VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #2,596 of 7,982
Alright guys, I love these IEMs very much, but unfortunately I'm going to sell them since IEMs and other reasons are just not for me.  Thought it be best to ask here that I'm looking into open or closed headphones that have a similar sound signature to these GR07s.  $200 is what I plan on spending.  Right now HM5 or DT770 80 ohms is whats catching my eye.  Any opinions?

Also if anyone needs another pair of very lightly used GR07 pm me!

Feb 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2,597 of 7,982
So, after 35 hours of burn in I'm starting to feel the bass is getting slightly better, highs are still aggressive though. I׳m using the stock silicon tips, should I buy the jays ones?

They do sound very clear and balanced, but I'm excited to reach the 200 hours gold.

Feb 29, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #2,601 of 7,982

Quote:
So, after 35 hours of burn in I'm starting to feel the bass is getting slightly better, highs are still aggressive though. I׳m using the stock silicon tips, should I buy the jays ones?
They do sound very clear and balanced, but I'm excited to reach the 200 hours gold.

Jays are great tips for these, The grey Phonacs to me are about the best, also try Sony Hybrids, and don;t put them down as far as the last knuckle. This will help with the highs while burning in

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #2,603 of 7,982
I've been listening a lot of different albums / music styles tonight with my GR07, after a ~50 hours burn-in marathon, and I gotta say these babies are starting to sound quite good to my ears!

▪Daft Punk - "TRON Legacy" album
▪Hans Zimmer - "Inception" album (Great great stuff!)
▪Alice in Chains - "MTV Unplugged" album
▪Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs" album
▪Francis Cabrel - Les vidanges du Diable AND Assis sur le rebord du monde ("Samedi soir sur la Terre" album) Very well recorded album, lot of acoustic guitar.
▪José Gonzalez - Heartbeats ("Veneer" album). Great acoustic guitar too
▪Janis Joplin - Cry Baby (One of my favourite songs of all time)
▪Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake (Michael Tilson Thomas + London Symphony Orchestra)
▪Robert Plant - Ship of Fools ("Now and Zen" album) (a DELIGHT on the GR07! This album has a GREAT production)

They remind me of my DT 880 in a certain way (with a little bit less refinement though). Neutral and analytical, not a lot of bass but a lot of very well controlled quality bass, a little bit of sibilance too but nothing to have nightmares about. They even make my badly recorded albums sound like crap... just like the DT 880 :p (Yeah I'm talking to you Muse... I love your music, I hate your production)

Can't wait to reach the ~200 hours mark to see if the sibiliance and harshness in highs will disappear, or at least tame down, like it did on my DT-880

Oh, and sorry for my English. Not my primary language... :wink:

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #2,604 of 7,982
I found where to buy the Jays silicon tips, their price is 12$ and same cost for shipment to Israel (Total of 24$). Is the price reasonable? How do i know if i need the L size or the M size? For now I'm using the stock silicon tips and they fit well.

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #2,605 of 7,982

Quote:
I found where to buy the Jays silicon tips, their price is 12$ and same cost for shipment to Israel (Total of 24$). Is the price reasonable? How do i know if i need the L size or the M size? For now I'm using the stock silicon tips and they fit well.

Honestly that's not a great price, but if you feel you'd like to spend that much for a minor improvement, then it's up to you.

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2,607 of 7,982

Quote:
I have extra Jays tips if anyone wants them in the states, but have no idea how much a letter is to the phillipines or outside of US, If its just a few bucks and you send me the $ I'll mail it to you, but I'm not doing the registered mail thing, just sent a fellow my JH5's to singapore and was a pain waiting in line to mail, plus the forms to fill out, plus special paper tape you have to use.   PM me if you want the tips, I think I have all sizes.

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #2,608 of 7,982

Quote:

I have found that I used the Large Stock silicone, and they fit ok, when going with the Large Jays, they were perfect!! Hope this helps
Note: Large Jays were a little larger than the Stock vsonic silicones

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #2,609 of 7,982

Quote:

Well that's pretty close to what I would pay for jays here in the US. Well worth it. they last a long time (silicone that is) I put them on about three quarters of the way

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #2,610 of 7,982

Quote:
I've been listening a lot of different albums / music styles tonight with my GR07, after a ~50 hours burn-in marathon, and I gotta say these babies are starting to sound quite good to my ears!

▪Daft Punk - "TRON Legacy" album
▪Hans Zimmer - "Inception" album (Great great stuff!)
▪Alice in Chains - "MTV Unplugged" album
▪Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs" album
▪Francis Cabrel - Les vidanges du Diable AND Assis sur le rebord du monde ("Samedi soir sur la Terre" album) Very well recorded album, lot of acoustic guitar.
▪José Gonzalez - Heartbeats ("Veneer" album). Great acoustic guitar too
▪Janis Joplin - Cry Baby (One of my favourite songs of all time)
▪Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake (Michael Tilson Thomas + London Symphony Orchestra)
▪Robert Plant - Ship of Fools ("Now and Zen" album) (a DELIGHT on the GR07! This album has a GREAT production)

They remind me of my DT 880 in a certain way (with a little bit less refinement though). Neutral and analytical, not a lot of bass but a lot of very well controlled quality bass, a little bit of sibilance too but nothing to have nightmares about. They even make my badly recorded albums sound like crap... just like the DT 880 :p (Yeah I'm talking to you Muse... I love your music, I hate your production)

Can't wait to reach the ~200 hours mark to see if the sibiliance and harshness in highs will disappear, or at least tame down, like it did on my DT-880

Oh, and sorry for my English. Not my primary language... :wink:

You've got quite a mix going for you here. Pretty impressive. You are doing the same thing I had done when getting them. IT Gets better!!. One thing I had done, during burn in, is use different tips. Jays, Phonacs. Hifiman biflange. Helped out alot with early siblance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back