VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #3,076 of 7,982
It's almost as if I can hear the power supporting it. The background is jet black, dynamics improve, and SQ is fantastic. Don't even get me started on the bass boost when I want to jam out. It's not a world of a difference, but it's the little things that push it over the edge for me.

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #3,077 of 7,982

Quote:
It's almost as if I can hear the power supporting it. The background is jet black, dynamics improve, and SQ is fantastic. Don't even get me started on the bass boost when I want to jam out. It's not a world of a difference, but it's the little things that push it over the edge for me.

And what were you using before you had the E10 for the GR07? 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #3,080 of 7,982
I just started playing around with the bass boost switch on the E10. Whoa! This is the cleanest low boost I've ever heard. It's brought the GR07's bass levels up to EPH-100 levels, without muddying up the sound at all! It's nothing short of amazing.

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #3,081 of 7,982
Got a pair of these a few weeks ago after returning my defective pair of FXT90s and.....DAMN! I didn't know sub-bass existed like this! And the rest of the sound....I listen to tracks now just to hear stuff I never heard before. From what I've had previously, they isolate really well. I have to tell people to wave or throw something at me to get my attention, because I won't notice them yelling at me. Speaking of not noticing, after I figured out the fit, they simply disappear! I barely feel them. These are a really well design pair of IEMs that really deserve more attention. 

As a result of this experience, I've started letting everyone know just how worth it is to get a good pair of earphones. I get a huge kick out of letting people trying these and just watching the smiles on their faces. They, without fail, say they hear things they've never heard before. In fact, several of them, my girlfriend included, are seriously considering buying a pair. These are people who would have never considered spending this much on a pair of headphones. 

In any case, I want to thank the Head-Fi community, especially Joker, for recommending these. I would not have chosen them without you guys.  

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #3,082 of 7,982

Quote:
Got a pair of these a few weeks ago after returning my defective pair of FXT90s and.....DAMN! I didn't know sub-bass existed like this! And the rest of the sound....I listen to tracks now just to hear stuff I never heard before. From what I've had previously, they isolate really well. I have to tell people to wave or throw something at me to get my attention, because I won't notice them yelling at me. Speaking of not noticing, after I figured out the fit, they simply disappear! I barely feel them. These are a really well design pair of IEMs that really deserve more attention. 

As a result of this experience, I've started letting everyone know just how worth it is to get a good pair of earphones. I get a huge kick out of letting people trying these and just watching the smiles on their faces. They, without fail, say they hear things they've never heard before. In fact, several of them, my girlfriend included, are seriously considering buying a pair. These are people who would have never considered spending this much on a pair of headphones. 

In any case, I want to thank the Head-Fi community, especially Joker, for recommending these. I would not have chosen them without you guys.  

For the price, they really are something special. With well-mastered flac files, they punch waaayyy above their weight. A couple of perfect test files for these are Alice In Chains Unplugged and the Steve Hoffman remaster of Phil Collins' Face Value (not even a big Phil Collins fan, but tried it based on Hoffman's reputation). If you aren't floored by the sound quality coming out of those $160 iems, then you're already dead.

May 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #3,084 of 7,982
Nope. I spent well over a month researching IEMs before I bought these. It'll be a while before I buy anything else (shifting my focus to redesigning a pair of Monoprice 8320s) However, my girlfriend is in the market and would prefer something a little cheaper than the GR07s. Let me know what you think of the CKM500s. I'm curious. 

May 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #3,088 of 7,982

Quote:
That did cross my mind. Though now that she's heard the GR07 I'm not sure she'll want anything less. Different maybe, but not less. Also, having a different IEM in the apartment means I get to use it too :p

Check Rockit Sounds R-50. About the same level of performance for 120$ if you don't mind BA-based earphones.

May 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #3,089 of 7,982

Quote:
That did cross my mind. Though now that she's heard the GR07 I'm not sure she'll want anything less. Different maybe, but not less. Also, having a different IEM in the apartment means I get to use it too :p

I 2nd the R-50 also the Yamaha EPH-100 ($115 from Audio Affair) and Creative Aurvana IE3 ($105 Amazon) would also be good choices.

May 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #3,090 of 7,982
I thought about the Yamaha, but I've heard that it's good for some genres but not so good for others, while the VSonics are true all-rounders. I love the looks of the Yamaha, but that alone won't make me get them. The one headphone I've been considering is the Hifiman RE262, but I'd rather not deal with lugging around an amp just to get the best sound out of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back