VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #2,642 of 7,982

Quote:
ASilva, does the first version of the GR07 include the grey foam tips? Mine are from the 2nd batch, that came with a huge amount of tips, and for me the best where those foams tips (confort and sound wise). After that, I was told here to try the Jays Foams, which I did, and these are the ones I currently use. Better confort than the stock ones, as they're really made from memory foam, and great sound quality... 
wink.gif

It did come with 2 different foam tips but i couldn't get used to either. This is quite weird, I've never had so much trouble with fit and seal with any IEM before these ones and I've had/tried alot of them.

All the different "techniques" for IEM insertion work but i don't really need them because i can move my ears which has pretty much the same effect as the etymotic "pull the earlobe upwards" thing, like this. No, that is not me, i've done this since I was little, it really helps with IEMs now ahah
etysmile.gif

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #2,643 of 7,982
Quote:
The gray'ish colored triple flange, their a little bigger than the clear triples while also softer and they just slide right in and stay.  I've had them in now for about 2 hours and not had to adjust them once and its also comfortable.  I didn't think they would even fit because of how small the Ety's housing is but they slipped right on no problem.

Where can I find these gray tips for international shipping? I have searched e-bay but only found black and transparent ones?

Are their sizing different from the other brands tips (Normally medium Jays silicone and Vsonic single flange tips fits my earcanals well)?

(Anyone here own a spare ety triple flange pair to ship it to me (Turkey) here for a reasonable price?)

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #2,644 of 7,982

Quote:
Quote:

Where can I find these gray tips for international shipping? I have searched e-bay but only found black and transparent ones?

Are their sizing different from the other brands tips (Normally medium Jays silicone and Vsonic single flange tips fits my earcanals well)?

(Anyone here own a spare ety triple flange pair to ship it to me (Turkey) here for a reasonable price?)

They sell them on the Etymotic website under accessories for either the HF5 or ER-4 and the product number is ER38-18, you get 5 pair for $14.  Thats the only place I've seen them for sale.

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #2,645 of 7,982

Quote:
It did come with 2 different foam tips but i couldn't get used to either. This is quite weird, I've never had so much trouble with fit and seal with any IEM before these ones and I've had/tried alot of them.

Mine were from the first batch too, and I thought those foam tips were subpar compared to Complys. They detached from the plastic inner core fairly quickly, a shame since they fit well. So it's still the stock silicone mediums for me. :)

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,646 of 7,982

Quote:

Mine were from the first batch too, and I thought those foam tips were subpar compared to Complys. They detached from the plastic inner core fairly quickly, a shame since they fit well. So it's still the stock silicone mediums for me. :)

Yes, and that. The opening on the inner core is so small and it fits so tight on the GR07 nozzle that taking them out without detaching the core (unsuccessfully) was quite a pain in the ass.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #2,647 of 7,982
It's backordered and it is in Singaporean dollars. With international shipping to anywhere outside of Asia, it works out to about 137 dollars USD. Still a pretty good deal considering other options in that price range.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #2,648 of 7,982

Quote:
Yes, and that. The opening on the inner core is so small and it fits so tight on the GR07 nozzle that taking them out without detaching the core (unsuccessfully) was quite a pain in the ass.

You guys simply have to try some triple flanges. I'm falling in love all over again.

Techno Kid, I want to hug you bro.

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #2,649 of 7,982

Quote:
You guys simply have to try some triple flanges. I'm falling in love all over again.

lol, I'm so glad I found these tips because if not for them I'd be selling these right now and missing out on such a good IEM.  For anyone having fit issues or they don't sound as good as you'd hope the gray triple flange off the Etymotic's do wonders.

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #2,651 of 7,982

Quote:

I don't really have any good triple flanges here :frowning2:
I have two pairs that came with some XEars and i have the ones that came with the M6 and both seem pretty crappy in terms of quality and comfort. I tried them in the beggining but they seemed too small (width) for my ears. I usually do great with the normal single flanges with everything. My ears are pretty shallow so deeper insertion tips are not really comfortable for me.

The single tips i'm using now are fine in terms of seal and fit, the only thing that could be a bit better is comfort but I hope to solve that once i get my Sony Hybrids :D

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #2,652 of 7,982

Quote:
I don't really have any good triple flanges here :frowning2:
I have two pairs that came with some XEars and i have the ones that came with the M6 and both seem pretty crappy in terms of quality and comfort. I tried them in the beggining but they seemed too small (width) for my ears. I usually do great with the normal single flanges with everything. My ears are pretty shallow so deeper insertion tips are not really comfortable for me.

The single tips i'm using now are fine in terms of seal and fit, the only thing that could be a bit better is comfort but I hope to solve that once i get my Sony Hybrids :D

The triples I'm using are large. Your ears are deeper than you think, trust me. I think it's that the sound get funneled so far down the canal, and inhibits distortion.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #2,653 of 7,982
OK .... so now with a pair of the GR07s on their way to me, would anyone like to offer an opinion on these two portable DAC/amps :  Practical Devices XM6 or Ray Samuels Predator

One of which I will be choosing ...

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #2,654 of 7,982

Quote:
OK .... so now with a pair of the GR07s on their way to me, would anyone like to offer an opinion on these two portable DAC/amps :  Practical Devices XM6 or Ray Samuels Predator

One of which I will be choosing ...

What source are you using? I noticed no difference when using my iP4 from a Fiio E6. I'll give you that it's a cheap amp, but I think it's something to consider. Wait until you have them in your hands and determine whether or not you're satisfied with the sound before you plunk down a hunk of cash.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #2,655 of 7,982

Quote:
What source are you using? I noticed no difference when using my iP4 from a Fiio E6. I'll give you that it's a cheap amp, but I think it's something to consider. Wait until you have them in your hands and determine whether or not you're satisfied with the sound before you plunk down a hunk of cash.

Source is a laptop with attched 1.5 TB external pocket drive containing 27,000+ CDs all ripped to lossless WAV files.  So yeah, I am able to justify a good portable amp for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back