VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #3,406 of 7,982
Quote:
I just bought myself a 2nd pair of the "old" GR07 at LEND ME UR EARS reduced price.  Now I can keep one at work and one at home. (And have a backup pair).  The only difference between "old" and the new MKII is a bit more silver in the cable?  Give me a break.  Reduce the resistance of the cable by .05 ohms and call this an improvement?

Do yourselves a favor and grab the "old" bargain.  Wait.   Hold off a day.  I want to make sure my order ships first!

Yeah I noticed LendMUR$$$$ was selling some grey ones for 130 shipped!!!

Jun 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #3,407 of 7,982
Hello!
I keep asking myself whether the Vsonics isolate enough
to be used next to the drums for exemple, as they are supposed
to be stage monitors.
The only thing that is preventing me from getting them is actually
the fear of a poor isolation.
Thanks!

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #3,408 of 7,982
Quote:
Yes great points. I believe you are correct!!! I was just trying to save some $$$$ 
L3000.gif

I'm very sorry then... 
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #3,409 of 7,982
Quote:
Hello!
to be stage monitors.
Thanks!

That will depend much on the tips you use. I mean that the tips one can find to be the most comfortable might not isolate all that well... But the bi-flanges or some foam tips should isolate well enough for what you want (but that will always depend on your specific case, tip wise). I use Jays foam tips with mine, and for me, the comfort, isolation and sound quality are top notch... 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #3,410 of 7,982
I've officially fallen in love with my GRO7. Last night I was laying in bed where I do most of my intimate listening, I ventured into "the zone" I've decided they are the chosen ones for me. They offer complete sound across the entire spectrum, I'm loving the treble, bass, mid range. everything. Bass never feels lacking on any track, and layering is top notch. I can hear every passage in each track without trying. For example, TF10 you hear everything in the music but you find yourself struggling to listen for it. GRO7 just put it out there.

These things are worth their weight in gold. 

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #3,411 of 7,982
Quote:
I've officially fallen in love with my GRO7. Last night I was laying in bed where I do most of my intimate listening, I ventured into "the zone" I've decided they are the chosen ones for me. They offer complete sound across the entire spectrum, I'm loving the treble, bass, mid range. everything. Bass never feels lacking on any track, and layering is top notch. I can hear every passage in each track without trying. For example, TF10 you hear everything in the music but you find yourself struggling to listen for it. GRO7 just put it out there.

You'll be writing one of these soon 
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #3,413 of 7,982
Good to see some super appreciation in here. I, too, am falling in love all over again after being without them for a fortnight. I didn't nab the MKII from LMUE, but I'm not too phased about that. They're such disgustingly comfortable earphones. And in my eyes, they're beautiful; discrete, sleek and understatedly classy. It's a shame that the GR08 hasn't followed suit in the aesthetics department.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #3,414 of 7,982
Quote:
Hello!
to be stage monitors.
Thanks!

Quote:

That will depend much on the tips you use. I mean that the tips one can find to be the most comfortable might not isolate all that well... But the bi-flanges or some foam tips should isolate well enough for what you want (but that will always depend on your specific case, tip wise). I use Jays foam tips with mine, and for me, the comfort, isolation and sound quality are top notch... 
rolleyes.gif

I am not sure about isolation of the gr07 besides drums but from my experience, the isolation is very good once you find the best tips (i use the sony hybrids which came with it). With my music playing, i cannot hear people yelling beside me, and only the faintest of outside noises seep in

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #3,415 of 7,982
How would these compare to the sound of the CAL!'s. Would the bass be comparable? I'm afraid to be disappointed with anything at this price as CAL! is my best headphone that I've heard. Is it even possible to compare?

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #3,416 of 7,982
Quote:

deadhorse.gif

Typical GR07 new owner experience! Wait until they get some serious hours of playing time... 
beerchug.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #3,418 of 7,982
Quote:
How would these compare to the sound of the CAL!'s. Would the bass be comparable? I'm afraid to be disappointed with anything at this price as CAL! is my best headphone that I've heard. Is it even possible to compare?

I own both the CAL! and the GR07. For me, the CAL! are one of the best headphones in the market, price/performance wise (if you buy them at usual discount prices). But the GR07 are just on another level of sound quality. They offer much better sound quality than the CAL!, and if you find a good fit and seal, their bass is much better. But it's a bit hard to compare them head-to-head, as one is an headphone and the other an IEM. For me, although it's a bit unfair comparison, the GR07 is way better... 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #3,419 of 7,982
Quote:

ughh can't wait to try mine.. :D I really hope more clarity and less muddy than GR06.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back