VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #2,491 of 7,982

Quote:
STILL waiting for mine from lendmeurears...getting nervous...they were shipped on the 3rd and they should take a max of 8 business days to arrive, so they're still in the ballpark...I hope customs doesn't develop a case of sticky fingers when they get here...

You may ask him for a tracking number. I did and he gave me the tracking information and shipment date.

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #2,492 of 7,982
Quote:
LOL I Never Left My friend. Was eager to try the JVC's for a while, as I see many that Liked the GR-07's Liked the TX90

I was also wondering about the FXT90, but its hard for me to find and sell this kind of stuff in Turkey... So I need (and like) to read many opinions and reviews before any purchases...

Thanks for your input Freefallr4545, after the Joker's review and some other users opinions (as well as yours) I am not going to try them...

I am now thinking of upgrading my portable player and amp...

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #2,493 of 7,982

Quote:
You may ask him for a tracking number. I did and he gave me the tracking information and shipment date.

I've got the number and the date, but the tracking number will only indicate when it left Singapore, not its status here in Vietnam. It shipped on the 3rd, and they said 6-8 working days...if it's not here by Wednesday, I'll contact lendmeurears and see what's what. The anticipation is making my head spin
basshead.gif
. There aren't many options for gear here - I saw a shop that carries Shure SE215s and they want $250USD! The next best thing here in my price range that isn't outrageously overpriced are Fischer Eterna rev.2s that are about $80 a pop....

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #2,494 of 7,982

Quote:
I've got the number and the date, but the tracking number will only indicate when it left Singapore, not its status here in Vietnam. It shipped on the 3rd, and they said 6-8 working days...if it's not here by Wednesday, I'll contact lendmeurears and see what's what. The anticipation is making my head spin
basshead.gif
. There aren't many options for gear here - I saw a shop that carries Shure SE215s and they want $250USD! The next best thing here in my price range that isn't outrageously overpriced are Fischer Eterna rev.2s that are about $80 a pop....

What is the status of the package at http://vnpost.vn/? (which, I suppose, is the post that should deliver your package)

--------

My GR07 arrived today after a 2 weeks wait. It was worth it for sure!
I am simply amazed at how clear it sounds. This is the first time I heard the difference between MP3 and FLAC.
I am still not used to the over-ear design, I hope I will get used to it soon.
I have tried so many genres, EDM, Rock, Classical. Everything sounds excellent. Also I haven't noticed the sibilance problem. which songs are the most affected by this problem so I can check if I have it?
One more question, I haven't received the foam tips. Should they be included in the new package?

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #2,495 of 7,982
Ive purchased some gr07s and some se535s, 07s will be here today. im really excited to be upgrading from my klipsch s4s, which i actually think are not terrible, or maybe im just getting used to bad sound but either way im excited! specifically im looking for more balance, clarity, and more midrange detail/presence. 

so what im wondering is, comparing the shures and vsonics, for those who have heard both, how would you compare their ability to present microdetails, instrument separation, dynamic extension, and overall refinement? i basically cannot afford to keep the shures, so id like to rest assured knowing im getting at least 80% of the shure sound quality with the vsonics (or perhaps the vsonic is the equal of the shure in these sq depts). im mostly looking for better balance, clarity, and bit of refinement (lack of distortion), so naturally i found the gr07s and they seem to be perfect. i was seduced by the shures build quality, cable, and isolation but i cant justify 200 dollars extra for those qualities. 

any thoughts? 

oh, ill mostly be listening to streaming services on my ipad but am looking to eventually get something like the fostex hpp1, so im not diehard audiophile yet, but probably on my way. i listen to literally all kinds of music, so versatility is appreciated. 

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #2,496 of 7,982

Quote:
What is the status of the package at http://vnpost.vn/? (which, I suppose, is the post that should deliver your package)

--------

My GR07 arrived today after a 2 weeks wait. It was worth it for sure!
I am simply amazed at how clear it sounds. This is the first time I heard the difference between MP3 and FLAC.
I am still not used to the over-ear design, I hope I will get used to it soon.
I have tried so many genres, EDM, Rock, Classical. Everything sounds excellent. Also I haven't noticed the sibilance problem. which songs are the most affected by this problem so I can check if I have it?
One more question, I haven't received the foam tips. Should they be included in the new package?

