VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #3,511 of 7,982
Quote:
Don't worry, i'm sure it's a mistake. If you look at the feedback the only thing this guy was selling overseas was GR06's and GR07's. Easily a mix-up as both look similar.

I got this email from the seller not long after contacting him. He was very apologetic, and is letting me keep the GR-06s, which I may just pawn off to a friend to recoop some money. I can see it was an honest mistake, and I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get the correct ones.

"Thank you for telling us first. We are so sorry about this matter.We are checking the waybill and shipped item. If we shipped a wrong headphone actually, we will send the correct item you bought immediately.At the same time,the GR06 will be given to you as a compensation for your waiting. So, could you please kindly take several photos about the earphone you received? If it is ok, please put the headphone in the packing box first,then photograph the frontage and left side of the packing box so that we can check the item and the numbers in the left side of box. Finally, please send these photos to our emailbox(yjjishwj@sina.com). Thank you very much for your kindness and patience."

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #3,512 of 7,982
Quote:

I got this email from the seller not long after contacting him. He was very apologetic, and is letting me keep the GR-06s, which I may just pawn off to a friend to recoop some money. I can see it was an honest mistake, and I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get the correct ones.

"Thank you for telling us first. We are so sorry about this matter.We are checking the waybill and shipped item. If we shipped a wrong headphone actually, we will send the correct item you bought immediately.At the same time,the GR06 will be given to you as a compensation for your waiting. So, could you please kindly take several photos about the earphone you received? If it is ok, please put the headphone in the packing box first,then photograph the frontage and left side of the packing box so that we can check the item and the numbers in the left side of box. Finally, please send these photos to our emailbox(yjjishwj@sina.com). Thank you very much for your kindness and patience."

I had a funny feeling he would let you keep the GRO6. Good to see everything's being worked out quickly for you. What a shame he stopped selling internationally. Although an error has occured in the long run you will end up with the better deal. You could even sell the GRO6 here lowering your final GRO7 price.  

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #3,513 of 7,982
Quote:
I had a funny feeling he would let you keep the GRO6. Good to see everything's being worked out quickly for you. What a shame he stopped selling internationally. Although an error has occured in the long run you will end up with the better deal. You could even sell the GRO6 here lowering your final GRO7 price.  

That's what I'm probably going to do. He said it was actually the shipper's fault. They sent my 07 to a guy in britain and I got his 06.

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #3,514 of 7,982
Quote:
Does anyone know how the fit/comfort is when using the gr07 with the cable straight down? I have been having problems with my glasses and over the ear style IEMs so I want to make sure the next pair I get can be used well with the straight down cable. Might the gr01 be better for this type of wear? 

Yes, you can wear them straight down. That's how I used mine, but just at home. To get a better fit and look, it's required to swap sides (L/R -> R/L), but then you need to invert sides at the source or get an special adapter cable for that purpose... 
rolleyes.gif

About the GR01, they were designed to use straight down (but can also be used over the ear), so they're better for that than the GR07... 
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #3,515 of 7,982
Quote:

That's what I'm probably going to do. He said it was actually the shipper's fault. They sent my 07 to a guy in britain and I got his 06.

WAHHH! Wow, I get screwed and you get a free pair of r06's, I really messed up.
Quote:

Whenever I read a story like this, I always have to ask:  Did you actually buy the product from Amazon, or from someone that sells via Amazon?  Every time I have asked this question, the answer is always an "Amazon Marketplace" or "Fulfilled by Amazon" dealer - which is really not Amazon...

Gate shop was the dealer that amazon used. I only buy from Amazon directly or fulfilled by as the policies are the same, it doesn't really matter, the fact is that people are getting free pairs of phones here to make up for mistakes, and what will amazon do? Nothing.

Ok, so I tried them out and...cool at first, then I get two cut outs on the left earbud. Hasn't happened since and I can't make it happen, even a little, so what do I do? Return? What tips do you recommend?

