with the IE8 I had to always boost the trebles to make the sound brighter.

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #3,570 of 7,982
Quote:
if i buy through lendmeurears on ebay is it just the flat $159.99 if i'm buying in the US, or might there be some additional customs fee/etc to pay?

also anyone can compare these to Monster Trumpet in particular?  Heard good things about it here, though i know it's not incredibly popular, and I get a damn good discount on it at work.  if someone has experience with both gr07 and monster trumpet how do they compare in detail/clarity/soundstage and overall signature?  how would gr07 compare to other monster iems in turbine series and the tributes?  thanks.

It's the flat price. I've yet to pay customs on anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back