Not sure if I used the site properly since it is only in Vietnamese, but with google translate, it seems that my item is not found in their database. Thanks for the link...God I hope customs didn't decide to steal my purchase...

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #2,497 of 7,982
It's probably too early to make any definitive statements (no burn in at all) but I'm listening to my GR07s right now and have a big stupid grin on my face. Coming from the S4 probably makes me easy to please (anything sounds better maybe?) but wow, so perfectly what I was looking for.

A few surprises: for me they are the most comfortable IEM I've tried (se535, MTPC, IE8, S4, W3, W4). They slip on so naturally and disappear completely. I was worried that because they look like the IE8 they might be equally fiddly, but the opposite it true. 

The biggest and best surprise: SUB-BASS!!! What?!?! Coming from S4 I was preparing myself for bass-lessness but again, the opposite is true. There is less mid-bass and less impact, but I can hear the deepest deepest rumbling notes, it gives me chills. Even the IE8 failed to present sub bass in the same way. The GR07 is so balanced and textured that each level of bass is given equal presence, at least to my unsophisticated ears.

I dont notice any sibilance but again, probably because the S4 is relatively piercing.

No real complaints but I now understand what people mean by "springy" cable, will probably need to get some good ear guides.

Can't wait to hear these things after they open up!

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #2,498 of 7,982
Im looking to upgrade my S4 as well. And im between these and the UE F10s. Cant make up my mind. I like how the GR07 are small and look good for gym use. While the F10s look big ass hell. Im mostly leaning to sound quality, both sets have gotten similar reviews. So im pretty sure both would be a huge upgrade to the S4's. I like how you said they sound better than the S4s thats a nice plus. Thanks for the small review.

Quote:
It's probably too early to make any definitive statements (no burn in at all) but I'm listening to my GR07s right now and have a big stupid grin on my face. Coming from the S4 probably makes me easy to please (anything sounds better maybe?) but wow, so perfectly what I was looking for.

A few surprises: for me they are the most comfortable IEM I've tried (se535, MTPC, IE8, S4, W3, W4). They slip on so naturally and disappear completely. I was worried that because they look like the IE8 they might be equally fiddly, but the opposite it true. 

The biggest and best surprise: SUB-BASS!!! What?!?! Coming from S4 I was preparing myself for bass-lessness but again, the opposite is true. There is less mid-bass and less impact, but I can hear the deepest deepest rumbling notes, it gives me chills. Even the IE8 failed to present sub bass in the same way. The GR07 is so balanced and textured that each level of bass is given equal presence, at least to my unsophisticated ears.

I dont notice any sibilance but again, probably because the S4 is relatively piercing.

No real complaints but I now understand what people mean by "springy" cable, will probably need to get some good ear guides.

Can't wait to hear these things after they open up!

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #2,499 of 7,982

Quote:
Im looking to upgrade my S4 as well. And im between these and the UE F10s. Cant make up my mind. I like how the GR07 are small and look good for gym use. While the F10s look big ass hell. Im mostly leaning to sound quality, both sets have gotten similar reviews. So im pretty sure both would be a huge upgrade to the S4's. I like how you said they sound better than the S4s thats a nice plus. Thanks for the small review.

I've owned both, and IMO the GR07 beats the TF10 in every way. I really tried to like the TF10, especially since I got it for $100 during black friday, but I don't think it's good for much more than EDM. As always, these are just my opinions, and your mileage may vary.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #2,500 of 7,982

Quote:

They each have their own signatures. If you like the fun, v-curve, the TF10 might be better, whereas the GR07 will probably be more natural sounding, and as many others have noted, they sound amazing  with drums.

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #2,503 of 7,982
Yeah, it's good with drums. Others have posited (and I agree) that it's because of that treble spike, which is in just the right spot to give drums and such a slightly sharper and crisper impact that often gets lost with other headphones.

This is something I always feel gets lost in earphones I've tried. Good to know, probably order tomorrow thanks again.

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #2,505 of 7,982

Quote:
What you guys think... Gr07 with fiio e6 amp for 179.. same price on amazon but I could get it in two days. Is the fiio amp any good thanks.

I had the fiio e6 w/ my GR07 for a while. I found no improvement over the iP4 headphone out, so that may be something to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back