VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jun 29, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #3,436 of 7,982
I've got the ASG-1 (1.1) on loan and am starting to enjoy them (with EQ) and your right they do kick drum very well.

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #3,437 of 7,982
I got my GR07's, I loved the sound. Then they broke after a month of use (its the wire to jack part that has gone funny). The warrenty card is in chinese so I need to know what it says. I tried contacting Vsonic but they did not help. Can anybody help me with the warrenty process?

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #3,438 of 7,982
Quote:
I got my GR07's, I loved the sound. Then they broke after a month of use (its the wire to jack part that has gone funny). The warrenty card is in chinese so I need to know what it says. I tried contacting Vsonic but they did not help. Can anybody help me with the warrenty process?

I guess you should try the seller first about the warranty, no? 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #3,439 of 7,982
I contacted the seller first. The GR07's were sealed when I got them and had a jaben sticker. However the ebay seller has closed there account so I have no choice but to go through vsonic.

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #3,440 of 7,982
Quote:
Not that I know of... Drums do really come alive through these little things! And this was the main reason I initially went for the GR07... 
beerchug.gif

Oh man, I can't wait to listen to so good old fashioned DnB, and some House too. But Tool will certainly be a priority. First song to listen to though.... I usually de-virginize all my headphones  with Master of Puppets in FLAC, but I'm thinking this one might deserve something newer, like Congorock - Babylon.... (which, by the way, is a fantastic blend of drums, treble melodies, and a turn-your-bones-to-jello drop)

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #3,441 of 7,982
To those who purchased the mk2 version over ebay, is the warranty extended as they said they would (2 years)?

Also what case came with the product? I understand there is a soft one and a clam hard shell.

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #3,442 of 7,982
Quote:
To those who purchased the mk2 version over ebay, is the warranty extended as they said they would (2 years)?

Also what case came with the product? I understand there is a soft one and a clam hard shell.

I haven't received mine yet, but I was told I would be receiving both.

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #3,443 of 7,982
Quote:

Here is a direct quote from the seller. I was asking if it was the same as the ones on Amazon.com:
"
Dear conrthomas,

Dear conrthomas:

Thank you for paying attention to our item.

Actually, the earphone sold in Amazon looks like an old edition GR07 Pro which was released 2 years ago, whereas our item is GR07 MK2 which is the latest edition released recently. If you compare our pictures with theirs you may find there are some differences in the logo and color of wire as the designer use more silver in the wire of new edition. So, the sound of MK2 is more clear and articulate than 07 Pro. And we will also give you a shell case as a present.

It should be noted that the the MK2 will show its full potential after run-in 300 hours.At the same time, as a cool sound earphone, a warm sound amplifier will be beneficial to its use.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you again and great day!

Yours Sincerely
SonicKingAudion1986

[size=10pt] - sonickingaudio1986[/size]
[size=10pt] "[/size]

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #3,444 of 7,982
- I just bought the old Vsonic GR07 ><. Should have waited for the MK2!  But happy to say, it came from Singapore to Canada really quickly and without crazy scary fees :D.
- BUT, canadapost decided to put the item in my mail box even though the tracking # said I needed to sign so I didn't know it even came for ~3 days (doh!)

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #3,445 of 7,982
Quote:

The price and warranty increase will be made by the manufacturer in July, and so the units already in the market aren't affected by these changes. Just the ones sold by the manufacturer after July (we're almost there)...

Regarding the case, it should come with the soft case, as the hard clamshell just came with the first production batch of the GR07.

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #3,446 of 7,982
Quote:
- I just bought the old Vsonic GR07 ><. Should have waited for the MK2!  But happy to say, it came from Singapore to Canada really quickly and without crazy scary fees :D.
- BUT, canadapost decided to put the item in my mail box even though the tracking # said I needed to sign so I didn't know it even came for ~3 days (doh!)

To your peace of mind, let me say that I believe the sonic changes between the normal GR07 and the MK2 should be minor (if even noticeable at all). A little bit more silver in the cable can't make that much of a difference in an already excellent sound the normal version produces. Marketing is one thing, but reality is another... 
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #3,447 of 7,982
Quote:

I haven't received mine yet, but I was told I would be receiving both.

That must be an offer from the seller, as the original package just brings one case. Earlier units (first production batch) came with a hard clamshell case, and then they started shipping it with a soft case since the second production batch. The packaging (product box, tips and accessories) was different between the two versions, and the MK2 has the same packaging as the later version... Anyway, even if it's not included, they're pretty inexpensive at eBay! 
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #3,448 of 7,982
Quote:
@H20Fidelity,

You have absolutely no idea how excited you've made me to get the same pair, from the same vendor. I ordered them on 6/26 and they are already in the US, on their way to me.... they're currently in customs in San Fran, and should be en route to me (in WA State) shortly!

biggrin.gif

Yeah dude, that seller is awesome, probably the quickest sale I've had in a while. Six days total including the weekend from China to Australia right to my door, he had them shipped with tracking less then three hours after I clicked "buy it now". He's more than helpful and the item arrives with tremendous speed! Probably even quicker than lend me ur ears. Make sure you keep the invoice attached for your warranty! 

Someone was wondering about the case that comes with MKII, it's the soft case.  

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #3,449 of 7,982
Quote:

I own both the CAL! and the GR07. For me, the CAL! are one of the best headphones in the market, price/performance wise (if you buy them at usual discount prices). But the GR07 are just on another level of sound quality. They offer much better sound quality than the CAL!, and if you find a good fit and seal, their bass is much better. But it's a bit hard to compare them head-to-head, as one is an headphone and the other an IEM. For me, although it's a bit unfair comparison, the GR07 is way better... 
rolleyes.gif

Thanks putente, Im still a bit hesitant to take the dive on these. I'm concerned with fit now, I have the monoprice 8320's and they are a not so great fit, what would be the size in comparison to the gr07. If they are any bigger, the corner of the 07's will be digging into my ear. Im looking at the eph-100's also and a bit unsure they wont live up to the hype or to the r07's. Also someone was saying they are going for $130, but can only find $180 on-line. I prefer to get them with the prime shipping and not wait, but for 50 bucks, I can wait. Any help?

Just to put some more info, I listen to bands like Incubus, Cage the Elephant, RATM, jack johnson, john mayer, various house, trance, and dubstep artists, etc. Also would like to be using these at the gym...Maybe...around the ear in shirt.

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #3,450 of 7,982
Quote:
Thanks putente, Im still a bit hesitant to take the dive on these. I'm concerned with fit now, I have the monoprice 8320's and they are a not so great fit, what would be the size in comparison to the gr07. If they are any bigger, the corner of the 07's will be digging into my ear.

I have somewhat small ears and the GR07s fit me just fine. You don't have to worry a lot about the corners of the housing as they're rounded, and so shouldn't be uncomfortable. Also, LendMeURears is the seller who has the (grey) GR07s on sale at ~$130USD (~$166SGD).
http://lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?cPath=13&products_id=137
(Note: The default currency on their site is in SGD.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back