VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #3,542 of 7,982
Quote:
Thought I'd take a few minutes to express the inner love for my GRO7 MKII. 

Since owning my pair they have around 175 hours on them which was done using a rockboxed ipod nano during silent hours of the night. The bond between us is now strong having time to become acquainted, I don't feel we'll be separated anytime soon. My TF10 now laying dormant in a draw, EPH-100 right beside them in a fake beats by dre carry case, neither seeing the light of day. These are the closest IEM I've had that I can run on near flat EQ and enjoy their sound, only bumping bass a few DB / highs a touch for extra clarity, apart from that my EQ is semi neutral, (I've never had that before) I don't feel the bass has firmed really since open box, though they're certainly smoother up stairs. I have no itch to make another purchase like before, I feel right now I've found the exact sound I'm looking for, a sound I thought I'd discovered in EPH-100 previously. 

They respond well to amping, can be driven to high volumes, the cable is perfect, comfortable and offer a sound that reminds me of in house speakers, all in a tiny portable package.

Listening Source: Sansa Clip+ + Fiio L8 + Fiio E11 !

Lots of love here right now for Vsonic. 
smile.gif

Hehe, let yourself cool down a bit, then go back to others like the eph or tf10 for some time. Might end up in a very complicated relationship.

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #3,545 of 7,982
I would say about 5% with my Fiio E7. What it did was provide a clean source for my music as a DAC, so details and everything improved. I would imagine the amp to power it properly too, but I don't really know much. The difference between the same music with my Cowon C2 and from my laptop to the E7 is there.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #3,546 of 7,982
thanks for the imput guys. my computer's soundcard is horrendous and i needed a better dac and amp to use with my computer so i got a fairly powerful portable amp/dac to find that it works superbly well with my larger cans but sounds only slightly better than an itouch when the gr07 which scared me a little. good to know its not uncommon tho. =)

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #3,547 of 7,982
As a rule of thumb, amps generally don't transform an IEM, they just make the volume louder and bring in more detail and control. The GR07 is also a pretty efficient IEM. you don't need much amping, if at all, but a good source is a must.

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #3,548 of 7,982
Update on my situation:

I received the correct ones in the mail on Saturday, and the ebay seller included a 1/8 1/4 adapter as well as a circular hard shell case. They are indeed the MkII as per the box and the styling of the cable shapers for the ears.

Also, they sound FANTASTIC.

That is all.

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #3,549 of 7,982
Update on my situation:

I received the correct ones in the mail on Saturday, and the ebay seller included a 1/8 1/4 adapter as well as a circular hard shell case. They are indeed the MkII as per the box and the styling of the cable shapers for the ears.

Also, they sound FANTASTIC.

That is all.

I didn't get a ciruclar hardshell case. :rolleyes: I got the adapter. How about the letter wishing you and your family the best? Did you get one of those, I did. :wink:

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #3,550 of 7,982
Quote:
I didn't get a ciruclar hardshell case.
rolleyes.gif
I got the adapter. How about the letter wishing you and your family the best? Did you get one of those, I did.
wink.gif

I'm jelly. I didn't get the letter although I got the hardshell case per request.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #3,551 of 7,982
Quote:
how much do you guys find the GR07 benefits from an amp/dac?

11% Increase Using Fiio E-11 (No but seriously, an excellent investment)

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #3,552 of 7,982
Jul 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #3,553 of 7,982
iPod Classic 5th Gen output (or any crappy output) doesn't do the thing justice. I have a Fiio e7 that I use with my PC, and they sound fantastic through it. I'm getting a e17/e9 combo in a few days, I'll let you know how they sound through that behemoth.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #3,555 of 7,982
Quote:
iPod Classic 5th Gen output (or any crappy output) doesn't do the thing justice. I have a Fiio e7 that I use with my PC, and they sound fantastic through it. I'm getting a e17/e9 combo in a few days, I'll let you know how they sound through that behemoth.

What about the purchasing the new updated version E09k?

Also are you planning to use the E9 with the GR07?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back