VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #2,553 of 7,982

Quote:
Israel. I'm ordering lots of stuff from eBay and it always takes different times to arrive. I ordered 2 HDMI cables few days after my GR-07 were shipped and they arrived yesterday. I'm hoping to get the GR-07 before weekend. I don't think I'll be the same person with one more week using the Beats.

My GR-07 took 2 weeks to arrive. I am from Haifa.
I hope you will like them.

The cable is so soft on the new releases of the GR07; I've never had to use the ear guides.

Doesn't it move a lot while walking? Mine does and it annoys me so I use the ear guides.
Also have then new release.

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #2,555 of 7,982
I can't tell if I have the new release or not...my cable is soft but it twists quite easily, especially after uncoiling it. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with to be honest. If they can make a well-behaved cable, fix the detaching strain relief near the ear piece that everyone has to reglue, , provide a good hard case and some good tips, it'd be an incredible value...as it is now, I'll call it a very good value for the money, but that damn cable does annoy me.

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #2,556 of 7,982

Quote:
I can't tell if I have the new release or not...my cable is soft but it twists quite easily, especially after uncoiling it. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with to be honest. If they can make a well-behaved cable, fix the detaching strain relief near the ear piece that everyone has to reglue, , provide a good hard case and some good tips, it'd be an incredible value...as it is now, I'll call it a very good value for the money, but that damn cable does annoy me.

The springyness of the cable drives me a bit nuts too. That and the cable is constantly popping out of the ear guides near the strain relief. I'm about ready to just glue on my ear guides. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #2,557 of 7,982
I haven't had that problem with the ear guides, luckily. If their sound improves after burn-in like everybody says it does, I'll shut my yap quick because they do sound awfully good already.

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #2,558 of 7,982

Quote:
The springyness of the cable drives me a bit nuts too. That and the cable is constantly popping out of the ear guides near the strain relief. I'm about ready to just glue on my ear guides. 

I can see what you mean.. you have the ear guides from the second batch? the first ones are a lot better

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #2,559 of 7,982
I've had my GR07's since December of last year and have loved every single thing about them, I paired them with the included foam tips right from the start and never really thought much about the sibilance that other people have mentioned so many times, that is until my foam tips became unstuck from the plastic ring that holds them to the IEM rendering them useless :frowning2:

I quickly found the right silicon tip to use this morning before my morning commute to work... hello sibilance - I was quite shocked at how sibilant these IEMs were, an hour of use with some decent prog rock and my ear drums feel like they've been caressed gently by a hot blade :xf_eek:

Gonna sneak out of work early so that I can visit the local Jaben store to get some comply tips :p

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #2,561 of 7,982

Quote:
Maybe you've become used to the muffled sound of the foam tips

This could also be the reason, as these are the first headphones I've used foam tips with - and have never really been that sensitive to sibilance before. I calculated just earlier that I've probably clocked about 130hrs on these so far, so not sure if further burn in will help with it?

For reference I've also been listening to my Fischer FA-011's that I received last week, which have been reported as having some sibilance issues, which I can detect in some of the tracks I play, but it doesn't effect me like the GR07's did this morning...

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2,562 of 7,982
I have never experienced so called sibilance from the start.

It is reported by some users while some of the others never detected it.

Some users and well known reviewers says that the iem have sibilance but thet sibilance disappears after burn-in.

I never prefer foam tips. I am currently using them with Jays Silicone tips. They are the best tips for me (I have tried many many kinds of tips, even customized some of the tips).

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #2,563 of 7,982

Quote:
My GR-07 took 2 weeks to arrive. I am from Haifa.
I hope you will like them.

Doesn't it move a lot while walking? Mine does and it annoys me so I use the ear guides.
Also have then new release.

Yes it is a little springy, perhaps I just belong to the lucky ones
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #2,565 of 7,982
Just thought I'd give a brief update on my GR07s. Still loving them! LOL ... I find that they are kind of like chameleon's, they can sound truly incredible on certain recordings, as well as pretty mediocre on bad recordings. I find myself being drawn to quality recordings, and paying more attention to the recording than with my previous IEMs. When these shine, it's really a great experience. The balance is so subtle but so clear at the same time, it really points out how "colored" other IEMs are.

Still loving the bass on these. The lack of mid-bass and the sub-bass presence, combined with a solid midrange and slightly forward (to my ears) high end, makes for a nearly perfect combination. Sometimes I feel them straining on contemporary recordings (esp. electro-pop stuff like M83, when synth and voice combine sometimes the vocals seem strained) but I can't be sure if this is the recording or the phones.

I have to agree with the chorus that drums do, for some reason, sound really really good on these. The timbre/tone is just right, very snappy. Cymbals have great energy and presence.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a great seal w/ supplied tips. I didnt receive the double flange tips when i bought mine through amazing, so im using the biggest silicone tips provided but i think they are too small. I've ordered some Comply T400s and I plan to trim them to prevent muffling. I'm going to order the RE0 bi-flange and maybe even the Jays tips too just so I can have some options. I hope I can get a deep seal.

Springy cable is annoying and tends to pop out from behind ear, but I find that if I cinch the cords under my chin they tend to stay in place.

Probably have close to 100 hours on these, cant say i notice much difference, maybe a wider soundstage and smoother sound overall. Sibilance never bothered me with these, not sure what to think about that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back