VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
May 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #3,122 of 7,982
We need an ie80 now xD

Excellent review thank you for your time and effort!

May 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #3,123 of 7,982
Quote:

GR07: Way more polite than the FX700. I'd say the timbre is on par with the FX700, without that treble tilt, so it sounds more natural (to me at leas). Detailing is less aggressive, and the overall signature is more laidback, allowing me to listen for hours without a hint of fatigue. Dynamics on the GR07 are good, but not on the same level of the monster that is the FX700. So on about 10-15% of my library, I found myself longing for the edginess of the FX700. Keep in mind that the remaining 85-90% of my library was done better to my ears by the GR07. One of the things I love about this iem is that it lets me hear my music as it is. It's ever so slightly warm, without really coloring the music. That is not something I can say about the FX700. Not to say that the GR07 is boring; it's what I call a "lady in the street, but a freak in the bed." It's not a stripper with tattoos all over her body, but a girl with a little butterfly on her pelvis where you alone can see it. What my strange analogy implies is that the Gr07 is not an "always on" iem. It has no midbass hump, yet it can rumble your socks off it it needs to. It's still my favorite iem. The

That is the best analogy for the sound of an IEM,  just greatness 
etysmile.gif

May 4, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #3,124 of 7,982
Too bad the GR07s can't be reshelled....imagine that.

May 4, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #3,125 of 7,982
Anybody found a way to keep the cables in the ear guides, especially whilst in the pouch? I'm trying to think of alternatives to sticky tape!

Rubber shrink tubing would be good but probably won't fit over the jack or phones. Applying heat to the cable might be a no no as well I guess....

May 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #3,126 of 7,982
Quote:
Anybody found a way to keep the cables in the ear guides, especially whilst in the pouch? I'm trying to think of alternatives to sticky tape!

Rubber shrink tubing would be good but probably won't fit over the jack or phones. Applying heat to the cable might be a no no as well I guess....

Mine stayed in the ear guides without issue.  I did decide not to use the guides at all though, once I found proper chin slider use makes the guides useless.  They are more comfortable like that too, imo.

May 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #3,127 of 7,982
Quote:

I'd get a small hard case if I were you, maybe a Pelican 1010 or something. I just ordered a 1050 with customizable foam inserts to hold all of it - DAP and IEMs. It's not huge but it'll hold everything no problem.

May 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #3,129 of 7,982
Quote:

I have used gaffer's tape, which is used in lighting and photography. The tape black, it is resistant to heat and it sticks well, with little to no residue when it's time to remove it. Expensive per roll. Although it's available in smaller rolls nowadays.

May 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #3,130 of 7,982
Quote:
What JetEffect 3.0, BBE+ Settings do you guys use for the gr07?

I'm using the BBE ViVA 2 just love the bass with this preset. Sometimes I also use BBE with its clean, tamed highs and delicate presentation. Which preset are you using?

May 9, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #3,133 of 7,982
Mine has become a bit more pliable over time, and no, that is not what she said.

May 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #3,134 of 7,982
anybody tried listening to it with the first mesh removed?
it works quite like the 'veil' mod of many other cans. sound is more transparent this way. 
of course there's that risk of getting your earwax all over the second mesh that's on the other end of the tunnel. then again, i never saw any particles getting lodged on the first mesh so i think it'll be fine this way. 

May 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #3,135 of 7,982
I get the same effect when I turn off crossfeed on rockbox - it actually sounds much cleaner to me this way, so I rarely turn it on. Does anybody else get this (I'm using an ipod video 5.5)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back