VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #2,626 of 7,982
ASilva, does the first version of the GR07 include the grey foam tips? Mine are from the 2nd batch, that came with a huge amount of tips, and for me the best where those foams tips (confort and sound wise). After that, I was told here to try the Jays Foams, which I did, and these are the ones I currently use. Better confort than the stock ones, as they're really made from memory foam, and great sound quality... 
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #2,627 of 7,982
I found the fit to be a bit odd when i first got them, but i tried all different tips but a good trick is to open your jaw up when inserting, and because the nozzle moves around, don't be afraid to sit and play until you find a good seal

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #2,628 of 7,982
I to had fit issues and was going to sell them because of that and the fact they didn't sound as good as what people have described.  Then as a last ditch effort I tried a pair of triple flange tips off of some Ety's and man they sound like a whole new IEM that I really like now and I just did this like an hour ago.  So happy I found tips that work because these really do sound amazing now with great bass and the lush mids.  The highs aren't as bright to me as they are to others but they still have great detail for a dynamic driver and the soundstage is also good with its width and depth as well as the separation.  Man I take back a lot of the things I've posted in other threads and reviews on other sites about these as they really are great sounding IEM's.

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #2,629 of 7,982

Quote:
I to had fit issues and was going to sell them because of that and the fact they didn't sound as good as what people have described.  Then as a last ditch effort I tried a pair of triple flange tips off of some Ety's and man they sound like a whole new IEM that I really like now and I just did this like an hour ago.  So happy I found tips that work because these really do sound amazing now with great bass and the lush mids.  The highs aren't as bright to me as they are to others but they still have great detail for a dynamic driver and the soundstage is also good with its width and depth as well as the separation.  Man I take back a lot of the things I've posted in other threads and reviews on other sites about these as they really are great sounding IEM's.

Could I ask what kind of ety tips you are using?

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #2,630 of 7,982
The gray'ish colored triple flange, their a little bigger than the clear triples while also softer and they just slide right in and stay.  I've had them in now for about 2 hours and not had to adjust them once and its also comfortable.  I didn't think they would even fit because of how small the Ety's housing is but they slipped right on no problem.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #2,632 of 7,982
Yea it really makes them sound fuller than with the stock tips, and I could never get a good fit with them any how.  It gives them a lot better isolation in turn makes them sound better.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #2,633 of 7,982

Quote:
Yea it really makes them sound fuller than with the stock tips, and I could never get a good fit with them any how.  It gives them a lot better isolation in turn makes them sound better.

I'm also noticing an increase in soundstage depth. Awesomeness!

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #2,635 of 7,982
A Comply rep told me that the T400 tips will fit, even though they won't list these as officially compatible on their website. I wonder if any companies would reshell these as custom IEMs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back