VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2,701 of 7,982
Comparison shot. 

What I find funny is that a year ago, I could only dream about seeing these iems in real life, much less having them in my hands. Life is a funny thing 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #2,702 of 7,982
If anyone is thinking of ordering through Frogbeats here is the respond I got from them:
"Our next plans with VSonic are to order a batch of GR06, followed by the GR07 several weeks after. These are large quantity orders for us, so it has to be one or the other unfortunately. I imagine that the GR06 will arrive around the end of March, and the GR07 late April (hopefully)."

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #2,703 of 7,982
This thread is getting pretty large.  It would be a nice thing if we could make a list of all of the tips that have been tried and found to be really good with the GR07s ...
It would be best to just copy and paste the list as you add to it where duplicates would not be easily posted ...

I will start the list with these three :

#1 - Jays Q J Earphone silicone rubber sleeve tips large
#2 - Etymotic Research ER38-18 3-Flange Gray 
#3 - Sony Hybrids

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #2,708 of 7,982
I recently bought a pair of a TF10s which sounded great, but i had way too many problems with the fit, cable, etc and i plan on returning it. 

How do these earphones compare in terms of SQ, build, comfort, etc? I listen to wide variety of music from classical, rap, electronic, pop, rock, etc which the TF10s handled really, really well. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #2,709 of 7,982

Quote:
I recently bought a pair of a TF10s which sounded great, but i had way too many problems with the fit, cable, etc and i plan on returning it. 

How do these earphones compare in terms of SQ, build, comfort, etc? I listen to wide variety of music from classical, rap, electronic, pop, rock, etc which the TF10s handled really, really well. 

I've owned the TF10, and I believe the GR07 is all around better than the TF10. Where you might find that the TF10 beats the GR07 is in bass quantity. However, in terms of texture, extension, natural instrument timbre, and amazing vocals, the GR07 puts the TF10 over the knees and gives it a bit of a spanking. If your primary genres are electronic, rap, etc, the GR07 is still great, but you may not find it's level of mid-bass enough. Sub-bass however is a totally different story.

Mar 18, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #2,710 of 7,982

Quote:
I've owned the TF10, and I believe the GR07 is all around better than the TF10. Where you might find that the TF10 beats the GR07 is in bass quantity. However, in terms of texture, extension, natural instrument timbre, and amazing vocals, the GR07 puts the TF10 over the knees and gives it a bit of a spanking. If your primary genres are electronic, rap, etc, the GR07 is still great, but you may not find it's level of mid-bass enough. Sub-bass however is a totally different story.

Yes! Used to own the TF10 till I got the GR07 recently.

Mar 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #2,711 of 7,982

Quote:

Mind you the sound signature is very different and hence the very polar opinions on them. If you really are looking for something that sounds like the TF10 but with better fit, cable etc, you can either:

• Get rid of the cable, get some better ear tips (e.g. Sony Hybrids) etc
  • Reshell XD
  • Try the GR07 or other in ears, and see do you prefer their sound signature better
  • [Have not heard by my ears] I think it was the Westone 3 that got reported to sound like the TF10... You'll have to dig some threads and ask about that.

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2,712 of 7,982
Hello everyone!

I'm back and I'm VERY happy to report that my fit/comfort problem has been 100% solved and I've been enjoying these IEMs how it was intended
basshead.gif

For those that don't know, I couldn't really get any good fit with the provided tips and tried alot of others untill I found a pair of random medium sized ones (I think it was the tips from the RE0 but I'm not sure) that got me a good seal but the comfort was still pretty horrible in long listening sessions. I ended up ordering a pack of original Sony EP-EX10A (aka Sony Hybrids) in hopes of better comfort. Well, I just got them this morning and after a day of trying them out I couldn't be happier!

Both the Medium and the Large ones fit very well and are extremely comfortable for me. The medium ones give me a more clear sound with less bass and the large ones a warmer overall sound (not by much) and with more/better bass, specially sub-bass. I liked them both alot but ended up sticking with the Large ones, the sub-bass is amazing... The large ones provide a tighter seal improving the overall impactness of the music

I won't say these will be the solution for every problem because everyone has different ears but if you're having problems with fit and comfort like I was I can definitely tell you to look into these and try them out if you can. It made ALL the difference for me.

Tips aside these IEM are amazing in pretty much every sense. With the right source/music these shine like no other IEM i've tried out (my experience is not that vast anyway). I still use my EPH100 more because they adapt better to different kinds of music (I usually have a big playlist with all sorts of music) but there are moments when I just want to sit back, relax, and listen to a specific album or artist and the GR07 are just PERFECT.

I'm listening to Fourplay as I type this and I can't seem to get rid of this stupid smile on my face

(Sorry for the bad audio quality from youtube, couldn't find better)

On a side-note, I think i'm going to order some counterfeit Sony Hybrids from this ebay auction. I can order a bunch of pairs of medium and large only and from what i've read in another topic these are pretty good counterfeits and very similar to the original ones. I'll just keep them as a backup and use them on other IEMs

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #2,714 of 7,982
I did a search on this thread for "break in" but did not find aything really comprehensive ... What changes should a person expect from the GR07 as they break in ?   Thanks

Not that this is going to be helpful, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment with that question. Better to just see what you hear an then search out comparisons to see if it's similar to what others heard.

I'll tell you that right out of the box, the same thing that joker said in his review: they fail to impress with refinement or smoothness. Once they burn in, according to most, they are just better overall. I personally became happy with them around 150 hours, be it mechanical or brain burn in.

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #2,715 of 7,982

Quote:
I did a search on this thread for "break in" but did not find aything really comprehensive ... What changes should a person expect from the GR07 as they break in ?   Thanks

The majority of the changes you will hear are from your brain becoming adjusted (if it needs to). You'll get a shock if you're coming from phones with a midbass emphasis. The majority of the GR07's bass response is in the sub bass region, so prepare yourself for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back