VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 2, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #3,496 of 7,982
Quote:
And as ljokerl said in his GRO7 review: What a glorious sound it is!  
wink.gif

Indeed... 
beerchug.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #3,497 of 7,982
Quote:
Yes, I have actually used a Fiio E11 with great results, sound stage opened up, separation become apparent over all presenting more alive. I think I said in this thread? it was the solution to making my Cowon player seem worth the money. I was actually using that set up as my rig for a while setting volume on the Cowon to 28 and connecting the amp, results were pretty impressive. For example my GRO7 haven't the same clarity and body without the amp. Through the Cowon alone it starts to sound very thin around 26 volume. Add the amp and they become completely different IEM's.   

Very cool to read this - I have a J3 as well, and E11s are very reasonably priced. I'll have to test this out at my local shop - if I have a similar experience, it's a no-brainer. GR07s sounding better thanks to a cheap amp? Yes, please!

Jul 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #3,498 of 7,982
i'm currently running this through a hybrid 6922 amp that's been talked about here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/402067/a-super-simple-6dj8-headphone-amp/405#post_8492635

i swapped out the output cap to something more suitable to mind the low impedance of gr07.

the dynamics haven't improved, that is the phones don't 'open up' like higher impedance cans do with proper amp. but they do benefit in other areas- detail and extension. i can now feel the bass moving my eardrums, and mid/high is simply sublime, i'd say as good as my beat up akg271, in a much smaller scale. so to answer my old question- yes, the iem does respond to better amplification. 

Jul 2, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #3,499 of 7,982
Just a heads up, got my package from amazon a few minutes ago and they are the silver version. Kinda pissed as I wanted the black and essentially paid 50 dollars more than lendmeyourears for that reason and cause it states in the description new model. (I was thinking MK2...but just meant not the old version, this was my bad, misread) Now went to place order at LMYEs to return these and wait for those and they are gone. :frowning2: I guess I'm stuck with these now. Oh and I'm not allowed to listen to them until my tomorrow, my b-day 
eek.gif
 EDIT: the package is crap also, the buds are marked a bit and dirty and there is dust and pieces of styrofoam on the inside of the plastic cover. The OE is mostly to blame IMO as its just a crappy package...still disappointed in the seller/amazon for screwing up item description...once again.

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #3,500 of 7,982
Quote:
Just a heads up, got my package from amazon a few minutes ago and they are the silver version. Kinda pissed as I wanted the black and essentially paid 50 dollars more than lendmeyourears for that reason and cause it states in the description new model. (I was thinking MK2...but just meant not the old version, this was my bad, misread) Now went to place order at LMYEs to return these and wait for those and they are gone. :frowning2: I guess I'm stuck with these now. Oh and I'm not allowed to listen to them until my tomorrow, my b-day 
eek.gif
 EDIT: the package is crap also, the buds are marked a bit and dirty and there is dust and pieces of styrofoam on the inside of the plastic cover. The OE is mostly to blame IMO as its just a crappy package...still disappointed in the seller/amazon for screwing up item description...once again.

I'm sorry to hear that. I remember we spoke recently via PM, if I knew you were going for GRO7 I would of directed you to the seller I bought my bought my black MKII from for $146 Aus. 
redface.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #3,501 of 7,982
Quote:
Very cool to read this - I have a J3 as well, and E11s are very reasonably priced. I'll have to test this out at my local shop - if I have a similar experience, it's a no-brainer. GR07s sounding better thanks to a cheap amp? Yes, please!

I recommend giving it a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #3,502 of 7,982
I think I was the last person to purchase a gr07 from him from abroad, as the sale ended 5 hours later. The earphones are apparently very popular in China so he decided to stop selling them internationally :3

He is a very polite and pleasant seller. I'm awaiting delivery :p

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #3,503 of 7,982
Quote:
I think I was the last person to purchase a gr07 from him from abroad, as the sale ended 5 hours later. The earphones are apparently very popular in China so he decided to stop selling them internationally :3

He is a very polite and pleasant seller. I'm awaiting delivery :p

Wow! I was unaware of that. You got really lucky Steven. I just double checked the listing and it's all over! Faaaar out! Not relisted either. 

He was a great guy!

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #3,504 of 7,982
Does anyone know how the fit/comfort is when using the gr07 with the cable straight down? I have been having problems with my glasses and over the ear style IEMs so I want to make sure the next pair I get can be used well with the straight down cable. Might the gr01 be better for this type of wear? 

Jul 2, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #3,505 of 7,982
Quote:
eek.gif

Whenever I read a story like this, I always have to ask:  Did you actually buy the product from Amazon, or from someone that sells via Amazon?  Every time I have asked this question, the answer is always an "Amazon Marketplace" or "Fulfilled by Amazon" dealer - which is really not Amazon...

Jul 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #3,506 of 7,982
Quote:
Wow! I was unaware of that. You got really lucky Steven. I just double checked the listing and it's all over! Faaaar out! Not relisted either. 

He was a great guy!

Hopefully he still has them in stock, the inept but kind man sent me the GR06 instead of the GR07. Sent him a message, I'm waiting for a response. If I don't get one in 36 or so hours, I'm disputing the payment, and taking my business elsewhere.

Jul 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #3,507 of 7,982
Quote:

Hopefully he still has them in stock, the inept but kind man sent me the GR06 instead of the GR07. Sent him a message, I'm waiting for a response. If I don't get one in 36 or so hours, I'm disputing the payment, and taking my business elsewhere.

oh geez...we'll I hope I don't open the package and see gr06 imprinted as well... -_-

Jul 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #3,508 of 7,982
Quote:

Oh no, that is tragic, I'm sure he'll be more than understanding considering your situation. I'm guessing someone out there who ordered GRO6 will receive your pair of GRO7.

Please let us know the outcome. 

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #3,509 of 7,982
Quote:
Oh no, that is tragic, I'm sure he'll be more than understanding considering your situation. I'm guessing some out there who ordered GRO6 will receive your pair of GRO7.

Please let us know the outcome. 

That's what I'm hoping. I'm fairly sure it was an honest mistake, as you obviously got the correct one, as did others. Plus, he was very kind. Fingers crossed.

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #3,510 of 7,982
Don't worry, i'm sure it's a mistake. If you look at the feedback the only thing this guy was selling overseas was GR06's and GR07's. Easily a mix-up as both look similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back