VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #2,582 of 7,982
They finally arrived after almost 3 weeks. After reading all this thread and many more reviews and comments I have only one thing to say:

******* Amazing! WOOOOPPPII!!! (what the **** that's says I have no idea, but i'm happy :D )

I can't wait to let them burn in for 200 hours. Updates soon.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #2,583 of 7,982

Quote:
I am sorry to hear that, are you still in China? I am here in China and perhaps I can help you to send your GR07 for repair in their factory in Dongguan. It should have one year warranty.

Nah, I'm in Canada right now...thanks though.

Quote:
Sorry to hear!   I just shipped my JH5 in its case to China for $25 registered USPS and that's with the otterbox weight.   I used a 6"x4"x3" or something like that box, but had to use brown wrapping tape, not clear tape.   It might be as low as $20 for you without the extra weight, but then again, your address is "outer space?"  I just emailed Clieos to see if he knew when their next flagship is coming out, maybe you could get yours fixed and save for their new flagship, or in your case it might be "spaceship"LOL!!!!

Shipping here in space is expensive!!!

Quote:
speaking of their new flagship, according to my contact at vsonic, GR08 will be released either May or June this year. The retail price would be about 3,000 RMB or 440 USD.

Wow, that's a lot more expensive than any of VSonic's past IEMs...do they use BA drivers?  I don't remember if anyone's mentioned them before.

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #2,584 of 7,982
My ZO2 will be arriving shortly. Will post comparisons of it's Level 0 (no bass boost) and Level 1 contouring against my iPod nano 6th gen sound here and at the ljokerl thread. Hoping that they'll bring some improvement over the iPod's sound, even without contouring.

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #2,585 of 7,982
Nah, I'm in Canada right now...thanks though.

Shipping here in space is expensive!!!

Wow, that's a lot more expensive than any of VSonic's past IEMs...do they use BA drivers?  I don't remember if anyone's mentioned them before.

They're the dual BA/dynamic hybrid flagship.

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #2,586 of 7,982
Hm well whatever the case, that's way out of my price range, regardless of how good they sound.  I wonder if I should just go and get a GR06 as a replacement, for now...I'm not really sure if I want to go and buy the GR07 again, I kind of want to try something new.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #2,587 of 7,982
I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of these (had a defective pair of FXT90s and realized I didn't like my midbass humped), and I'm wondering if an extended warranty is recommended. I can add a 3-year warranty for an extra $30. I'm just wondering if they last one year if they'll likely last another 2, making paying for the extra 2 years pointless. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #2,588 of 7,982

Quote:
I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of these (had a defective pair of FXT90s and realized I didn't like my midbass humped), and I'm wondering if an extended warranty is recommended. I can add a 3-year warranty for an extra $30. I'm just wondering if they last one year if they'll likely last another 2, making paying for the extra 2 years pointless. 

Well mine just broke, after almost a year, but I was pretty hard on them...I pretty much just carried them around everywhere in my pocket without the case.  Not sure how many others have had them break though.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #2,589 of 7,982

Quote:

I think the supplied 1yr warranty should suffice. In a year, the upgraditis bug will have already sunk its teeth into your wallet.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #2,590 of 7,982
are you likely to upgrade after a year? how physical are you with IEMs? Any chance you could get a return easily from your location?
$30 doesn't seem too bad though

Quote:

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #2,591 of 7,982

Quote:
I think the supplied 1yr warranty should suffice. In a year, the upgraditis bug will have already sunk its teeth into your wallet.

Possibly, though after this I'm not sure how much I'll have to spend unless some incredible deal comes up. And in any case I'd probably rather upgrade my headphones than get new IEMs. 

Quote:
are you likely to upgrade after a year? how physical are you with IEMs? Any chance you could get a return easily from your location?
$30 doesn't seem too bad though

The FXT90s I had I made sure to keep in their case all the time, though sometimes I'd drop my player and tug the cord a bit. I guess I try to take care of IEMs, but have a bad habit of breaking things on accident (though that's not really covered by an extended warranty). I'm going to get them from lendmeurears, since they have the cheapest price by about $20, so I'm not sure about how easy or quick returns are with them. 

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #2,592 of 7,982
Got my GR07 friday, with a Fiio e11 (used with an iPhone 4S as the source).  Didn't have time to listen to these babies a lot during the week-end but I let them sit on my desk / play some music for the last ~40 hours, so they can burn-in.

From what I've heard so far, I'm happy. Highs are a little bit harsh but I guess they need more time to smooth.

Sorry for my bad English, not my primary language.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2,593 of 7,982
I've had good luck with Square Trade warrantee's.   They gave me a full refund on my T51 when it died, no questions asked.
Also, the bass in Paul Simon's Graceland cd is kick-ass!!  It also shows off the 07's soundstage.

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #2,594 of 7,982

Quote:
Got my GR07 friday, with a Fiio e11 (used with an iPhone 4S as the source).  Didn't have time to listen to these babies a lot during the week-end but I let them sit on my desk / play some music for the last ~40 hours, so they can burn-in.

From what I've heard so far, I'm happy. Highs are a little bit harsh but I guess they need more time to smooth.

Sorry for my bad English, not my primary language.

Extensive burn in time really clears up the harshness. I keep saying this as I've seen lately people selling them (I almost did) before the magic

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #2,595 of 7,982
Thanks for the reply Freefall. They don't have 80 hours of burn in yet and highs are already getting better and smoother :wink:

These babies are a nice upgrade from my Woodees IESW100V Vintage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back