Jul 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #3,520 of 7,982
Does any one know what the difference is betwween the "gr07 Flagship version" the "gr07 proffesional" and the "gr07 MKII" is in terms of sound because I am looking to buy a pair and the MKII's are more than the pros and so on.

Is it worth the step up in cost? Is there a difference?  Im confused haha

thanks

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #3,521 of 7,982
hey, everyone, i need help. i bought my gr07's off someone off here about 7 or 8 months ago, i can't quite remember. anyway, today, the sound in my left earpiece went out. well, not out entirely. i can still hear faint noise, but it's significantly lower than the right earpiece. what are my options here? is it possible to send these back to vsonic for repair? should i try cleaning the filter? if so, does anyone have detailed instructions on how to do that? any other suggestions would be appreciated. but i'm afraid it looks like i'm gonna have to buy some cheapo earphones in the meantime and then either buy the new gr07 mk2's later on. does anyone have a cheap suggestion for something with a junior version of the gr07 sound signature? thanks a lot.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #3,522 of 7,982
Quote:
hey, everyone, i need help. i bought my gr07's off someone off here about 7 or 8 months ago, i can't quite remember. anyway, today, the sound in my left earpiece went out. well, not out entirely. i can still hear faint noise, but it's significantly lower than the right earpiece. what are my options here? is it possible to send these back to vsonic for repair? should i try cleaning the filter? if so, does anyone have detailed instructions on how to do that? any other suggestions would be appreciated. but i'm afraid it looks like i'm gonna have to buy some cheapo earphones in the meantime and then either buy the new gr07 mk2's later on. does anyone have a cheap suggestion for something with a junior version of the gr07 sound signature? thanks a lot.

I've read about this happening before. Often it's because wax builds up over the grill. Take the little clip out by using some tweezers to pinch it (very important) > when you're taking the clip out wrap the earphone up inside a shirt so it's surrounded by cloth this protects the clip from flying away. They can fly off in any direction, by using a shirt it can't go very far. Remove the grill cleaning it with some warm soapy water or metho letting it dry before replacing it.  

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #3,523 of 7,982
Quote:
I've read about this happening before. Often it's because wax builds up over the grill. Take the little clip out by using some tweezers to pinch it (very important) > when you're taking the clip out wrap the earphone up inside a shirt so it's surrounded by cloth this protects the clip from flying away. They can fly off in any direction, by using a shirt it can't go very far. Remove the grill cleaning it with some warm soapy water or metho letting it dry before replacing it.  

it's strange, because they were working last night. and they don't look particularly waxy. so, the little clip is attached to the grill, correct? so i just pinch the little clip inside the nozzle, pull it and clean and stick back in? i hope that works, because these are the perfect earphones for me. i don't mind buying another pair, but i'm stretched for money at the moment, unfortunately.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #3,524 of 7,982
Quote:

it's strange, because they were working last night. and they don't look particularly waxy. so, the little clip is attached to the grill, correct? so i just pinch the little clip inside the nozzle, pull it and clean and stick back in? i hope that works, because these are the perfect earphones for me. i don't mind buying another pair, but i'm stretched for money at the moment, unfortunately.

The little clip holds the grill in the place, once you remove it the grill will simply fall out. I'm not saying this is the cure, but it's worth a try. 

Make sure you do this inside a T-Shirt!! If that clip goes flying you'll be hard up find it.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #3,525 of 7,982
Quote:
The little clip holds the grill in the place, once you remove it the grill will simply fall out. I'm not saying this is the cure, but it's worth a try. 

Make sure you do this inside a T-Shirt!! If that clip goes flying you'll be hard up find it.

so, just to clarify. i pinch the clip, and remove it. grill comes out. then i stick the grill back in? and the clip as well? it's a bit confusing, haha.

on a random note, i see you have the mk2's. do they sound at all better than the old gr07's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back